D Round 1; 12 Metal Gear Solid v 117 tales of symphonia

?

• MGS

• Tales of Symphonia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

v

Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Metal Gear solid and it's no even close.

I really don't care what Tales of Symphonia is about, I've never heard of it. It doesn't matter though, the game could spit 100 dollar bills out of your controller and it still wouldn't match Metal Gear Solid.

Without a doubt the greatest stealth game ever created, who exactly hasn't played MGS at some point? Fantastic story, groundbreaking gameplay, and motherfucking Solid Snake. Need I elaborate?

Vote. MGS. Now.

Metal Gear Solid.

I've played Tales of Symphonia. It's horrible. It's terrible. It's annoying.

Metal Gear Solid, therefore, wins by default. But if you really want a reason, it's a great GREAT game. It made room for games like Rainbow Six to come along years later. It's good. It's damn good.

It breaks my heart to have to vote against the only game of the Tales series that made it in, but i just can't vote against MGS. Although my favorite metal gear solid did not make it(MGS2), i consider a vote for MGS a vote for the franchise. Generally the main appeal of a RPG is its story, well MGS is no RPG, but there's very few stories that trump MGS and the MGS series. With such memorable villains in every damn installment of the game, and one of the greatest game characters in history in Solid Snake, MGS should win this one effortlessly.

Aww tales of symphonia you had a bad draw...

MGS is great, an example of taking an old franchise and just rebooting it, MGS was a great game, improved on MG 1 & 2 and set up a new era.

MGS is the ultimate, bad-ass, man-game. If you have a penis, you will love this game. I especially love when your contacts cry out for you through the codec when you've died in the game...

"Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

MGS, and Tales of SYmphonia doesn't even come close to it.

MGS is THE stealth game. I mean, the plot on the series alone should earn awards. Also, gameplay is boss, and it's somethign that gets you in the game, and makes you use sealth. Otherwise, you're a sitting duck.

Now I wanna play it, but nothing or nowhere to play it on. But this round is for MGS all the way.

Without a doubt, it is MGS in this round.

Solid Snake is in the running as the most badass lead character in a videogame or, for that matter, pretty much any story created. Hideo Kojima has created an interactive movie that the player can partake in with a control scheme that is easy to pick up, stellar cut scenes, excellent graphics that were stellar at release time of the game and loads of replayability with unlockable items, end game rankings and a few easter eggs you might have missed on your first time through.

Fantastic game. Tales of Symphonia can't even come close on this one.

MGS gets my vote.
Big fan of MGS series and this game is one, if not the best game in the series . Great gameplay, storyline, and good graphics for a game for the orignal Playstation. I can't vote against it.
Never heard of tales of symphonia so I cant vote for it.

It appears that Tales of Symphonia isn´t getting much love, but I have to admitt MGS is the better game.

It has one of the best plots in video game history and the most interesting characters.
MGS changed the world of gaming and turned out to be a system seller.

Tales of Symphonia may be a good game but it´s just another RPG and can´t touch MGS in any possible way.

Tales of Symphonia is a really good game. It's like the modern day Secret of Mana.

But dear god, it's up against Metal Gear Solid. MGS is such a great game. And despite the split opinions on what the game series later became the original is a game everyone loves. It's clever and it makes you think very quickly while at the same time testing your patience. Challenging stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back