CM Punk Gets Slaughtered At UFC 203

As someone who's been destroyed in a fight before, I know that there will probably be a lot of demoralizing self-reflection on Punk's part. I hope he takes Joe Rogan's advice and competes at a more amateur level, where if he does lose he'll likely get a few rounds of experience.

Here's Punk's post fight press conference:

[youtube]6Kd-aMBDyGk[/youtube]

Like Mickey Gall said: Fuck the haters.

He is liable to fare far worse in the Amateur level. Unlike UFC, the Amateurs are still a bit of the Wild West. Punk might get a fight with someone the size of Brock Lesnar because of loose regulatory controls. Now that New York legalized MMA, the Amateur ranks will shrink even more. Look, Punk needs to get his head out of his ass, and go on to his comic book gig.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my dislike of Punk is something that's grown over the past few years. As a wrestler, I like the CM Punk persona, I'm just not all that wild about Phil Brooks. During all the initial hoopla of his leaving WWE, I waited for quite a while to get a handle on which side was more in the right or wrong in terms of Punk's accusations towards WWE. As time went on, Punk's sympathy started to fade due to some comments. If Punk was unhappy, then he was right to leave and I agree, he didn't owe fans anything. The problem was that Punk started making all kinds of accusations and made comments that he couldn't prove and/or made him look like a total hypocrite.

For instance, during his shoot interview with Colt Cabana, he went on about how he had a staph infection on his lower back at waist level that WWE medical missed and stated that by the time the Royal Rumble came around, it'd swollen to the size of a baseball. The only problem was that if Punk had an infection, it wasn't remotely what he claimed it was because WWE put out video of the Royal Rumble showing close ups of Punk's ass & lower back; given that spandex tights are made to fit tight, you would've been able to see a baseball sized lump in the area, but you didn't because it wasn't there. Punk went off on WWE's medical staff and it's why both he & Colt Cabana are being sued by the doctor Punk specifically pointed out, Chris Amann, for defamation. If reports are true, Punk has now severed ties with Colt Cabana because Cabana was recently backstage at a WWE event recently; I don't remember reading why he was there, only that he was there, word got back to him and, reportedly, Punk has ended his friendship with Cabana.

As someone else mentioned, another thing that made me not so sympathetic to Punk was his constant bitching about part timers in WWE using the power of their name to wind up in top level positions on the card. He did the exact same thing when it came to signing with UFC; he used the fact that he had a recognizable name and generated a lot of buzz to be signed to the biggest MMA promotion in the world despite a complete lack of MMA training, experience or fights when there are MMA fighters who try and fail for years to even get UFC to pay attention to them.

Looking back over the whole business with Punk and WWE, his words and actions have given me the perspective that Punk's bitching was ultimately about the same thing others have bitched about over the years: he didn't really give a damn about the boys in the locker room and the only "change" that he wanted was that he was THE top guy in the company. Reportedly, despite being ceaselessly confrontational and difficult, he simply thought WWE should give him exactly what he wanted in exactly the way he wanted it. He stated during the shoot interviews that he wanted the "John Cena push"; that's all well & good but, unlike Cena, Punk never showed any real loyalty to WWE, didn't have Cena's work ethic, constantly complained about everything that was going on as though nothing really made him happy, he was endlessly confrontational towards just about anyone, etc. so it's little wonder why Punk never got the Cena level push that he wanted.

Some do hate on the guy for leaving WWE, or pro wrestling as a whole, just like some still hate on the Rock for going to Hollywood. As I said, I liked Punk as a pro wrestler, but Phil Brooks is a douche bag with a big mouth who doesn't know when to shut up for his own good.

In fairness to Punk's comments on part timers, he said in that podcast that his problem was the part timers constantly being put over by the current guys on the roster and making them look weak. He said he didn't have a problem with those guys doing what they were doing and actually wanted to be one of them, or at least on their pay tier. He never had a problem with them being on the card. Just them taking up the actual main event AND them being put over when they should be laying down for the young guys to get them over. So....Punk's not a hypocrite in those regards if you boil it down.

You can't book MMA. Yeah, he took a ppv slot. But he also drew money. And he got his ass kicked by a young guy who is now much more famous for being the guy that kicked CM Punk's ass.

