D Round 1; 42 Rome; total war v 87 Tony Hawks 2

?

• Rome

• TOny Hawks 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
256px-Romebox.jpg

v

250px-TonyHawk%27sProSkater2Nintendo64.jpg

I've never played Rome. I'm usually big on that kind of massive war game, but I've just never gotten around to it. I've heard great, great things about it, but I can't rightfully vote for a game I haven't played, especially when it's up against a juggernaut of gaming like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

I always enjoyed the original the best (off of nostalgia, mostly) but there's no denying Part 2 was quite the improvement over the original. The first four THPS are all classic games, and part 2 is usually the favorite among those. I know each and every one of us probably wasted hours and hours and HOURS of our lives playing THPS and racking up completely impossible 356-part tricks. I'd challenge anyone on these forums to a game of THPS, and I'd win too damnit.

THPS2 all the way to the bank.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, oddly enough the only skating type game I've ever played. I used to play this all the time at a friends house, I enjoyed the game so much that I bought myself a copy. Though I'm a racer at heart I had a few sports game in my collection and this game made a nice addition. Even though the game itself was relatively simple, the replay value was surprisingly high, I could spend hours just in the freestyle mode alone. The soundtrack in the game was great as well.

Never even heard of Rome; Total War, so it baffles me how it received a higher seed than the latter, especially when the latter's considered one of the top games for its system.

I'm torn.....

Rome: Total War is Age of Empires, multiplied times 1,000. Though I never really enjoyed it all that much. It was fun, but maneuvering all those troops got a little jankety after a while. And god help you if you weren't watching your flank. Your troops would collapse faster than X after a few too many bong hits.

Tony Hawk though, was great fun. I remember playing it on N64. I spent endless hours putting together crazy trick combinations that I could never do in real life. And the greatest part is when you try to do a trick, but end up in a wipeout that should have seriously broken your skater's neck. Everyone in the room would go "Ooooouch." Or you'd get the one dude in the room who laughs his ass off. Either way, great game.

I've changed my mind. Tony Hawk.

Reactions: X
Rome Total War was a great game, so I have to go with it. Massive Troop Movements, Historical Accuracy, Strategy and Violence, all rolled into one. I implore anyone who likes strategy games to buy it.

I liked THPS 2, I really did, playing on the PS1 here though. The soundtrack was boss, and was probably the greatest soundtrack to date. But I enjoyed others in the series more, and this one just didnt really click as much for me. Still an excellent game.

Rome: Total War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back