Coming Attractions Thread 2013

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Yeah, I think it's time for a new thread. If I'm not mistaken, the current sticky thread has trailers from 2011, and it's beyond cluttered now.

Now You See Me

Release Date: February 15, 2013

[YOUTUBE]4OtM9j2lcUA[/YOUTUBE]​

Jesse Eisenberg and Jake Gyllenhaal star as two magicians whose illusions include daring bank robberies in this Summit Entertainment production. Louis Leterrier helms from a script by Boaz Yakin and Edward Ricourt. Mark Ruffalo and Amanda Seyfried co-star.

Good cast, but I don't know about Isla Fisher. Outside of her ditzy or bubbly redhead comfort zone, I've never seen anything good or worth watching, so it'll be interesting to see if she can pull off something different here.

Looking forward to Now You See Me, and the Houdini stuff should put an interesting spin on the tired and overused "group of experts pull off an impossible heist" stroyline.

The Heat

Release Date: April 5, 2013

[YOUTUBE]c-KKx0lcn2A[/YOUTUBE]​

The Heat is an upcoming comedy film directed by Paul Feig. The film stars Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy as two FBI agents, who must take down a Russian mobster

I'll never watch Mike & Molly (can't stand anything on CBS' lineup), but Melissa McCarthy could have a strong year in 2013. Bridesmaids is horribly overrated, but McCarthy was the highlight of that film. I'm not too crazy about the story, but the duo of Bullock and McCarthy sounds promising. And Bullock could use another hit. She hasn't done anything good since The Blind Side.

The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones

Release Date: August 23, 2013

[YOUTUBE]4UHdZMEUOQ8[/YOUTUBE]​

Lily Collins stars as a young girl whose life is upended when she realizes that she's part of a long line of demon-slayers in this Screen Gems adaptation of Cassandra Clare's first book in her series of best-selling novels. Lena Headey and Jonathan Rhys Meyers head up the rest of the starring cast.

Unique premise, but this trailer really doesn't do anything for me. I might take a chance on this, but I'm not so sure right now.

The Host

Release Date: March 29, 2013

[YOUTUBE]SRKjf8b4f2E[/YOUTUBE]​

One soul, the Wanderer, is fused with a captured human named Melanie Stryder, in an attempt to locate the last pocket of surviving humans on Earth.

Wait. This is based on a book by the same woman, who wrote the Twilight books? Yeah, I think I'll pass on this one.

Dark Skies

Release Date: February 22, 2013 (Limited)

[YOUTUBE]K8iLp1xQtPQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Follows a young family living in the suburbs. As husband and wife Daniel and Lacey Barret witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family.

It might be an average alien abduction horror film, but Dark Skies should be worth watching. This trailer is genuinely creepy, but I'll wait for Dark Skies' DVD release.

Another trailer for Warm Bodies, the second trailer for Oz The Great & Powerful, Jack The Giant Killer, and a few clips for the Silent Night, Deadly Night remake:

[YOUTUBE]07s-cNFffDM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Qy2fJsCkUn4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YbVaNTGI_B0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mEY9i8mIE28[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cFXOmMmo_s8[/YOUTUBE]​

I am so glad you have Now You See Me on here. I cannot wait for that movie. I became a fan of Jesse Eisenberg when I watched The Social Network, cause up until that point he had only been in stupid movies, but he showed he could do something serious. The movie looks to have an all star cast. I kind of agree about Isla Fisher, I haven't ever seen her in anything serious, so she could kind of be a wild card in the movie. Other than that, movie looks awesome.

Yeah, Now You See Me looks great so far. But I sense some strong similarities to the Ocean's movies.

Adventureland is a great pre-Social Network film. Probably one the best coming of age films I've seen over the years. Someone on here recommended it for me, but I can't remember who.

Did you ever get a chance to see The Squid And The Whale? It stars Jesse Eisenberg and Jeff Daniels. It's about the struggles of a broken and eccentric family after a divorce, and it's an excellent drama film. Cursed is another one of my favorites. It's a horror/comedy about werewolves, and Christina Ricci and Jesse Eisenberg are the stars. It's very predictable and loaded with horror cliches, but it's still capable of providing some great laughs.