I can't defend him on Cabana. Not enough info there. I don't think he's lying about the staff infection or anything. He did look unwell when he left. But baseball is a pretty loose term and it's just something he felt. It's not like he saw the damn thing, and plenty of it was under the skin. So exaggerated, sure. But if he was sick, he was sick. And I don't think he's just lying about it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my dislike of Punk is something that's grown over the past few years. As a wrestler, I like the CM Punk persona, I'm just not all that wild about Phil Brooks. During all the initial hoopla of his leaving WWE, I waited for quite a while to get a handle on which side was more in the right or wrong in terms of Punk's accusations towards WWE. As time went on, Punk's sympathy started to fade due to some comments. If Punk was unhappy, then he was right to leave and I agree, he didn't owe fans anything. The problem was that Punk started making all kinds of accusations and made comments that he couldn't prove and/or made him look like a total hypocrite.

For instance, during his shoot interview with Colt Cabana, he went on about how he had a staph infection on his lower back at waist level that WWE medical missed and stated that by the time the Royal Rumble came around, it'd swollen to the size of a baseball. The only problem was that if Punk had an infection, it wasn't remotely what he claimed it was because WWE put out video of the Royal Rumble showing close ups of Punk's ass & lower back; given that spandex tights are made to fit tight, you would've been able to see a baseball sized lump in the area, but you didn't because it wasn't there. Punk went off on WWE's medical staff and it's why both he & Colt Cabana are being sued by the doctor Punk specifically pointed out, Chris Amann, for defamation. If reports are true, Punk has now severed ties with Colt Cabana because Cabana was recently backstage at a WWE event recently; I don't remember reading why he was there, only that he was there, word got back to him and, reportedly, Punk has ended his friendship with Cabana.

As someone else mentioned, another thing that made me not so sympathetic to Punk was his constant bitching about part timers in WWE using the power of their name to wind up in top level positions on the card. He did the exact same thing when it came to signing with UFC; he used the fact that he had a recognizable name and generated a lot of buzz to be signed to the biggest MMA promotion in the world despite a complete lack of MMA training, experience or fights when there are MMA fighters who try and fail for years to even get UFC to pay attention to them.

Looking back over the whole business with Punk and WWE, his words and actions have given me the perspective that Punk's bitching was ultimately about the same thing others have bitched about over the years: he didn't really give a damn about the boys in the locker room and the only "change" that he wanted was that he was THE top guy in the company. Reportedly, despite being ceaselessly confrontational and difficult, he simply thought WWE should give him exactly what he wanted in exactly the way he wanted it. He stated during the shoot interviews that he wanted the "John Cena push"; that's all well & good but, unlike Cena, Punk never showed any real loyalty to WWE, didn't have Cena's work ethic, constantly complained about everything that was going on as though nothing really made him happy, he was endlessly confrontational towards just about anyone, etc. so it's little wonder why Punk never got the Cena level push that he wanted.

Some do hate on the guy for leaving WWE, or pro wrestling as a whole, just like some still hate on the Rock for going to Hollywood. As I said, I liked Punk as a pro wrestler, but Phil Brooks is a douche bag with a big mouth who doesn't know when to shut up for his own good.

:lol: Now we getting somewhere. I respect that you explained why you don't like punk unlike most on this site.
But most of what you said is inaccurate.
Well I agree what you said that punk doesnt owe anyone anything.
He did have a staph infection, he showed his scar on an interview on youtube. All you have to do is search for it.
These accussations are true. Why would he make it up. He knows wwe is a juggernaut of a company like the NFL. He isn't stupid.
Only reason wwe is responding now is because they are trying to bankroll him. Or make him spend money on court fees, which is terrible legal but crazy smart. I doubt this case makes it too trial. Punk has all the evidences toward wwe. WWE is just bitter and pity that punk beat them at their own game.
I have no idea why colt was at raw. That was weird to me . But I had to agree with punk on that. Why the hell would you be on raw and ur best friend is in matter of a lawsuit. THats dum. I dont blame him there.

