Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Just watched some Secret of Mana remake in game footage. It's good but there's a pretty big flaw....the voice acting of the main character is super....super irritating. Like I wanted to just skip ahead every time it was his turn to talk.

Just watched some Secret of Mana remake in game footage. It's good but there's a pretty big flaw....the voice acting of the main character is super....super irritating. Like I wanted to just skip ahead every time it was his turn to talk.

The voice acting didn't bother me, but then again I was too focused on seeing such a beloved title coming back to life with this remake. I guess I'm also not much of a stickler for voice-acting. Gameplay and story outrank everything else ten times over for me.

I think the only time voice acting has ever really bothered me was when it was truly awful. Like the voice acting in Oblivion was so bad, they actually left a line in where a quest giver messes up and you can hear the actress say "Let me try that again."

The Elder Scrolls series aren't that great for voice acting in general.

I think the only time voice acting has ever really bothered me was when it was truly awful. Like the voice acting in Oblivion was so bad, they actually left a line in where a quest giver messes up and you can hear the actress say "Let me try that again."

The Elder Scrolls series aren't that great for voice acting in general.

Was it as bad as that infamous Tidus "laughing" scene in FFX?

Was it as bad as that infamous Tidus "laughing" scene in FFX?

Oh with Yuna lol? It's not as bad or obnoxious, she doesn't even mess up her lines, she just wants to do them over so the subtitles freeze for a minute in game, and she keeps talking until she repeats her original line.

[YOUTUBE]L9REWMEOLdI[/YOUTUBE]

Tactics was amazing. Should really retry it sometime. Its the best strategy rpg. Disgaea is pretty cool too, its taking some time geting used to the mechanics tho

Tactics was amazing. Should really retry it sometime. Its the best strategy rpg. Disgaea is pretty cool too, its taking some time geting used to the mechanics tho

I might at some point. It's more the genre than anything. Just not my cup of tea. Even in Ogre Battle, I would just take the "important" people like Lans, Warren, Canopus, etc and add them to the Hero's unit. I'd then try to clear the game with only one unit.

I wasn't really interested in tactics either even though it gets nothing but praise.

Probably because of the novelty of it being strategy based with FF elements. Much like Chocobo Racing. Novelty of racing based with FF elements. Loved that one.

Tactics gets praised more for it's story than it's mechanics. If you take the time to properly delve into it, it's phenomenal. The game itself plays incredibly basic though, not really doing much to break the norm of the genre.

The game is incredibly easy to break though. I've lost count of the number of solo-Ramza runs I've done (minus the instances where the game forces guest characters into your party).

Tactics gets praised more for it's story than it's mechanics. If you take the time to properly delve into it, it's phenomenal. The game itself plays incredibly basic though, not really doing much to break the norm of the genre.

The game is incredibly easy to break though. I've lost count of the number of solo-Ramza runs I've done (minus the instances where the game forces guest characters into your party).

Will you be joining us in WZCW?

Dagger, Batti's Entrance theme need to be updated.

If it's in the character changes thread those should get updated soon. One of the other guys will have to get it. I've got work and church tomorrow, then will be on a mission trip the next several days after that.

Will you be joining us in WZCW?

Unlikely. I've got 50ish posts in the 5 years since I've registered, I don't really have the free time that would be required for something like that. I ended up seeing the thread title and was intrigued by the discussion at the time and ended up responding to it before I noticed the section the thread was in.

Haven't forgotten about the FF1 project. Wrapping up the written portion and still plan on launching its walkthrough thread soon. Here's the Phantom. The first and easiest of the bosses in the final temple.

35asrhh.jpg

Have you been keeping up with Xanathar's Guide to Everything? Looks like a bunch of fun. I can't wait to test out some of the new spells and sub-classes. My favourite so far is the Ceremony spell: my character will be able to marry people!

Have you been keeping up with Xanathar's Guide to Everything? Looks like a bunch of fun. I can't wait to test out some of the new spells and sub-classes. My favourite so far is the Ceremony spell: my character will be able to marry people!

No I forgot all about that actually. I knew it was coming out but have had a lot on my plate lately between church and work. I might pick it up. My 5th edition group has been playing about once per month due to schedules not lining up.

One of the most shocking moments in the game is during the final temple when suddenly you get ambushed by a familiar face.... Lich. The elemental fiends each challenge you to a rematch in the final temple. Each one on a different floor. Lich's is the toughest of these rematches since it is impossible to prepare for it unless you have played before, plus he also is stronger with access to more powerful magic. The other three are about the same just without their weaknesses from previous fights. The walkthrough's done being written other than Warmech and the final boss. I really need to get around to launching that thread. And finishing the last two optional bosses in FF5. Anyway, here is the Lich rematch in FF1.

24cb0b8.jpg

Well, I'll need to bump my old FF6 walkthrough at some point. I may have just discovered a way to keep Locke as a Merchant. I'm testing out a way to use the Kutan glitch to do so, and to see how long it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back