Daniel Bryan Is The *NEW* WWE Champion

As happy as I am about Daniel Bryan being champion, it happened too soon if he remains as champion. That being said though, I feel as though Orton will be rewarded the title tomorrow night as a result of the fast count. Maybe Triple H will "fire" Armstrong and then you could have Road Dogg talk to Triple H about his power issues as well. I like all the ideas discussed, the vacated title with Orton and Bryan fighting to secure the match would make sense as the next ppv is Battleground.

Agreed.
As the storyline has been progressing, I was sinking in that it would take some time for Daniel Bryan to regain the WWE Championship.
Yesterday, I tooned in to NOC hoping to see DB put up a hell of a match, but with 0% hope of seeing him actually win the big one.
But when I saw Scott Armstrong, I had a feeling he would have an influential role in the outcome of the match, remembering the "Montreal Screwjob - Part II" back in 2009.
When I saw him recover and get back to the match, I "reinforced" my suspicions.
At the end to see DB winning "clean", in spite of the (clear) quick count, and to see DB leaving the arena with no interference from HHH gave me a feeling of "incompletion" and predictability for the near future: Scott Armstrong is instructed to quick count so that he can be suspended and then the title gets handed back to Orton in some way.
Hope to see how this goes but, having in mind the whole storyline, I fear that it may have taken a "step back"...
Let's wait and see... suprise us, WWE :icon_neutral:

Here's one more possible scenario:

HHH is out with Orton, Bryan, and Armstrong. He talks and talks, strips Bryan of the title. Orton smirks out of expectation that he will get the title. HHH announces he needs to do what's best for business and announces that the WWE Champion is the face of the WWE, HHH.

Does this work? I think it fits with HHH's character. It fits even better with his rumored backstage character. This also has precedent since Bischoff did this way back when. Finally, it could lead to Bryan/HHH match or a triple threat. If HHH is going to carry that title for a couple of months it could set up HHH/Punk for the title once he's done with Ryback.

or

Sandow (because he is brilliant), finds a loophole in his MitB contract that let's him steal the WWE. HHH announces Sandow as the new and ugliest face of the WWE. :shrug:

HHH making himself champion wouldn't work. He would have to leave his position as COO to do it. Now what HHH could do to cause a swerve is strip Bryan and vacate the title. Angering Orton and Bryan and getting massive heat.

HHH making himself champion wouldn't work. He would have to leave his position as COO to do it.

Why? He is powerful, he has support from his wife and father-in-law who basically controls everything that is WWE. This is the WWE, they've been making up their own rules and changing them consistently for decades. The only reason I see against it is that he is probably not wrestling house shows. But even then it is not the end of the world if the champion does not wrestle on a house show.

Now what HHH could do to cause a swerve is strip Bryan and vacate the title. Angering Orton and Bryan and getting massive heat.

It's not a swerve, a good number of people in this thread is calling for that. It is almost the expectation at this point.

How about Stephanie or Vince announce HHH as you're new champion? Don't tell me that won't get heat.

I'd be on board for Hunter as champ. The heat on him would be tremendous. As much as I do NOT like Bryan getting the title this early, I think this could all be a build to an eventual HHH vs Bryan match at SSeries.

Thats money, and Bryan should come out on top.

Battleground is the key here - this is quite possibly gonna be WWE's version of War Games... They have been building factions for the last few months and while I'd prefer it to be at Survivor Series in the more traditional format all these groups are naturally gonna need to face off.

It could equally be the new King Of The Ring with a tournament format - which a vacated WWE title certainly lends itself to.

To me the thing with HHH is he's gonna go with "what's best for business" and he has the out that Orton failed... fast count or no, he shouldn't have been in that position/should have put DBry away earlier so he's not "best for business cos he couldn't get the job done".

If it's a one on one I can see Trips being "the only guy who can do it" in his own head but Vince steps in and comes up with an alternative format like the tourney or war games match.

It should be interesting to see what they do with Bryan. I think that HHH will strip him of the belt and put it back on Orton; however, vacating it makes sense as well. That could even lead to a mini-tournament where HHH gets to evaluate different options for "face of the company" but ultimately picks Orton.

This "title reign" will give HHH even more heat and make Bryan winning the belt for real an even better moment. Personally, I think he should have one more match with Orton and then be away from the WWE title for at least 4 months. I now want to see a Bryan/HHH feud and maybe, just maybe HHH wins the WWE title because Orton couldn't get the job done. That could bring back Vince into the equation to try and stop him but that is very very unlikely.

Yep, pretty much the title of the thread says it all. Earlier in the night, it was announced that neither The Shield or Big Show would be allowed to be at ringside for the match. Later on, when Orton confronted Triple H about the decision, Triple H informed him that he just wanted to make sure that he had the right guy to be champion.

There was a ref bump during the match, with Scott Armstrong taking the ref's place. Bryan manages to land the running knee on Orton and Armstrong delivers a fast count, giving Bryan the win. Given how the match ended, with the "fast count", there are a few ways this could go:

1. Triple H strips Bryan of the title tomorrow night on Raw. - This is a real possibility as Orton will make his case that the ref's count was fast, which it was. Triple H could simply render the decision null and strip Bryan of the title. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll give it back to Randy Orton as he could always vacate it.

