• Team ROW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day 2 of the WrestleZone International Cup begins in earnest with Team U.S.A holding a slender lead of 7 points to 5. This round sees the 12 male competitors of each team face off against each other in one-on-one competition. Who will come out on top today?

Matches were randomly assigned through a number generator. Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

Terrific match up here. And one that, I think, could go either way depending on which Edge and John Cena we are getting. Don't get me wrong, John Cena has definitely won more one on one contests between the two but he has also come up short quite a few times too.

So, I guess, it comes down to what Edge and John Cena we get. Cena, in his Super Cena days, is practically unbeatable for the most part. We've seen him do the impossible so many times when the pressure is placed firmly on his shoulders. But we have also seen him be outsmarted by cowardly heels numerous times in the past. And for me, Edge is one of the most cowardly heels that there has been in the recent history of the WWE - a man that would do anything it took to win a match that meant everything to him.

In a predicament such as this, however, I find it difficult to look past John Cena. He is fighting for his national pride and that means more to him than most other things. Often times it can leave someone blinded and under tremendous pressure to perform. But I think Cena is the man for the occasion. It's a tight call but I'm going for Super Cena to reclaim some national glory and a win.

Cena just successfully defended America's honor in a Flag match not even two weeks ago. And while Edge is leagues above Rusev, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match. Like with Hogan against Andre, Cena always had one up on Edge. Oh sure, Edge won some battles, but Cena ultimately won their war. If they were to have had a battle with America's and Canada's pride on the line, Toronto would have never forgiven Cena because he would have beaten Edge yet again.

Cena and Team USA win.

They could be fighting in Toronto inside a hockey rink with the Maple Leaf tattooed on Edge's face and John Cena would still get the win. Their rivalry was nothing but Cena taking Edge down when it mattered the most. He beat him in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match- a stipulation Edge not only made popular, but was undefeated in. Edge was the perfect foil for everything John represented with the changing PG rating. He was the antagonist for John, not the other way around. This is John Cena's and I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be.

Vote Team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back