And the comment you made about punk being a hypocrite. I really dont see it.
Dana white offerred him a contract. What idiot would say no.
Punk took the oppourunity and took ball with it.
Doesn't make him a hypocrite. Makes him smart. He worked hard to make himself famous. He paid his dues.
They did the same thing with lesnar. Offered him a contract and he took it. And lesnar had no fight experience just wrestling.
Lesnar to this day, still sucks as a fighter. steroid man.
Dana is a business man. He know that the next ppv wont sell. So he added punk. Pretty simple business

Let me see. Your other point about him not working harder than cena. I call BS.
Punk has stated many times, he nearly killed himself working for the wwe while injured.
He did just as much, if not more than cena.
I applaud cena work ethnic but cm punk worked harder than cena. If not be equal to cena.
Only reason people say cena works harder bc everyone says the same shit about cena. He work ethic is public.
While everyone elses isn't.
Especially what punk said about make a wish foundation. He did more wishes than cena. but no one notice bc cena is the poster boy.
Phil brooks is a guy that keeps it real no matter what. He even admits he is a dick. Now I can see why bc fans like you and everyone else that hate on him for no reason.
And what he has been through, throughout his childhood. I will be the same way.

So yea I disagree with you.
Only part I agree with is that Punk owe us nothing.

Cm punk is gonna win the lawsuit against wwe.
Unless wwe pays some people off.

There's a lot of people assuming he won't be allowed to fight again, that's incorrect. Ultimately it's a licensed activity...now whether Dana White chooses to allow him in a UFC branded Octagon again is another matter. At this stage, after the delays it'd be more likely Punk would be on the Fight Night shows, not the UFC main ones.

Has UFC taken a hit financially, probably not - this was a "dead" PPV in many ways with Overeem not really being marketable, so Punk's curiosity value was mainly responsible for any success that show had. He sold one fight, lost it... it could end there.

Personally I don't think it will. Brock lost his first one and now with the loss behind him, the worst is over for Punk. People will doubt him more and that is potential fuel for training. I think he's gonna do one more at least...and here's where it gets interesting.

With Connor on the outs at UFC, it could be a fight they put together in the hopes Punk can upset Connor and devalue him as he leaves. After all his WWE talk if somehow (and it'd be a VERY long shot) Punk could upset him or even take him close then it makes Connor look a bit of an ass.

Would Punk go for that? debateable, but he knows damn well if it happens that Vince would want a rematch on his show...and that could be his only way back into WWE at this point, if the match is bigger than the issues they currently have.

He didn't tarnish anything... WWE already did that in their behaviour, now he's a guy who is kind of stuck in limbo... can't really wrestle, can't really do UFC without looking weak... Best thing that could happen to him right now is that recast of Wolverine lol
Conner would KO Punk in less than 20 seconds! That guy is one if the best in the business. Punk just got destroyed by Gall who nobody takes seriously and isn't even that good. That idea is absolutely insane!

Regardless our opinion of CM Punk, he is the worst fighter in UFC history. 0 stikres, 0 kicks, 0 submission attempts, 0 take downs, and 1 grapple. Thank god we didn't hear "Best In the World" or "It's Clobbering Time!"

if Punk is the best boxer in the world who's still in his prime. I was afraid this was going to happen Best of luck to Punk in the future

IDK why people keep saying Brock had no experience when he went to UFC and lost. He started in the lower tiers just like Lashley & Batista. He beat a silver medalist in Judo and wasn't afraid of being announced as a 3 time former WWE champion, lol:

[YOUTUBE]3wvd3LkY6eU[/YOUTUBE]

It sucks that CM Punk couldn't get any offence in. I wasn't surprised by the outcome, because like everyone said, 2 years of training and no MMA experience and only a white belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is not enough to beat anyone on the UFC level. I respect him for stepping into the octagon, but that's about it. I think it'd be better for him to fight some more in a different MMA organization since he wanted to do it on the lowest level. It would be good experience. I don't see him fighting again in the UFC or even returning. I don't see him returning to the WWE or going back to wrestling as a wrestler, but who knows? Maybe he can be a commentator for a wrestling promotion. His mic skills can certainly help him with that. I'd much rather prefer him just writing comic books and perhaps hosting some events that aren't fighting/wrestling related.

I respect the hell out of Punk for giving it a shot. Regardless of how people feel about him or how he was put into this position, it still takes balls to attempt something like this when everything was working against him. I believed him when he said it was the second best night of his life, as anyone who's followed his documentary or interviews can see that he was very excited and passionate about stepping into the octagon. You'd have to be given how, again, he came in bearing nearly disadvantage you could think of.

Despite receiving a world-class beat down, Punk still competed in a UFC bout. He accomplished his goal and he'll forever be able to say that he did that, despite the outcome. I enjoy seeing people succeed at realizing their dreams no matter how grandiose, especially when so many people want to see them fail. Punk won in the grand scheme of things - beating Mickey Gall would have just been a bonus.

