Current WWE product worse than Nitro ever was

Discussion in 'Live Discussions Archives' started by Iguy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Iguy

Iguy Dark Match Winner

In the last few years of Monday Nitro most wrestling fans would agree that it was bad, very bad.
    All three current WWE brands right now are also bad, very bad.

I'm curious to know how many people think the current very WWE product is worse than Nitro was.

How do you vote?

2. Agrex

Agrex The Canadian Sensation

Maybe.

3. MC Damn

MC Damn Guest

ECW defo.Raw is holding on.

4. Lil Wes

Lil Wes All Eyez On Me

Meh. It's better but still shit.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Dark Match Jobber

All three suck, they need to move into what ring of honor does and have all quality matches. Have more champions like hardy, kennedy, london, kendrick ect basically guys who can go everyday and dont just hit big power moves or throw punches and clotheslines. thats why ill watch a taped roh ppv over wwe anyday

6. RebelWithoutACause

RebelWithoutACause Dark Match Jobber

I know this is probably going to sound like I work for Vince but, dammit guys, all anyone in the biz cares about is $$$$$$$!!!!!!!!! And WWE makes a ton of it!!!!!!!! WM is on the brink of becoming an event cities bid on like the Fu***ng Super Bowl for Chrisssake and you guys are comparing it to WCW when Sarrcade (Their WM) could only fill half of the MCI Center in DC, come on you fools are delusional and stupid to boot. Why I am by no means defending the current product, I just think you guys overblow things like the leftists on Daily Kos or the Neocons on RedState. WWE is going to be fine. Just think about the possible Mania Card.

Edge V. Taker (Biggest WM Match since Angle Lesnar)
    HBK V It dosnt matter beacause we know its going to kick ass
    Matt Hardy V. MVP
    and so on, WWE is not at its peak by any means but its better then WCW was in 99-00 and better then ECW ever was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. grunks

grunks Dark Match Jobber

As long as WWE pulls a profit it will continue to be storyboard wrestling with quick angles(ie,Edge/Vicky Guerrero) and over the top gimmicks (ie,Umaga) for the most part "booked" pretty consistent and well thought out. It is the actual in ring work that lacks efficiency simply because every performer they have all use the same basic moves executed the same way ie, hip tosses,dropkicks,chops,spears ect. Some of the best matches I seen around 1999-2001 were on Nitro but the booking was so horrible that in some cases you wouldn't even see the guys who just put on a good match the week before on the program the next week. Just watch the Steamboat vs Savage match that is so revered, they each had there own style of execution that counter acted each other so well it really captured the audience. When I watch WWE now It makes me feel like some guys are wrestling with a mirror.

8. jeffatude

jeffatude Guest

i would have to agree and disagree i think that raw is or wasn't has shit as nitro's last shows, smackdown is doing ok by adding the edge heads. but ecw are just falling bad i reckon get rid of ecw. i mean why have a tag team match with ecw champion against mark henry and daddy v (who cant wrestle IMO) and make him loose. wtf. and now have soem one who was in the steriod thing go for the ecw title, when you have benjiman, burke and dreamer. i say get rid of ecw and bring back wcw. then wwe would get more money because of big stars returning for wcw ( nash, hall ( hope fully not but why not bring back nwo), konnan (well hopefully he was great wrestler and should of had the wcw title), scott steiner and rick steiner ( get rid of tnas big stars. heck sting might even come back ).

so as far as i think i think nirto's last shows where better than ecw's today shows>

9. Mr-excitement

Mr-excitement Pre-Show Stalwart

No not as bad as Nitro, but I will say it is well on the way. Vince really needs to stop and look at some of the action on some of the DVDs he is producing - The angles were good and the ratings were huge in World Class and the AWA.

10. Shua

Shua Not as think as you drunk I am

The main problem with WWE is that they've got way too much going on at once. WWE started to faulter shortly after they aquired WCW and it's wrestlers. Now, they've got a total of 100 talents working on 3 seperate shows (Raw and SD! with 40 apiece, ECW with 20). With two hours for Raw and SmackDown! and only one for ECW, there's just not enough time to showcase all their talent.

