CM Punk to SmackDown!

La Mascara

Dark Match Winner
With the draft coming up soon, HHH most likely moving to RAW, there will little chance for the upper midcarders to finally become maineventers because HHH will bury them.

I started thinking about CM Punk. He became champ, when HHH was no longer present. He had a decent title run. I think CM Punk is ready to become a legit main eventer, but it won't happen on Raw.

Putting CM Punk on SmackDown! there will be lots of feuds and possibilities for him. He can feud with Edge, because Punk took the title away from him. The matches would be amazing.

He can feud with Hardy. I can see him turn heel for this feud. How he is straightedge and hardy is a junky.

Punk vs. MVP would be good too, once MVP becomes a Main Eventer. there are so many opportunities for CM Punk on SmackDown!

What do the rest of you think?

Holla :one_samuria:

When I read this I almost wanted to come in here with a rant about it. The more I think about it though the more it could work. Punk has an army of guys to feud with on Smackdown. However it's far more difficult to break into the main event over there with the big three over there. HHH going to Raw would help but you can only assume Cena would be sent in his place. It certainly could work, but he's going pretty well on Raw. Either could work though. Definitely worth looking at though.

You have to remember, after the draft Hardy, Edge and or MVP might be gone from Smack Down. Still, Id like to see him himover there, maybe even to get the IC belt onto SD to switch it up a bit.

I think he may, i'd prefer to see MVP and Shelton Benjamin on ECW, so he may fit in there, but i do prefer him on RAW, if anyone needs to leave RAW, it is Rey Mysterio, i still feel he doesnt fitin around there

While there's a number of potential feuds awaiting him on Smackdown, I'd personally like to see him stay on RAW. He's doing well as a low main event / upper midcard champ, and can only go up.

It could work for WWE though, if he goes to Smackdown. His straightedge lifestyle is kid-friendly, and he would definitely help the ratings, if only a little bit. I'd watch almost any feud he had over there, and think he'd make a good US Champ.

For now, he needs to stay on RAW. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think that he is just fine on RAW, but if WWE did draft him to SD! , it would only mean big things for Punk. With Triple H likely to be gone, it could mean better things for him, championship-wise. Even if Cena got drafted to SD!, it could still be easier to get in the main event as opposed to if HHH is around. So, SD! has a lot of potential fueds waiting for him, but for now... I think he should stay on RAW.

Whilst Punk to SD! may seem like a good idea in principle, I think the IC win on Raw has given him a second wind. He's being built up on Raw and is actually looking pretty good, I can see Punk being IC champ for a while, yet I can't seethe IC belt going to SD!

You have to realise that whilst him to SD may give him some new feuds, him staying on Raw with some SD/ECW stars coming to Raw will also give him some fresh new feuds.

It could very well happen, there's a lot of guys on SD he hasn't faced.
But I think the people the he faces in the midcard on Raw just work better with him...
I know it sounds strange, but I think Punk works better with older guys like Jericho and Regal. SD is full of younger guys. But we'll see I suppose.
This means he'll have to drop the IC title fairly soon though, make Punk's reign another meaningless one... Unless they bring the IC title to SD and US title to Raw or something...

I can see the next draft mixing up the midcard substantially. Kendrick, MVP, Benjamin and R-Truth are pretty much alone in competing in US Title level matches, although Chavo sometimes joins them.

The chances are that they will mix this up a bit, and I think it is more than possible for the titles to switch brands, with CM Punk taking the IC title to Smackdown.

Punk would serve a similar purpose on Smackdown as he does on Raw: being top of the midcard and bottom of the uppercard. If HHH does move across to Raw, this move will be more than positive for him, because instead of being alongside long established main eventers as he is on Raw, with HBK, Cena, Batista etc., he'd be alongside Kozlov, Jeff and Edge in competing for the title, whichever title it is by that stage.

CM Punk probably should have stayed on ECW, and I wouldn't be surprised i he found himself back there if Christian is drafted away, being in a similar position in the company.

I don't think they would send him to ECW again now that he's being built up to the main event. I think it would be good for him.

I'd be really keen to see him fued in the ME scene on Smackdown with Jeff, Edge and maybe Christian if he goes over there. I dunno, I think either way for him is good though. If he stays on Raw he can keep the IC title for a while and keep building, or he could go to Smackdown, lost the title and break into the ME scene for another crack, and if he is in the ME scene on Smackdown it wouldnt be as hard for him as it was on Raw with the likes of Batista, HBK, JBL, Cena, HHH and Orton. On Smackdown you've got younger less experienced ME's so it would be a bit easier for him to fit in...

Not sure, he has a great future ahead though either way.

I am fine with Punk staying on Raw. I think guys like him help bring credibility to the Intercontinental Title ... which is something I am heavily in favor of them re-establishing ... since they made it out to be a joke these past several years.

I can look at this in two different ways. First, I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of CM Punk every time I see one of his matches. With that said, I would be happy wherever he ends up, as he puts on good matches and, when booked properly, has great feuds. I like the potential feuds Punk could have with the midcard and some main eventers on SmackDown.

On the other hand, we have all watched the demise of the Intercontinental title. If Punk still has the belt when the draft rolls around he will stay on Raw and defend the title. Face or heel (that's a debate for another thread) there is an abundance of midcarders on Raw and ECW for him to have battles for the belt over. Off the top of my head I can think of Knox, Ziggler, Bourne, Kingston, Regal, and even Rey Mysterio if he drops that far. The midcard titles need to be a priority before they mean nothing, and a long run with good feuds can bring the Intercontinental title to prominence again. I believe CM Punk is the man to do that.

Punk could easily have a good run on SD!. If he did go, he would need to lose the IC title straight away so he could quickly get back into the Main Event fold. SD! needs a bit more top talent and drawing power, and Punk has just that. RAW could also do with a bit of a change.

But please GOD, let no good superstars go to ECW. If I see anyone more over than Jamie Noble on that brand post-Wrestlemania, I will gladly remove my right arm and slap myself in the face with it, before feeding it to ravenous tigers.

But please GOD, let no good superstars go to ECW. If I see anyone more over than Jamie Noble on that brand post-Wrestlemania, I will gladly remove my right arm and slap myself in the face with it, before feeding it to ravenous tigers.

Seconded, although i'd also slap Vince's balls.

Punk would have alot of opportunities there and would probably find it easier to get into the ME scene there. ECW is right with Swagger, no big BIG names please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back