2. The decision is upheld & a rematch is made. - Since Orton is the former champion, he's entitled to a rematch against Bryan. This rematch could happen as an incentive to tune in to Raw tomorrow night or it could be advertised for the next ppv

3. Triple H declares war on Bryan. - What I mean by that is that Triple H decides to essentially put a bounty on Daniel Bryan's head. Triple H could take the position that if Bryan wants to be WWE Champion so badly, then he's going to see just how difficult it is. As a result, Triple H could send any number of wrestlers in the coming weeks after Bryan for the purpose of beating him, thereby earning a future title shot, or "injuring" him, thereby forcing him to relinquish the title.

There are probably other ways this could go but these are the ones that first came to mind.

There's a fourth option you ignored or didn't think of.

4)) HHH comes out and calls Bryan to the ring, there's a moment where it looks like he's going to attack him, but then they hug. Not a HHH face turn but instead a Bryan Heel turn. HHH goes on to say it was all a work to bring and then crush Orton and to fool with the fans minds. A way for them (mcmahons) to show the fans that they can play them like puppets. The whole thing, the Shield beat downs, the Big Show blackmailing everything was a work on Orton and the fans.

That's just as likely as everything else you brought up. In fact given their history, it's possibly more likely.

i believe that Bryan will come out and cut a promo on being the champion only to have Triple H come out and congratulate him, then call out Scott Armstrong, have him admit his mistake and then tell Bryan in a way that he thinks is best, "i'm sorry, but i got to follow the rules and the rules are that Orton is still the champion" and the title will be given back to Orton and then likely Bryan will "steal" the title later to set up a rematch at BattleGround and it may also set up a Road Dogg storyline with Armstrong being fired as a ref and for Road Dogg to step in.

I think they got to strip Daniel Bryan of the title and give it back to Orton. If they do that then what happened at NOC makes sense.

Bryan looks great because he beat Orton at NOC. HHH and Orton will draw mega heat for taking the title away from DB. Fans will rally even more behind Bryan because I don't think you could get screwed out of the title any worse than that.

I don't want to see Triple H as champion. I have a hard time to believing he will job to Daniel Bryan. This is the same guy that for some reason needed to beat Punk shortly after his pipebomb promo and the start of his big push.

That promo Triple cut at NOC where he said he wanted to make sure if Orton was the guy. If he wasn't 100% sure about Orton then why on earth did he help Orton win the title in the first place, he continued to have Bryan beat down and made Big Show cry and had a lovefest with Orton for weeks. Triple H has been acting like a big time asshole, why would he want someone he despises in Bryan to have a fair fight all of a sudden? It just didn't make sense to me.

I guess the other possibility is some kind of trouble within the Mcmahon family... Like Vince siding with Orton and Triple H having a change of heart about DB..Which will ultimately lead to Vince vs Triple H at WM.

Of the things that developed last night, only two have me anticipating Raw for follow-up. One is Ryback likely becoming the next Paul Heyman guy, and the other is what will become of the WWE Championship, and who will be holding it when the night ends.

Bryan won on a fast count, but it wasn't acknowledged much by the announcers, was it? Perhaps we weren't supposed to focus on that, rather diverting our attention to the fact that Bryan won the title. In some ways, it reminds me of the Khali/Cena match at Judgment Day 2007. Cena made Khali tap to the STF, but Khali's foot was clearly under the bottom rope. But the focus, like last night, was on Cena beating Khali, just like the focus last night was on Bryan beating Orton. There may have been a reference to a fast count, but the majority of the focus was on Bryan winning the championship. If I was a betting man, I'd put money down that we weren't supposed to recognize the fast count at all. Slight of hand, you see, so that it could become a focal point tonight. As for how tonight goes, there are several ways I could see it go down:

1. Dissension within the McMahons: They've teased and there have been rumors of a McMahon feud leading up until Wrestlemania. Technically, the ref's decision is to be final correct? So perhaps Stephanie and Vince(or switch HHH for one of them) think Bryan should be stripped of the title, but COO HHH overrides them, and Bryan keeps the title.

2. Bryan is stripped of the title:This seems the most obvious of steps, as HHH and Stephanie have made it clear that Bryan is not suitable as face of the company. The fast count is their out for being able to strip Bryan. Bryan gets screwed again in a sense, which will only rally the fans behind him more.

3. 'Referee incompetance' resulted in the end of the match last night, HHH steps up and does what's 'best for business.' In order to ensure a fair match called down the middle between Bryan and Orton, the rematch happens either tonight or at Battleground....with HHH as referee.

Whatever happens, I don't see them going away from Bryan/Orton. There truly is no one else to add to the championship picture right now, unless Big Show is added to make it a triple threat. Punk will be occupied with Ryback, Cena, Sheamus, and Mark Henry are injured, and Dolph Ziggler seems quite occupied with the Shield.

I really believe it will come down to Bryan and Orton, perhaps swapping the title back and forth. There's the possibility that Big Show could be added to the picture to break up a perceived monotony of an abundance of Bryan/Orton matches.

But regardless of who enters the picture, I truly believe there will be one man who will be a constant when it's all said and done. That man is Daniel Bryan. He's cemented himself as a true star, and he'll be champion or challenger headed into Wrestlemania this year.

He's on his way to being the 1B to Cena's 1A.

daniel did interviews without the title and stated i wont feel like champ until the title is in my bag over night indicating he probably will get screwed tonight heading into ss with a lot of the rooster starting to stand up to hhh and a couple fired superstars returning to team with bryan for a traditional ss match.

If you guys are watching this the storyline is getting crazy as shit. I was hoping when they had Triple H walk away with the title that he would look at it like he used to like he really wanted the title again thus foreshadowing giving it to himself. Right now though I'm interested in if they'll keep Orton as their Corporate Champ, they have someone else take that role, or HHH assumes the role himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back