D Round 1; 41 Gran Turismo 4 v 88 fable

?

• GT4

• Fable

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
252px-Gran_Turismo_4.jpg

v

Fablebox.jpg

Gran Turismo 4 and its not even close. I've stated before that I'm a racer at heart, I'm also a sucker for simulators. GT4 is considered a type of simulator by many because it does accurately mirror real time racing. The amount of cars available in the game is flat out ridiculous, they have everything from muscle cars to sport cars to supercars even old classic cars like the Model T and the Silverghost are in this game. The tracks vary from road courses off of a Las Vegas highway to a track at Le Mans to a track from Indycar. The game had endless amounts of replay value, with the multiplayer mode just adding to the fun.

I remember playing Fable, many of my friends enjoyed the game, I however got bored of it rather quickly. Never really been too big on RPG's in general, yeah there are a few that I enjoyed, but Fable wasn't one of them. This is the reason why I never got swept up in the World of Warcraft craze either.

Hate to disappoint Ech here, but I'm going for Fable. Not a big racing game fan, and thus Gran Turismo 4 was just more of the same to me. I know it's a great game and all the customizing you can do and all of that hoopla, I gotcha, it's a great racing game. I just don't dig 'em.

Fable wins by default for me. It helps that it's a fun little game.

I've gone for GT4. When I was younger, I played this game non-stop and I remember getting hours of endless enjoyment from it. When I eventually bought my 360, the first original game I bought for it was Fable and I have to say that I did not find it enjoyable at all. I don't know why because I do usually like RPG games but this one just did not entice me as much as Gran Turismo. A game which I truly enjoyed.

I don't expect it to get through against Fable but I personally think it should. As for me, it was the more enticing game.

Don't like racing games at all. Fable was out-shined by it's sequel, but it was still pretty fuckin good. Fable gets my vote here just becauee I hate racing games.

Gran Tourismo 4

Fable WOULD win it out for me, but an 8- hour game a great RPG does not make. It was good for what you could play, but the storyline literally took all of 7 hours, maybe. And when I grew up on RPGs like Final Fantasy, where you could blow literally 30+ hours on them, it's a major letdown.

I don't really like racing games, but GTA 4 was good. It was better than a 7 hour RPG, anyway.

I just don't like GT... Perhaps I just "don't get it" but I find it to be one of the most tedious games I have ever played in my life. There's a point where a game series can become so realistic that it's just not fun anymore. That's what I think the Gran Turismo series has become. And I find it's become one of the most over rated game series' of all time, along with Final Fantasy. I don't get why people play Gran Turismo when there's Project Gotham out there. But hey, that's just my inner Sony-hater speaking I supposed.

I found Fable to be a superb game. Yeah it was short, but so what? That's just the main game. Many open ended RPGs have short main games. Hell, the main game of Oblivion is what makes the game worse, in my opinion. In Fable, there's plenty of side quests and places to explore. Plenty of ways to fuck your character up or make him a better person. I enjoyed every minute of the game. Which is more than I can say for GT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back