As far as Eisenberg's earlier films go, this all I can think of off the top of my head, and I'm not sure, but I think he had a part in The Village. I don't know if you had a chance to watch it or not, but if you didn't see it, stay away from The Village, it isn't worth. The Village is a massive shit-fest, that features one of the most idiotic twists I've ever seen in any type of movie.

Also, I wouldn't take a chance on Camp Hell. Eisenberg is only the movie for a brief cameo, but his face is featured on the old box covers. If I remember the story correctly, he was doing a favor for some friends, but they screwed him over, and Eisenberg had to sue Lionsgate.

Nothing major, but a few new trailers.

Black Rock

Release Date: May 17, 2013

[YOUTUBE]pCrjq3B0h10[/YOUTUBE]​

Sarah invites her old friends, Abby and Lou, on a reunion trip to a remote island in Maine. There will be laughter, tears, and a boozy catharsis. It's the sort of weekend that can transform the three into fully realized, grown-ass women.

Yikes, another one of those trailers that gives away the whole movie in a matter of minutes.

I like Kate Bosworth, but she has a bad habit of picking some really shitty movies. Unfortunately, that trend won't change anytime soon.

The Baytown Outlaws

Release Date: January 18, 2013

[YOUTUBE]xhxht2ldZko[/YOUTUBE]​

After her ex-husband shoots Celeste three times in the gut and kidnaps her godson, it's time to play dirty. She hires three outlawed, redneck brothers to bring him back to her. What begins as a small rescue mission rises to a Southern battle royale.

A whacky comedy about a group of hillbilly hitmen starring Bill Bob Thornton? I'm in! The Baytown Outlaws (apparently, they changed the title recently) should be worth watching, and I'm hoping for a few good laughs along the way.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Release Date: May 17, 2013

[YOUTUBE]diP-o_JxysA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BrHlQUXFzfw[/YOUTUBE]​

The Star Trek franchise continues with this follow-up to 2009's J.J. Abrams-directed reboot. Abrams and Bryan Burk handle producing duties on the sci-fi production, from a script by Damon Lindelof and the writing team of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.

I've never been a Star Trek enthusiast. I enjoy the films, but I don't have a passion for the franchise.

Anyway, Into The Darkness looks good so far. Chris Pine is one of the more talented young actors in Hollywood, and he'll be known for being the new Spock, but I enjoy watching Zachary Quinto on American Horror Story: Asylum.

Snitch

Release Date: February 22, 2013

[YOUTUBE]rieI5g9fgRc[/YOUTUBE]​

Dwayne Johnson stars as a father who seeks revenge after his son is convicted of a crime he did not commit in this Lionsgate release from director Ric Roman Waugh. Susan Sarandon, Barry Pepper, and Benjamin Bratt head up the rest of the starring cast.

Well, I guess if you're a fan of The Rock, you'll pay money to go out and see this, otherwise, I honestly can't think of one reason to sit down and watch this film.

An international trailer for Stoker:

[YOUTUBE]O2odd1CVyTk[/YOUTUBE]​

Oblivion

Release Date: April 26, 2013

[YOUTUBE]dQ3Mt9yiz6k[/YOUTUBE]​

From TRON LEGACY director Joseph Kosinski and critically acclaimed comic creator Arvid Nelson comes an original sci-fi adventure of epic proportions. In a future where the Earth’s surface has been irradiated beyond recognition, the remnants of humanity live above the clouds, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. But when surface drone repairman Jak discovers a mysterious woman in a crash-landed pod, it sets off an unstoppable chain of events that will force him to question everything he knows.

Tom Cruise is really hit and miss now a days. When it comes popular mainstream actors, Cruise has adopted the Will Smith inconsistency syndrome, unfortunately.

Oblivion could be a fun sci-fi/action flick, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

After Earth

Release Date: June 7, 2013

[YOUTUBE]zaN0HV_N6UA[/YOUTUBE]​

One thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.

