• Team R.O.T.W

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The penultimate day of the WrestleZone International Cup is upon and so comes Tag Team Turmoil. 9 tag team matches await us on day 3 of this intriguing competition, with the Rest of the World Team lagging behind by 4 points. Can the team from the U.S.A put the screws to their opposition and claim an unassailable lead? Or can the team from the rest of the world claw back some point and make the final day all the more interesting.

Matches were determined through a random number generator. Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

This might be the hardest draw for either team in the whole damn round. On oe side of the coin, you have the most successful WWE Champion in history and a man who has, simply put, done everything there is to do around the globe. Both men have taken different paths to stardom but have arrived their nonetheless.

On the other side of the coin stands two men who have been just as successful in their own way. Andre The Giant didn't hold as many Championships as John Cena but who would ever take a Championship off of the big man once he had it? Nakamura, on the other hand, is just as successful in his homeland as AJ Styles is and is now making his waves in the WWE, being a two time NXT Champion and having a bright future in front of him.

It's really hard to predict how this one would go and how the match would play out. I genuinely think that Andre The Giant would be too much for John Cena and definitely too much for AJ Styles. Similarly, Nakamura has wins over John Cena and AJ Styles in singles competition. But when it comes to tag matches, AJ and Nakamura are split right down the middle.

I think it all comes down to Andre and his role in the match. I don't see this being the type of match where Super Cena rises up and slams the big man. The USA are in front by some way now and there isn't a lot of pride to fight for. For that reason, I think that Andre and Nakamura take this one.

John Cena will fight for America until the day he dies. I cannot say that about anyone else in this match. Cena doesn't care if the USA is up by 100, he will still fight like it's tied in Overtime.

Vote Cena and AJ.

I'm going AJ and Cena here. They've had their feud and now they have the mutal respect for each other so they would have no issue getting along as a team. But AJ and Nakamura are pretty even as far as success, but Cena is the modern day Hulk Hogan and who's career was made by beating Andre at Mania? Hogan. Cena ends up busting out his super human strength to AA Andre in the end and give USA another win.

There's too much amazingness for the USA to overcome here.

A lot of people will tell you that AJ Styles' best work came in Japan. Who beat him on his last day there? Shinsuke Nakamura, in an absolute classic. That would be the same Nakamura who beat Cena clean last week on Smackdown.

On the other side you have Big Match John Cena, who has strength beyond what mere mortal wrestlers can comprehend. The problem is he's looking across the ring at Andre the Giant, whose career is nothing short of legend. Cena has beaten them all (save for Nakamura), but he's never met anything like Andre, who would sit on Cena's chest and leave with Nikki over his shoulder.

This is another incredibly close one and I could see the side for the Americans, but Rest of the World wins it.

When you factor in an indestructible giant, unusually you would go with said giant as the winner. John Cena and AJ Styles would have fits in a 2 on 1 setting vs Andre the Giant and back in the day, Andre would be in a handicap match because he was just too large and powerful for just one wrestler.

Now give this gigantic man a tag team partner so he can go rest for awhile and they can't lose. I'm overshadowing the success/talents of Nak as well.

Andre and Nak for the win. They would be a pretty unbeatable tag team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back