D3 - Triple H & Kurt Angle versus Antonio Inoki & El Santo

Discussion in 'WrestleZone International Cup' started by Dave, Aug 5, 2017.

?

Who Wins?

1. Team U.S.A

2. Team R.O.T.W

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave

Dave Here we go, 10 in a row!
    Staff Member Administrator

The penultimate day of the WrestleZone International Cup is upon and so comes Tag Team Turmoil. 9 tag team matches await us on day 3 of this intriguing competition, with the Rest of the World Team lagging behind by 4 points. Can the team from the U.S.A put the screws to their opposition and claim an unassailable lead? Or can the team from the rest of the world claw back some point and make the final day all the more interesting.

Matches were determined through a random number generator. Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

2. Dave

Dave Here we go, 10 in a row!
    Staff Member Administrator

I don't know who to pick in this one but I am leaning towards the team from the Rest of the World.

On one hand, I think about some of the times that Triple H and Kurt Angle shared a ring in a tag team match. They beat really domineering tag teams, like the APA and the Dudley Boyz. There is no doubt that they are of quality and could see off most teams on their day. But the truth of the matter is that those days were very few and very far between. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Triple H and Kurt Angle hated everything about one another for most of their careers. In fact, if I remember rightly, they matches they won as a tag team were with Stephanie McMahon on their team too. A person who's "services" they would go on to fight over.

These guys hated each other and traded wins back and forth in their careers. Without even looking at the dpeth of their opposition, I can tell you that they would no work cohesively as a team - there is just no doubt about it. When you consider that their opponents are El Santo and Inoki, they don't stand a chance.

3. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Inoki and Santo are two of (or in Santo's case the undisputed) biggest stars in the history of their countries. As much as HHH cries to himself every night, he just isn't anywhere near that level and never will be. Angle is similar: he's one of the best of all time but there's at least one solid level above him. Inoki and Santo are top level international stars and that's going to be enough to beat HHH and Angle, who would likely turn on each other before they even make it to the ring.

Rest of the World.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.