Well, I think it's safe to say Will Smith has given up on trying to win an Oscar for the time being. Seven Pounds signifies his last shameless attempt at winning some gold.

As far as After Earth goes, I really don't have any strong positive feelings for this film right now. First of all, M. Night Shyamalan is directing this film, and his presence just scares me. Plus, Will Smith really hasn't done anything to grab my attention recently. I still enjoy I Am Legend, but it's been five years since that film.

Still, I'll give After Earth a chance. It should be worth watching, and Will Smith is the star, so you can expect some huge box office numbers for this one.

Red band featurette for This Is 40:

[YOUTUBE]QQmPbaey7ZM[/YOUTUBE]​

The Lone Ranger

Release Date: July 3, 2012

[YOUTUBE]Liic7Ieh47E[/YOUTUBE]​

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "The Lone Ranger," a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) and man of the law John Reid (Armie Hammer) are opposites brought together by fate and must join forces to battle greed and corruption.

Still not sold on this. Depp would be a better fit for The Lone Ranger, and Armie Hammer is still a questionable pick in my eyes. It'll be worth the watch, and the duo of Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp usually produce enjoyable films (with the exception of Dark Shadows), but I don't have high hopes for The Lone Ranger.

Man Of Steel

Release Date: June 14, 2013

[YOUTUBE]5xX0Hd0xKzQ[/YOUTUBE]​

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

It's hard to trust Zack Snyder after Sucker Punch, but he didn't write the screenplay for this film, so that's a good thing.

Unless I'm missing something, Man Of Steel should be the #1 most anticipated superhero film of 2013. Definitely looking forward to this, but at the same time, this trailer just feels kind of "meh," and nothing catches my attention here.

The Haunting In Connecticut 2: The Ghosts Of Georgia

Release Date: February 1, 2013 (limited theatrical/ VOD releases)

[YOUTUBE]UHUVqbSyLfA[/YOUTUBE]​

When Andy Wyrick moves his wife Lisa and daughter Heidi to an historic home in Georgia, they quickly discover they are not the house’s only inhabitants. Joined by Lisa’s free-spirited sister, Joyce, the family soon comes face-to-face with a bone-chilling mystery born of a deranged desire… a haunting secret rising from underground and threatening to bring down anyone in its path.

........Why would they make a sequel to The Haunting In Connecticut? The original was mediocre at best, and I honestly can't think of too many people, who would want to see a sequel to The Haunting In Connecticut. Maybe ten people or more, but outside of that, I can't imagine a large group of people begging for a sequel to that film.

The Ghosts Of Georgia has been on the shelf for a while, and I can see why. This is going to be another generic and forgettable horror film, and the title doesn't make any sense at all.

The Package

Release Date: February 19, 2013 (straight-to-video)

[YOUTUBE]CCx5eJ6gNoU[/YOUTUBE]​

Vengeance Delivered. Guaranteed. Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren star in the bone-crunching action flick that delivers the goods: Austin is combat veteran Tommy Wick, a nightclub bouncer and stone-cold enforcer for a Seattle mob boss. Lundgren is `The German,' an international crime lord and hardcore killing machine. But when Wick is asked to courier a mysterious package to The German, he'll suddenly find himself hunted by relentless teams of hit men, mercenaries, assassins and sadists. Time is running out. The bodies are piling up. And for two very pissed-off men with a history of bad blood, the ultimate retaliation is about to be ripped wide open.

Well, it's Dolph Lundrgen and Stone Cold in a straight-to-video action flick, so you can expect a lot of over the top fight scenes and cheesy one liners.

Another trailer for After Earth:

[YOUTUBE]CZIt20emgLY[/YOUTUBE]​

Pacific Rim

Release Date: May 10, 2013

[YOUTUBE]w6Vv2z-QiAI[/YOUTUBE]​

Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro teams up with Legendary Pictures to bring audiences a unique take on the monster film with this sci-fi production. Thor's Idris Elba stars alongside Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Charlie Day. Rob Kazinsky and Willem Dafoe round out the starring cast.