As for Punk returning to wrestling, any company would sign him in a heartbeat including WWE. Who cares if he got destroyed in a real fight? Most wrestling fans wouldn't, and he's still a huge name with a huge following. In fact, Punk is an even bigger mainstream attraction now than before he left WWE, so Vince or any other promoter would have to literally hate money to not scoop him up should he wish to step back into a wrestling ring.

:lol: Now we getting somewhere. I respect that you explained why you don't like punk unlike most on this site.
But most of what you said is inaccurate.
Well I agree what you said that punk doesnt owe anyone anything.
He did have a staph infection, he showed his scar on an interview on youtube. All you have to do is search for it.

The thing is he blames WWE doctor's for not diagnosing it. Doctors are not perfect. They will get things wrong. It happens. It sucks but it happens. Does not mean they are a bad doctor.

I had 2 great doctors miss an injury I had for 2 years. A third doctor diagnosed it and fixed it. I'm not mad at the previous 2. I don't think they suck. They simply missed it because not everything is black and white.

These accussations are true. Why would he make it up. He knows wwe is a juggernaut of a company like the NFL. He isn't stupid.
Only reason wwe is responding now is because they are trying to bankroll him. Or make him spend money on court fees, which is terrible legal but crazy smart. I doubt this case makes it too trial. Punk has all the evidences toward wwe.

He claimed a doctor was so incompetent that he nearly died. There are two sides to every story.

WWE is just bitter and pity that punk beat them at their own game.
I have no idea why colt was at raw. That was weird to me . But I had to agree with punk on that. Why the hell would you be on raw and ur best friend is in matter of a lawsuit. THats dum. I dont blame him there.

What game? Colt being at Raw was incredibly dumb.

And the comment you made about punk being a hypocrite. I really dont see it.
Dana white offerred him a contract. What idiot would say no.
Punk took the oppourunity and took ball with it.
Doesn't make him a hypocrite. Makes him smart. He worked hard to make himself famous. He paid his dues.

He was given an opportunity he did not deserve and took it. Made a lot of money (this is the important part). In his shoes, I would do the same thing. Does not mean I agree with it. It would be stupid for him to say no. Punk is a hypocrite in that part timers help sell PPVs. They don't deserve the spot anymore but it helps make more money for everyone. Same thing here. It does take a spot away from someone who does deserve it however. He is doing the exact same thing he complained about.

What dues did Punk pay?

They did the same thing with lesnar. Offered him a contract and he took it. And lesnar had no fight experience just wrestling.
Lesnar to this day, still sucks as a fighter. steroid man.
Dana is a business man. He know that the next ppv wont sell. So he added punk. Pretty simple business

Lesnar did have fight experience. Lesnar also had an amateur background. Punk had nothing. Lesnar is different from an average person. Sure he did steroids but before that it made sense he was given a shot. I agree, this was purely a business move. A smart one.

Let me see. Your other point about him not working harder than cena. I call BS.
Punk has stated many times, he nearly killed himself working for the wwe while injured.
He did just as much, if not more than cena.
I applaud cena work ethnic but cm punk worked harder than cena. If not be equal to cena.
Only reason people say cena works harder bc everyone says the same shit about cena. He work ethic is public.

They both are probably equal in terms of work ethic. Though Cena has him beat on public appearances and promoting the WWE brand. Nearly every wrestler has probably come close to killing themselves so it isn't unique to Punk.

While everyone elses isn't.
Especially what punk said about make a wish foundation. He did more wishes than cena. but no one notice bc cena is the poster boy.

Cena has the most wishes granted. They (WWE and Make-A-Wish) have stated this. So no idea what makes you think Punk has more. Doesn't make Cena a better person than Punk. Both are respectable for their involvement in the program.

Phil brooks is a guy that keeps it real no matter what. He even admits he is a dick. Now I can see why bc fans like you and everyone else that hate on him for no reason.

I also agree that it is great when a guy admits he is a dick. I really respect people who are not only assholes, but also state they are assholes. There is a way to be honest and not a dick.

And what he has been through, throughout his childhood. I will be the same way.

Which is?

So yea I disagree with you.
Only part I agree with is that Punk owe us nothing.

Duh.

Cm punk is gonna win the lawsuit against wwe.
Unless wwe pays some people off.

Good lord.

Oh and what does this have to do with him in the UFC?

I don't even know that much about MMA and I just felt Punk was going to lose. I just hoped he lasted a decent amount of time.

