• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Curtis Axel as Intercontinetal Champion a mistake

Curtis Axel isn't quite the bear his grandfather was, but he's got some real bearish qualities. You could nuzzle up to his bearish chesthair for hours.

It was a big mistake giving him the IC title is really is just so dull. Theres so many other talented guys on the roster who should have been the third Paul Heyman guy and been the IC champion. Everytime Axel is on screen he makes me cringe

I'm actually really glad they put the IC title on him to cover for Fandango, because I honestly couldn't imagine them putting him in the main event so early. It might have ruined him because, let's be honest, he's far from ready for it. Beating Cena and taking HHH to the limit was a nice start, but to push him so quick when he still can't make it without Heyman would be a grave mistake.

Now that he has the IC title, he has no choice but to stick to the midcard for a bit. The feud with the Miz actually helped him in my eyes, because he managed to beat Miz without Heyman's help on multiple occasions, making him a solid heel champion. And now he's a third wheel in WWE's biggest or at least second biggest angle going into Summerslam right now. That's not a step down. I see that as proper fermenting.

I like Axel's direction, FOR THE MOST PART. I do not like what I saw on Raw yesterday where he is cannon fodder in the Punk/Lesnar feud. Either keep him out of it altogether or give him a better showing (let him participate in a double team). I don't like seeing him get squashed while someone else swoops in to save the day.

I'm not sure Curtis Axel is the problem. I think that because there is really no interest in an I-C title scene. Ttile changes are so random and contendership is almost non-existent. Axel has a good look and more than decent size. He's just put in a position where there is nowhere for him to go but down considering he started of with victories over the companies top guys.

Follow me on twitter @TeamVelvet

Winning the IC title has nothing to do with curitis axel current lackluster booking

First of all the Problems:
the storyline over the intercontinental title is totally non existent
There is no midcard division competing for the the ic title

Therefore wwe have lost that emphasis on building a storyline for the midcard champion to work on a program against someone(s). Back then being IC champ or Us champ doesnt meaning wrestle a bunch of nobodies and jobbing to the main event guys. There was a division for those titles and it involved a god damn story line.

I think all points about Curtis Axel's push are valid. The one thing that may hold Axel back are his promos (mic skills I call them). Axel cannot deliver the goods behind the mic. Pure wrestling talent can only take you so far. Yes, I know, Paul Heyman more than suffices but in the future, will it hold Axel back from maybe becoming World or WWE champion? Only time will tell.

Curtis Axel being pushed PERIOD is a mistake. I'm glad he's getting less airtime now, because boy is he horrible. I don't think he wants to know what will happen when he and Heyman separate, but he's undoubtedly going to flop. Nothing special about this guy at all. His presentation is impressive, that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back