Of course, you have those people out there, who are already making Transformers and Battleship jokes, but I'm looking forward to Pacific Rim. I trust Guillermo del Toro, and I honestly can't picture him taking the Michael Bay approach. Although, I'm sensing Hellboy II and Blade II Guillermo del Toro here. I'm not trying to bash him, because I actually enjoy both films, but del Toro can do better (see Pan's Labyrinth).

Another trailer for The Last Stand:

[YOUTUBE]vasOVuE8Ws0[/YOUTUBE]​

To The Wonder

Release Date(s): February 22, 2013 (UK release date)/April 12, 2013 (US release date)

[YOUTUBE]Q08W9X647wo[/YOUTUBE]​

After visiting Mont Saint-Michel, Marina and Neil come to Oklahoma, where problems arise. Marina meets a priest and fellow exile, who is struggling with his vocation, while Neil renews his ties with a childhood friend, Jane.

I don't think anyone can deny Terrence Malick's talents behind the camera, but some his followers really annoy me. You know, the pseudo-intellectuals, who like to pull the "you just don't get it" card, if you criticize Malik's work. I enjoy some of Malick's films, but his fanbase is really annoying most of the time.

Anyway, To The Wonder looks good so far, and I like the cast. It's not the type of movie I would watch in a theater, but I'll give it a try on DVD.

New trailers for Identity Thief and Star Trek Into Darkness:

[YOUTUBE]uO12W35DpsQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4g2gRpp4poU[/YOUTUBE]​

Pain & Gain

Release Date: April 26, 2013

[YOUTUBE]SEQ8jyvmYtw[/YOUTUBE]​

From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes PAIN AND GAIN, a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong.

:lmao: "acclaimed director" Michael Bay, you can't be serious.

Pain & Gain might be okay, but this trailer doesn't do anything for me. As of right now, Pain & Gain looks like a bad spinoff of the Bad Boys films, just replace Martin Lawrence and Will Smith with a cast of steroid junkie characters. Maybe I'm being too harsh right now, but Pain & Gain won't help Bay's legacy (or lack there of).

Aftershock

[YOUTUBE]xi-ufQs3Dis[/YOUTUBE]​

In Chile, an American tourist’s vacation goes from good to great when he meets some beautiful women travellers. But when an earthquake ravages the underground nightclub they are in, a fun night quickly turns to terror. Escaping to the surface is just the beginning as they face the nightmarish chaos above ground.

No release dates of any kind yet, but Aftershock is going to be a intense and gruesome horror film. Eli Roth's name guarantees it, and I sense some similarities to the Hostel films here. I can't imagine a theatrical release for this film (wide or limited), but Aftershock could be an enjoyable late night horror film on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Red band trailer for The Heat:

[YOUTUBE]a5m7Ml76zoA[/YOUTUBE]​

The Place Beyond The Pines

Release Date: March 29 ,2013

[YOUTUBE]G07pSbHLXgg[/YOUTUBE]​

A motorcycle stunt rider considers committing a crime in order to provide for his wife and child, an act that puts him on a collision course with a cop-turned-politician.

Gosling will deliver another powerful performance, and Bradley Cooper is taking on more serious roles. Before Sliver Linings Playbook, Cooper portrayed more serious characters in The Midnight Meat Train and Limitless, and Cooper is slowly developing into one of the more talented actors in Hollywood.

The March release date for The Place Beyond The Pines is a damn shame, because I'm sure someone from this cast (probably Gosling) would receive a well-deserved Oscar nomination.

Scary Movie 5

Release Date: April 12, 2013

[YOUTUBE]dOeAvBjlNwk[/YOUTUBE]​

In the film, snooty, aloof, imperious, and oversexed French dance company director Pierre is putting on a new production. Jody (Tisdale), a Caucasian late-20s mother of two and her late-20s African American friend Kendra (Ash) are both vying for the lead in the production. Jody’s extremely controlling former dancer mother is determined that Jody will have the brilliant career that eluded her. The highly skilled mid-30s Diva veteran dancer with the company, Heather Daltry (Shannon), gets cut from the production and goes berserk.

Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Katt Williams :disappointed:

Scary Movie 4 was bad enough, and now they're making a fifth film? Seriously? Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2 were okay, but this franchise really went into the shitter after the second film. Scary Movie started out with some real potential. It could've been a fun spoof series, but Scary Movie quickly devolved into two lame comedy films with bad fart jokes, corny gags, and annoying pop culture references.

Third and final trailer for Les Misérables:

[YOUTUBE]xdpg1Yzv1YA[/YOUTUBE]​

Dead Man Down

Release Date: March 8, 2013

[YOUTUBE]XjaHN0JWjpk[/YOUTUBE]​

Following the cinematic phenomenon “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” acclaimed filmmaker Niels Arden Oplev and brooding beauty Noomi Rapace reunite for another thrilling tale of vengeance. Colin Farrell joins the prestigious team as brave enforcer Victor, right hand man to an underground crime lord in New York City. He seeks to avenge the death of his wife and daughter caused by his boss. When his employer is threatened by a mysterious killer, Victor also becomes detective. Victor is seduced and blackmailed by Beatrice (Noomi Rapace), a victim turned avenger whose intense chemistry leads them spiraling into payback delivered in violent catharsis. From producer Neal Moritz (The Fast and the Furious franchise, I Am Legend) and Joel Wyman (Fringe, Keen Eddie) comes a triumphant action thriller, a powerful portrait of the relationship between two people caught in the crosshairs of revenge.

Meh, it'll probably be a by-the-numbers thriller, but I like the cast here. I'll give Dead Man Down a chance on DVD, because I'm not going to a theater to watch this.

Phantom

Release Date: March 1, 2013

[YOUTUBE]fv0NlYLrRaM[/YOUTUBE]​

The captain of a Cold War Soviet missile submarine has secretly been suffering from seizures that alter his perception of reality. Forced to leave his wife and daughter, he is rushed into a classified mission, where he is haunted by his past and challenged by a rogue KGB group bent on seizing control of the ship's nuclear missile. With the fate of humanity in his hands, the captain discovers he has been chosen for this mission in the belief he would fail. This film is a suspense submarine thriller about extraordinary men facing impossible choices.

Great. Ed Harris and William Fitchner are in the same cast....and so is David Duchovny. Duchovny is a terrible actor, who can suck the life out of any film, and his presence will probably drag the quality of Phantom down.

Yeah, I know it looks like a generic military thriller, but Harris and Fitchner are two talented actors. Two talented actors, who can save any film (watch Fitchner's performance in Drive Angry), but overcoming Duchovny's awfulness is an impossible task for anyone.

I saw This is 40 & beforehand didnt know it was a half sequel to Knocked Up. The first part of the movie was pretty funny, then it turns into a serious look at family life. Overall good movie.

Im also looking forward to This Is The End. If you havent seen the trailer and you like Rogen, Hill & Franco its worth checking out. Should be worth a few good laughs.

I want to see Pacific Rim, but it reminds me of Evangelion a bit. Somewhat similar idea with the pilots\robots fighting invaders from another place. I think that would have been a much better movie to make and a vastly better story for a live action\CGI script.

I've been hesitant to watch This Is 40. Almost did last night, decided against it at the last second. I'm expecting another run-of-the-mill Judd Apatow romance comedy, but I'll try to watch it in the coming weeks.

Yes, I've seen the trailer for This Is The End. Good stuff, and it could be a unique apocalyptic film. Also, I'm relieved to see a more care-free James Franco now a days. He teased me with his dark and broken "I hate Spider-Man/Peter Parker!" Harry Osborne in Spider-Man 2, and his Oscar nominated role in 127 Hours. But he's taking on more lighthearted roles now.

Never heard of Evangelion. Is it another similar movie? TV series? Anime? I think Pacific Rim will live up to expectations. I'm just worried about Guillermo del Toro's approach for this film. That trailer doesn't remind me of Pan's Labyrinth del Toro. I'm sensing Hellboy del Toro, and that scares me.