Onto what he does now. Well he'll either continue the MMA gig, go back to wrestling or do something else. I mean he's a name/brand. Sure he's not in the same league as The Rock or John Cena but if Batista can have a decentish acting career there's nothing stopping Punk. I'm sure he'll be fine.

I don't know. Some of you guys comments really surprise me. I went into watching this fight having no expectations. MMA is a totally different animal than pro wrestling. You don't have time to think first when your in that octagon because your first thought could be your last move (as we all witnessed Saturday night). Punk at this point is just looking for any outlet that will help him transition beyond Wrestling. Now that he's got a good (yet painful) taste of the octagon, he'll make the necessary adjustments and move on to his next fight (if there is a next fight).

To put it in perspective... he could not beat many guys in your local or regional MMA gyms or amateur organizations who train only part time... he is a white belt in BJJ. Gall was a Brown Belt who teaches at a Gracie school. Brown Belt takes about 8 years to obtain if you are training multiple times a week at the least... you do not advance past white belt until about 3 years of training. Go roll at your local MMA school with a guy who has a brown belt.. it's like drowning. I don't think it was really ethical for UFC to put him in the situation. That is not even considering the massive bombs he was taking to the head and ear or punching. He did not even compete in local BJJ tournaments. There is a reason those guys have cauliflower ears. He also had no amateur wrestling background. Was difficult to watch. I also think Mickey had mercy on him, he could have severely injured or killed the man and choked him instead.

This is like playing a couple years of football at age 36, and then being thrown into an NFL game. Gall has not even fought good fighters.

To put it in perspective... he could not beat many guys in your local or regional MMA gyms or amateur organizations who train only part time... he is a white belt in BJJ. Gall was a Brown Belt who teaches at a Gracie school. Brown Belt takes about 8 years to obtain if you are training multiple times a week at the least... you do not advance past white belt until about 3 years of training. Go roll at your local MMA school with a guy who has a brown belt.. it's like drowning. I don't think it was really ethical for UFC to put him in the situation. That is not even considering the massive bombs he was taking to the head and ear or punching. He did not even compete in local BJJ tournaments. There is a reason those guys have cauliflower ears. He also had no amateur wrestling background. Was difficult to watch. I also think Mickey had mercy on him, he could have severely injured or killed the man and choked him instead.

Ethics had nothing to do with this fight. Dana White is a businessman and wanted more eyes on the product. He got his money but the decision to put a celebrity in the octagon is "WWE-like" (i.e. the Floyd-Big Show match), and quite frankly will ruin the legitimacy of the sport if they're not too careful.

The irony is CM Punk was a UFC mark... who grew to hate wrestling marks. Strange if you think about it.

Imagine even training wrestling for two years and appearing on the semi main event of a WWE pay-per-view... wrestling fans would shit all over it. This is a real, dangerous animal. Anyone who spends a week in a Gracie BJJ class knows that a brown belt is next to a black belt... Which is a decade or more process of constant work. There is a reason in grappling tournaments white belts have matches with other white belts. You will get choked and potentially hurt even with them playing around with you. This was just insane on a number of levels looking back.

What he did was text book Jiu Jitsu... passing guards... taking his back, eventually flattening him... heavy punches (which you can't do in grappling tournaments... then mercifully ending him with a rear naked choke. People who are bringing up Brock Lesnar - first he actually debuted in Dream MMA. Second - he was put up against Frank Mir - one of the most decorated combat sports athletes in the past couple decades who got lucky by taking a heelhook when Lesnar exposed himself as a rookie mistake... then went onto brutalize him in their rematch. Mickey Gall would not be in the UFC if he hadn't called out Punk. He has only fought 0-0 or 0-1 fighters to date and is very young.

I had my doubts it would happen seeing as Punk comes across to me as a little whiny entitled b****, I wasn't surprised he lost but I'm a little surprised he lost with no actual offense, I was never a fan of Punk and one of the few wrestlers in WWE I just skipped over most of his matches or interviews whilst in the WWE as I found him boring anyway but since hearing his tantrum on Colts podcast about because he wasn't headlining Wrestlemania which is reason he went home the guy just sounds to me like a spoilt 3 year old child ad hope he comes nowhere near wrestling or WWE again.

Punk should've done some fights outside UFC, even Lesnar did.

It take balls to step into the octagon knowing you will get beaten (i truly believe that punk knew all the time he was going to lose).

