• Team ROW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day 2 of the WrestleZone International Cup begins in earnest with Team U.S.A holding a slender lead of 7 points to 5. This round sees the 12 male competitors of each team face off against each other in one-on-one competition. Who will come out on top today?

Matches were determined through a random number generator. Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

Brock Lesnar could have easily been the defector instead of The Rock in this tournament. That's how patriotic he is. I've never seen him fight for some idealistic purpose. Even in 2002, he was portrayed as the guy that went out of his way to cause as much devastation as possible just for the hell of it. When he came back into the fold a while back, he was there to be a mercenary - pay me or I leave. It's made for an interesting character for sure, but in regards to an International Tournament, I feel Lesnar is at his weakest here.

On the other side we have a man who lives and breathes Canada. He's been known to wave the Maple Leaf at times, and is probably why Canadian wrestlers in general are considered some of the best technicians. Fans get interested in some No Names when commentary say they trained in The Hart Dungeon. Bret Hart may very well be the biggest name in his country. Brock Lesnar, monster that he is, is not the biggest name in the US.

Lesnar may be an All American, but whereas a guy like Jack Swagger relished in being so, Lesnar did not. He was a beast first and foremost. With nothing for Brock to truly gain from a victory here, I must throw my support for Bret Hart.

That and Lesnar tapped out to a gallery of technical wrestlers. Bret Hart is all about making his opponents submit to The Sharpshooter. Lesnar is out of his element.

Vote Bret.

I totally agree with you that Bret is far more likely to want to fight for the sake of national pride. However, I posit to you that Brock Lesnar is still too big and too strong for him to contend with. I haven't decided which way I am going to swing on this one yet. But the thing I cannot get out of my mind is just how Bret Hart would manage to get Brock Lesnar to the floor to make him submit? Brock Lesnar is an utter beast - by name and by nature. Bigger and stronger people have tried to take him down to the canvas with absolitely no luck. Samoa Joe is the closest I have seen to someone who can actually stand toe to toe with Lesnar and knock him on his ass. Even then, the differences between Joe and Bret Hart are staggering.

Don't get me wrong, I know how good Bret Hart is in the ring and I know that he methodically takes people apart with ease. But I just cannot fathom how he would manage to do that to a man who threw John Cena around the ring like a piece of trash for 15 minutes before finishing him off. I really want to vote Hart because I know that, somehoe, hw would be capable of it. But realistically, he isn't.

If I could interest those that are unsure where there vote should go, I'd like to appeal a bit more to how technicians fair against Brock Lesnar. To put it bluntly, they can and have beaten him.

Kurt Angle is 6'0 and weighs 220 lbs. Bret Hart is 6'0 and weighs 235 lbs. If you're leaning Brock because you're unsure if Bret is big enough to take him down, he is bigger than Angle, who has made the Beast tap out on several occasions.

But that is only one example. Chris Benoit, another technician who made Lesnar submit, is 5'11 and weighs 220 lbs. Frank Mir from the UFC, only 3 inches and 30 pounds more than Bret Hart, applied a kneebar to Lesnar to make him tap out in less than two minutes. Even in a real fight Lesnar has problems with opponents that use submission moves.

Bret Hart could definitely take Lesnar to the floor. Others smaller than him have done so before.

Lesnar will kill anybody that goes head-to-head with him, which means that unless you are Superman, you can't take Lesnar out in a full-out-war.

Are you a power house? Lesnar will have a hard time, but he'll win. Ask Goldberg.

Are you a brawler? Lesnar will kill you. Ask Cena and The Undertaker.

Lesnar is Superman when he's a face and Bane when he's a heel. Who is the guy that can beat Superman and Bane? Batman. Batman is to DC what technical wrestlers are to wrestling.

Lesnar's biggest foes where Angle and Benoit. Lesnar couldn't handle them. Who's the king of techical wrestling? Bret Hart. Better than Angle, better than Benoit. All that Hart needs to do is to withstand the agony that Lesnar will deliver to him and Hart is one tough SOB. And the more time passes, all the little and crucial hits Bret would deliver to Brock would start to affect Brock. It's a battle for survival. Bret just has to survive Brock for as long as he can. In the end, it will be a victory for Hart, one way or the other.

One of the biggest reasons why I voted against Lesnar in favor of Hart in the WZT was that the rules of the final round seemed to favor him more. Those rules don't exist here. It's a fresh Hart going up against a fresh Lesnar. As I said in the WZT, Brock is WWE's biggest box office draw right now. Unless Roman Reigns really explodes in the next few years, it's highly likely that he will go down as the top wrestler of the 2010's. We're midway through 2017, and Brock's still in the prime of his career.

The national pride argument for Bret is a good one, as Lesnar loves his country so much that he packed up and moved to Bret's. However, what Lesnar really loves is money. Give him enough of it and he'll fight for whatever reason you want him to fight for. Team America gives Brock a $1 million paycheck and orders him not to let Bret leave the ring conscious, and he does just that.

Winner Brock and Team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back