MGM and Sony changed the release date for the Carrie remake starring Chole Grace Moretz and Julianne More. Originally, it was scheduled for a March release date, but it's been pushed back to October 18. I actually like the change, because Carrie is the PERFECT Halloween season film.

Vehicle 19

Release Date: May 24, 2013

[YOUTUBE]DJusN7qAlu0[/YOUTUBE]​

A foreign traveler (Walker) unknowingly picks up a rental car that will tie him to a web of corrupt local police.

Okay, so I guess Vehicle 19 is some sort of spin-off from the Fast & The Furious films? Paul Walker seems like a nice person in real life, but he isn't the type of guy, who can carry a film.

The second bloody, gruesome, and very disgusting red band trailer for the Evil Dead remake, another trailer for Die Hard 5, and another trailer for Dead Man Down:

[YOUTUBE]BHDJm1D2ELw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]i2Y2PpY6fNo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ENB-KxR3rcU[/YOUTUBE]​

Just looked at all of your posts, Mitch. Here's what I'm both looking and not looking forward to:

1) I am not looking forward to all of the sci-fi vehicles: I might take a look at Pacific Rim since I love Guillermo Del Toro but the Will Smith and Tom Cruise look like the same fucking movie. I saw the trailers for both of them at The Hobbit and they looked like they were going to suck, which is unfortunate since I'm a discreet/borderline-closet Tom Cruise fanboy.

2) I AM looking forward to the Korean invasion: Ji-woon Kim directing The Last Stand and Chan-wook Park directing Stoker? You know my ass is gonna be at both of these films on opening weekend.

3) I am not looking forward to Black Rock: Katie Aselton and Mark Duplass suck at everything in Hollywood besides their roles in The League, the funniest show on TV right now. I saw the trailer for Black Rock in some horror film that I've already forgotten (never mind, I think it was The Collection) and it looked absolutely horrible, especially when Lake Bell and Katie Aselton console each other by holding hands whilst breathing heavily at the end of the trailer.

4) I AM looking forward to The Evil Dead remake: I'm still pissed that Sam Raimi had the audacity to ask Chan-wook Park to helm this remake, but the red band trailer is fucking sweet. I'll definitely be seeing this in the theaters.

I don't trust Will Smith or Tome Cruise anymore, but if I had to pick between the two, I would go with Cruise. At least he can still star an entertaining film every now and then, but Smith has put out some real stinkers over the past few years (i.e. Seven Punds).

And yeah, Black Rock looks like a steaming pile of shit, and the trailer basically showing the entire movie from beginning to end doesn't help anything.

I LOVE the Evil Dead red band trailers, but I'm starting to sense the possibility of an NC-17 rating. If that happens, you can expect a watered-down R-rated Evil Dead remake, and you'll probably have to wait for the good stuff on the unrated DVD or Blu-Ray.

New red band trailer for Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters:

[YOUTUBE]pay8UMkE1mI[/YOUTUBE]​

Resolution

Release Date (s): January 23, 2013 (VOD)/ January 25, 2013 (limited theatrical)

[YOUTUBE]O9Em0uf1Ktg[/YOUTUBE]​

Michael (Peter Cilella) is committed to getting his best friend Chris (Vinny Curran) to sober up and get his life back on track. But what begins as an attempt to save his friend’s life quickly takes an unexpected turn as the two friends confront personal demons, the consequences of past actions, and forces beyond their control. Expertly balancing dark humor with genuine thrills and unexpected pathos, Resolution is an utterly unique cinematic experience that defies genre classification.

Eh, I guess this could be okay. The trailer is kind of dull, but Resolution could be worth watching on home video.

Girls Against Boys

Release Date: February 1, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]ZRforhAoA3Y[/YOUTUBE]​

When Shae (Danielle Panabaker), a naïve college student, is tormented by several men in a matter of days, she reaches her breaking point, and is drawn into coworker Lu’s (Nicole LaLiberte) twisted plan for revenge. Together, the two embark on a gruesome killing spree, terrorizing and brutally murdering not just their attackers, but any man who gets in their way. However, after a wild weekend of retaliation, the friendship between the girls shifts into a dangerous obsession, and their perverse game becomes a desperate struggle for Shae to maintain control against Lu’s deadly and seductive influence.