That being said, unlike Lesnar (who was the last heavyweight to successfully defend the title until LAST NIGHT....thats 6 years) Punk doesnt have what it takes to be a professional MMA fighter im afraid. He is old, he is not physically gifted like Lesnar (yes, he did test positive last fight, but his 3 years in UFC prior he was clean AND had devirticulitis), He doesnt have a real wrestling or martial art background....he is just a regular guy, great pro wrestler...thats his place and what he is good at.

As a CM Punk advocate - not a massive fan - very interested in him going into this... as Joe Rogan said, this was delusional seems kind of wrong looking back and could have resulted permanent injury. I also think Dana was a little surprised it went THAT quickly after pouring that much time and money into promoting it. It wasn't even just how fast it went - it was how his two years of training clearly didn't translate against a guy who would still be fighting in small regional leagues with very little experience. He seemed disappointed it and is surely cutting Punk. Whether Punk enters the dangerous world of amateur MMA - we shall see.

Punk should've done some fights outside UFC, even Lesnar did.

It take balls to step into the octagon knowing you will get beaten (i truly believe that punk knew all the time he was going to lose).

That being said, unlike Lesnar (who was the last heavyweight to successfully defend the title until LAST NIGHT....thats 6 years) Punk doesnt have what it takes to be a professional MMA fighter im afraid. He is old, he is not physically gifted like Lesnar (yes, he did test positive last fight, but his 3 years in UFC prior he was clean AND had devirticulitis), He doesnt have a real wrestling or martial art background....he is just a regular guy, great pro wrestler...thats his place and what he is good at.

Almost all of the top heavy weights have tested positive for steroids at some point or used them before USADA got heavy on drug testing... early UFC and Pride actually encouraged it and had no weight classes to speak of. There is a reason the wrestlers aren't all super jacked now and the heavyweight MMA guys don't look chiseled out of granite and instead have somewhat of bellies past 240+ pounds. Hell, Bones Jones (arguably the best fighter in the world) tested for the same shit after and Brock took the fight on short notice against a very, very dangerous top 10 UFC Heavyweight in Mark Hunt. Punk and Brock should not be compared.

Almost all of the top heavy weights have tested positive for steroids at some point or used them before USADA got heavy on drug testing... early UFC and Pride actually encouraged it and had no weight classes to speak of. There is a reason the wrestlers aren't all super jacked now and the heavyweight MMA guys don't look chiseled out of granite and instead have somewhat of bellies past 240+ pounds. Hell, Bones Jones (arguably the best fighter in the world) tested for the same shit after and Brock took the fight on short notice against a very, very dangerous top 10 UFC Heavyweight in Mark Hunt. Punk and Brock should not be compared.

Well more or less its what i said, hell even Overeem tested positive in the match he beat Lesnar, and look overeem now. But at the time lesnar was in ufc as a regular, he didnt test positive, you can even see his physic was way more lean than its now or when he was in his first wwe run.

Lot of big names has tested positive, and you named one thats above everybody else, Jon Jones, does anyone think that Jones need something to be the best? not really...

I didnt compare Punk with Lesnar, hell i wont even compare punk with Lashley. Punk has no background to use as a fundation, he is just a great pro wrestler. Lesnar, Lashley, Nakamura, even Alberto Del Rio had a background and some wins under their belts, because they trained in their early years.

You cant become a professional fighter at the age of 37, you just cant.

Yeah it makes you wonder - was he just a UFC mark? Sure it was a big pay day but if he wanted to take fighting seriously... who would enter the octagon that quickly (which wound up being delayed constantly) instead of trying some local promotions or grappling tournaments against similar guys? After the fight he was also talking about thinking he would win - is this delusion, insanity, ego? It was a mauling. The same fight could have been carried out a year ago when he was a hotter draw and a little younger with likely the same or possibly better results. His entire two years of training went out the door and devolved to a guy with 6 months at a local MMA gym in seconds. I am not being mean but I have seen naturally strong guys hold onto brown belts for two minutes or so as white belts. Punk was the anti-WWE star - no body or athletic experience - just all a very strange ordeal.

Should have just struck while the iron was hot if they were going to throw him to the wolves. Not have him lose 50 pounds and endure 2 years of getting beat up and smothered in class. The MMA and curious viewers are both thinking... this guy doesn't look like a WWE star, he looks skinny. He was 170 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back