Computer Help Please

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
For some reason, when I search something on Google and click on one of the results, it either redirects me to some random website or just back to the Google main page. I was searching online to see what the issue could be and one of the suggestions was that my computer could have malware on it. Can anyone please help me?

For some reason, when I search something on Google and click on one of the results, it either redirects me to some random website or just back to the Google main page. I was searching online to see what the issue could be and one of the suggestions was that my computer could have malware on it. Can anyone please help me?

That's what it sounds like to me, sounds like your search result is being hijacked. Have you run a virus scan yet?

I'm trying to do so with Windows Defender but when I put "start now" a pop up comes up saying "The specified service does not exist as an installed service (Error Code: 0x80070424)."

I'm trying to do so with Windows Defender but when I put "start now" a pop up comes up saying "The specified service does not exist as an installed service (Error Code: 0x80070424)."

Yeah...get a real anti-virus software. I like MSE, it's free and it has worked well for me.

Yeah...get a real anti-virus software. I like MSE, it's free and it has worked well for me.

Doesn't that one come with every PC, work better than most other antivirus software but Microsoft can't legally activate it by default because of competition regulation?

Doesn't that one come with every PC, work better than most other antivirus software but Microsoft can't legally activate it by default because of competition regulation?

Not in America. MSE is offered as a Windows Update, so many times people will install it not realizing they did, but on any machine I've ever purchased, it did not come on by default. Additionally, the regulation you're referring to actually ended in 2011, I believe.

You're probably correct, computers are not my forte. I probably just misinterpreted something I read.

Alright, I did that and did what it told me to do which was clean my computer. I've already restarted my computer as well and it did a recovery. It seems like it's fine now but I'll continue to monitor in case any other issues arise. Thanks once again Sly, I really don't know what I'd do without you being here to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back