But, as has already been mentioned, WWE is still making buttloads of money, no matter how horrible their product may seem at times.

11. Mr-excitement

Mr-excitement Pre-Show Stalwart

the writing is atrocious, Jericho's comeback has been totally blown, creative wastes its time with Hornswoggle running through fake walls. They may be making tons of money, but the way things are now - they are not getting my money.

I watched tribute to the troops and changed the channel as soon as Cena came out and Vince acted as if he had no idea who it was.

12. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

WWE isn't bad. It's just incredibly average. Which is how it has always been bar a few years at the end of the 90's.

13. Iguy

Iguy Dark Match Winner

boy, you sound like someone i would never want to be around.

My question was about the quality of the tv show, not the profitability of the company. And since ratings for the show are LOWER than Nitro's used to be, id say i do have a valid point.

14. Kcorthe

Kcorthe Guest

RAW's ratings are much higher than Nitro's were in their final year (maybe 1 1/2 years?).

I think even SmackDown!, on average, does a little bit higher than Nitro did in its final year. And SmackDown! is on Fridays, maybe the worst day for TV in the week.

So no.

But anyway...

WWE's product these days isn't great, but its not terrible. Everyone just wants to pick on everything WWE does, and make it seem so negative. Just like the Triple H thing. WWE surely isn't that great, quality-wise, but it still is watchable usually.

Like someone above said, the current product is average. I still watch it every week.

15. DA DON

DA DON Guest

how the FU** can we be happy with wrestling, we all know its scripted to the bone but having maggots like cena just ruins the entertainment more. wcw killed wwe 82 straight weeks, that is not a small thing. wcw never used stupid things like hornswaggle goin thru a invisibe wall. its time to bring back the attitude era. watch tna if it makes you feel better, it kills wwe in wrestling. it will compete with raw one day and will beat it just like wcw did.

16. Kcorthe

Kcorthe Guest

- No, but they did have stupid things like David Arqutte, a fucking movie actor, win the World Title and hold onto it for several weeks. Among other things.

- No, its not. The Attitude Era was great, but its in the past. Leave its legacy alone. Its time for a NEW era.

- And then would it lose to WWE in the long run, just like WCW...?

Sorry, guys. I know that nearly everyone on these forums likes to bash every single thing about the WWE, but its not that bad. God. Its professional wrestling. What do you expect? There's going to be a lot of stupid stuff, but then there is going to be a lot of awesome stuff. Plus, its hard to surprise any of us anymore because neraly everyone reads the internet. The wrestling audience as a whole is just a tough audience, and nowadays we are tougher than ever.

I mean, God. WWE still puts on watchable programming (usually). Its just a transistion period. Everyone needs to stop nit-picking every little thing and just try to enjoy it for what it is. Granted, its not nearly as good as it used to be...but maybe wrestling will never be as good because all we do is compare it to the old. Everyone just wants the Attitude Era back, and all anyone does is compare that to now. Its so much different now; give WWE a break.

It gets so old listening to almost everybody jsut say the same shit again. "WWE sucks," over and over.

You are older now, and you read the internet, and you keep comparing now to then...of course you're not going to like it.

Just enjoy it for what it is, for God's sake.

17. kieran_devlin

kieran_devlin Getting Noticed By Management

ouch they gave there WCW world title to a guy who dosnt even wrestle can it be worse than that.

Maybe but its not the fault of the wrestlers as i think about it WWE has some talented wrestlers not going into in to much bluntly they dont use there talent correctly.

IF they were trying to find out were a guy fits in ability wise and character wise no problem but they do not do this they just throw a guy a gimmick without even testing it, then they just keep it even if it goes arwy!

Edit:If somethings bad i cant like it i just cant there is a difference between me not liking something personally but when something is truly "bad" no i cant just watch it.