I like Danielle Panabaker. She's a promising young actress, and Girls Against Boys should be a nasty and bloody revenge flick.

The Last Exorcism Part II

[YOUTUBE]0h8eyHaoNMA[/YOUTUBE]​

Nell Sweetzer (Ashley Bell) is found alone and terrified in the woods. Back in the relative safety of civilization, Nell realizes that she can’t remember entire portions of the previous months only that she is the last surviving member of her family. Just as Nell begins the difficult process of starting a new life, the evil force that once possessed her is back with other, unimaginably horrific plans that mean herlast exorcism was just the beginning.

I enjoyed The Last Exorcism, but a sequel? Seriously? The first film was average at best, and they lucked out at the box office. This trailer is okay, but besides the tired and overused back-breaking convulsing trick, nothing really grabs my attention. I don't expect anything good from Part II, and they might squeeze this very shallow storyline for another two or three films.

The red band trailer for The Last Stand:

[YOUTUBE]k1wCAsZ9Jb0[/YOUTUBE]​

Trance

Release Date(S): March 27, 2013 (UK release date)/ March 31, 2013 (US release date)

[YOUTUBE]rvTW1JecmZo#![/YOUTUBE]​

Danny Boyle is back and mixing up his filmography once again, this time with a remake of 2001 British TV heist film titled TRANCE. Fine art auctioneer Simon (McAvoy), in league with a gang led by underworld boss Franck (Cassel), plots the audacious theft of a masterpiece by Goya from a major public auction. When Simon double-crosses the gang during the robbery, Franck retaliates violently and knocks him unconscious. In the aftermath of the heist, Simon sticks stubbornly – and perhaps shrewdly – to his claim that the violent trauma has left him with no memory of where he stashed the artwork. Unable to coerce the painting’s location from Simon, Franck and his associates reluctantly join forces with a charismatic hypnotherapist (Dawson) in a bid to get him to talk. But as they journey deeper into Simon’s jumbled psyche the boundaries between reality and hypnotic suggestion begin to blur and the stakes rise faster and far more dangerously than any of the players could have anticipated.

McAvoy earned a spot on my list of favorites after X-Men: First Class. Trance should be a trippy physiological thriller, and the trailer looks good.

New trailer for 42:

[YOUTUBE]I9RHqdZDCF0[/YOUTUBE]​

The Call

Release Date: March 13, 2013 (limited)

[YOUTUBE]woq0YmRniSA[/YOUTUBE]​

In order to save a young girl's life, an emergency operator must confront a killer from her past.

Great. Another trailer gives away 90% of the movie, and they actually expect people to watch this shit. Halle Berry hasn't done anything worth remembering since her overrated performance in Monster's Ball, and The Call will just be another generic thriller with straight-to-video quality.

21 & Over

[YOUTUBE]WXNUcmmz5Vo[/YOUTUBE]​

The night before his big medical school exam, a promising student celebrates his 21st birthday with his two best friends.

What the fuck is this supposed to be? Project X Part 2?

The Tower

[YOUTUBE]_RjfTqeut1I[/YOUTUBE]​

A Christmas Eve party at a luxury residential building takes a horrific turn when a fire breaks out.

No theatrical release dates, but The Tower should hit Blu-Ray and DVD sometime this year.

Spring Breakers

Release Date: March 29, 2013

[YOUTUBE]MK8vJZhjYrM[/YOUTUBE]​

Four college girls who land in jail after robbing a restaurant in order to fund their spring break vacation find themselves bailed out by a drug and arms dealer who wants them to do some dirty work.

:disappointed:

Why James Franco? WHY?

This looks like trash. Not fun trash, just trash. A group of women running around in bikinis and reeking havoc during spring break sounds like a fun idea, but this trailer is just horrible.

Second trailer for The Iceman:

[YOUTUBE]CJIXOx2-GZ8[/YOUTUBE]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back