Creepy Majora's Mask story

Way, way, way, way, way, way, way tl;dr. For this entire thing from start to finish. Anyone want to give me a basic cliff notes here?

Guy buys a Majora's Mask N64 cartridge at a yard sale from this old man. He goes home and plays it, and creepy shit happens with the game. You have to read it, because it's basically a series of separate events that can't really be explained in tl;dr. Link dies a lot, and some creepy messages are displayed a few times ("you shouldn't have done that," "you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" etc.)

The story continues with BEN (the name attributed to a file already saved on there) coming out of the game and haunting the guy's computer.

Yeah, and then it became an ARG with a fake moon cult website containing clues, and people sending in video responses to affect gameplay. It had to be put on hold because of insufficient funds, and dumbass trolls trying to confuse everyone.

A few days ago, it came back, and I don't think the summary from there on the Wiki is tl;dr.

Basically, it's fun as fuck.

Here's the forum for discussing new findings. No guesses as to my name on there: http://yshdtforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Y͈͙̫͕ͭͨ͛͐̀ō̶̵͙̰̖̟̖̫̪̽u̷̜̹̞̲ͭͦ͌̒ͨ̈́ͯ̓ͅ'̣̭͍͎͉ͧͮr̩̥̜̺̳̰͖̼͛̓̈ͦ̿͗̓̈́͢ȩ̘͔̟̩̮̘̙͉͛ͨͨ͑̃ ̪͚͚̮̞̙́̌̄̎ͅḍ̶͕̩̺͓̪̮͗̏ͤơ̧͎͍̙ͫ͑̓͂ͪͦ̀͆n͑̊͐҉̪̦̝̞̫̞̟̫̱ẽ͕͙̟̋̂̌ͦͣͫ̎͝ ̰̥̲̆ͦ̂͞p̯̜̳̽͗ͩ̈́̂ͭl̟͓̆͗̐ͨ͜͝ȃ͈̖̣̑͗y̞̺͖͈͔̟͌ͭ͒ͮ͝͞ì͕̰ͣ̄̈́̊̏̋ͤ̐͜n̨̪̯̮͕ͭͥͪ̔̚͡g̘͓̒͡ ̴͚͇̌ͧͣ̕͢w̶̫̞͎̣̃ͨh̛͈̱͎̲̜̉̉̊͐̍ͭ̕e̴͈͔̜̘̻̮͍͋̔̕n̠͚̜͍̘͉͎̉̊͛͟ ̷̢̽̓̍ͨͫͭ͟ͅI̻̜̭̥͛̑͟͠ ̢̉̍̓ͭͮ͛̓͏̹̻s̨̮̮͙͍̺̮̠͐ͣͥ̓͘a̮̗̥͚̗ͯ̀͠yͤ͌̐̉ͧ̐̊ͧ̌͏͈̬̬͟͢ͅ ̴̙̩̗̝̹̜̳ͦ̿ẙ̓̅ͬ̄͊͝͏̬̠͈o̵̱͉͓̪̞̜̩̊̈́̑̒̓́u̹̩͔͙̺ͨ̿̿͡'͉̥͉͕ͮr͐ͣ͗̍͋̓ͪ̒͡҉͔̜̹͠e̷̹̼͉͓̤͚̤̒͒̀ ̱̭͙ͨ̑ͭ͒͛̃̒ͬ̚͜d̎̎͋́ͨͧͬ͌͟͏̬̦͍̫̥o̵͈͎͂͛́ͧͧ͒̈́̀̚̚n͔̤ͬ͆ͣ̑̿ͪ̇́͞ȇ̸̖̳̳̱̭ ̛̼͇͎͈͙͖̂̂̾̓́p̢̫̮̣͈ͣl͔̳̟̫̇̔̍̐̒́͘͠a̸̘̜̭̹͙̪̿̿̎̇̌ͮ͒͜͜y̮͙̯̯̹͔̖̐͜͜i͈̪̜̘̱̭͔͌̓̄̾͑͠n̗̎̎̅́ģ̑͂̎͏͚̭̫̻̹́

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Apparently, people who entered their phone numbers on that cult website, waaaaaaay back when the game first started, have been getting creepy phone calls consisting of the backwards Song of Healing, or the Oath To Order. Someone on the Facebook page posted a video of her message.

Sadly this hasn't happened to me yet.

Also, this Ryukaki guy is a part of the game:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back