CM Punk All In

Discussion in 'General Wrestling Discussion' started by Pay Per Ghost, May 17, 2018.

1. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

The indie scene is abuzz with the news that Cody & Co. have sold out their day care project called All In.

Now what this means in general is not only how healthy the independent wrestling scene has become but also the fact that, Cody is a draw...? Or supporting him and the Bucks is a cool thing to do...anyway, some big names are being touted to appear and one interesting personality rumored, is Señor Punk.

Fresh off his UFC loss, how do you think he will fare?

What will he bring to the table?

Does he still have box office value?

Who will his opponent be?

Is Pineapple really a pizza topping?

2. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

First of all, he's only there for a signing at this point and depending on the outcome of his next fight, he might not be interested at all about wrestling at this point. He's been very vocal about wanting to get better at MMA and that wrestling wasn't his priority at this point so i wouldn'T get you're hope up on seeing him wrestling on the All In card. I could see him do a promo in front of his home crowd and you do some sort of segment with Cody or something which would lead to him costing cody his match, but outside of that, i don't think he would be interested in doing a actual match at this point.

3. Logisticalbooker86

Logisticalbooker86 Pre-Show Stalwart

If Punk appears at "All In" it won't matter whether he wrestles an actual match or not. Getting CM Punk to appear inside a wrestling ring even if he just breathes into a microphone would be hailed as the best thing to happen outside of the Tokyo Dome in 2018 by Dave Meltzer.

CM Punk will always have value in the pro wrestling business because his fans are so loyal. What he does in MMA has very little to do with his stock in wrestling. Even if Punk gets creamed inside the octagon again, his potential reemergence in pro wrestling will create a buzz.

4. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

If Punk ever decided to come back, now would be the best option but definitely not to the WWE. With the indie scene at an all time high he could very well fall back in love with professional wrestling. Guys like Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks are undeniable proof you don't need the WWE to be successful and with Punk's popularity, he could sell out any indie show he chooses to attend.

Punk may choose MMA right now, but he'll be back. They always come back.

5. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, here's sorta the thing about the independent scene. The indie scene is profitable...for a handful of wrestlers. Cody and the Young Bucks are more the exception rather than the rule and it's not like they're wrestling in high school gyms for gas money in front of 50 people. Cody and the Young Bucks have the advantage of working primarily for ROH and New Japan; ROH is and has been king of the indie circuit for more than a decade and they're one of the only, and I mean only, indie companies that puts on regular shows that draw over a thousand people. New Japan isn't an indie company because it's hard to label something as an indie company when it puts on shows that can regularly sell any where from 3,000 to 35,000 tickets, depending on the show and what the line up is. Also, Cody & the Bucks have spent almost a year setting up this show, constantly hyping it, talking to anyone who'll give them a platform and they've managed to recruit many of the biggest non-WWE names in the business so, again, this isn't just an "indie show" in the sense that most people are used to or expecting when they think of an "indie show."

As far as Punk goes, I won't be at all surprised if he makes an appearance just for the sake of generating buzz. Given the amount of time and money that Cody & the Bucks have put into it, they're going to do all they possibly can to make the show memorable so don't be surprised if Punk's music hits, the place comes unglued and he walks out to a 10+ minute ovation. Could an appearance be a signal that he might be open to returning to wrestling? Sure, it's possible. If so, however, it won't be cheap nor will it be anything approaching a full time schedule when all his messing around with MMA is over with.

6. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

I see Punk going to NJPW if anywhere should he return to wrestling.

7. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

No, no it isnt and its an abomination.

If he loses next who knows. But with 4 years without wrestling I dont think he would do comeback. Plus he is 40 this year. Dont think he would do it especially when you know he always wanted to retire early and dont care. Though, if his ego has gotten hurt after 2 UFC loses cant not to feel like he could maybe try comeback.

8. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

"Guys like Cody and Young Bucks are undeniable proof that you don't the WWE to be successful".

Cody is ONLY where he is because he was in WWE, and is Dusty Rhodes' son. Sure, he has run with the ball, but he wouldn't have done what he has in the indy scene if he wasn't a "name" and WWE gave him the exposure to then demand big bucks on the indy circuit.

The Young Bucks are just a modern-day version of the Hardy Boys or the Rockers.

C.M. Punk is also where he is because of the exposure that WWE gave to him, and made him a "brand". He gets heavily promoted in MMA fights because of who he is, and that came from the global exposure that WWE gave him (which is he is ungrateful for). If he had stayed in ROH, and never been in WWE, I doubt that he would have the same standing or be the same draw to promote MMA fights.

So, I say that the only reason these guys are as big as they are now is because they were once in WWE (and in Cody's case, his heritage as well).

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  9. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, d_henderson has brought up some relevant points.

Cody spent over a decade in WWE and in that time, it's not as if he wasn't making some decent money. And, let's be honest, it's not as if Cody hasn't traded on his family name to help make his way both in and out of WWE. Finally, there's also a probability that Cody inherited a hefty sum of money due to his father's passing so any way you slice it, Cody is not some self made man that struggled to pay his dues on the indie scene as the guy was already rich before he wrestled his first indie show.

As far as the Bucks go, I have to say that it's a different story, yet the Bucks are more the exception to the rule. The Bucks have managed to carve a powerful niche for themselves and this is also something that hasn't happened over night, but rather it's really something that's only come about the last 4 years or so. I'm not a fan, but I respect the hard work they've put in because it's taken a long time and a lot of work to earn the success they have. However, to be fair, a good deal of that success has come from companies willingly giving them a free hand creatively and that's also something that most other wrestlers don't enjoy, at least not nearly to the degree the Bucks have enjoyed the past 4 or 5 years.

But yeah, as far as Punk goes, he'd probably never admit this in a million years, but WWE is the primary reason he's enjoyed and continues to enjoy the fame he has. Without his WWE exposure, it's highly doubtful that Marvel would've had him work on comic book projects and he damn sure wouldn't have been signed to UFC in his late 30s and with a complete lack of MMA experience.

10. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

Let us be very real about this: All In does not need CM Punk. Period. They sold out the house WITHOUT Punk being ANYTHING on the card. For Punk to come back to wrestling, he is going to want a fortune. Why would Cody and the Bucks give it to him now? If he does show up, it will probably be as a guest and nothing more. He will not wrestle because he will not get the money he thinks he deserves. Why would he? Punk did not put the 10,000+ Tickets out the door in 30 minutes. So, why would Cody and the Bucks pay him?

LibSuperstar likes this.
  11. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

This, very much this. Unless they want to move this to a bigger venue or there is a way to get a bigger media deal out of it, there is no point adding Punk to a card that has sold out. It is basically charity for the fans by including him on the show. The only reason it would make sense to include him would be to promote the next show. Giving the fans his return or surprise return match is just throwing away money and giving away too much making your future shows less intriguing.

12. therockiswwf

therockiswwf The voice of Michael Cole's headset

Why would they bring him in unannounced? That makes absolutely no sense at all. They probably could have upped ticket prices as Punk is actually a real draw by himself. Not to mention they probably have to pay him a nice amount to do it. The amount of attention this would bring to them is very valuable. I just can't see any reason they would keep this a secret. And if it is a secret, that's very dumb.

Punk also has said he has had about 30 concussions. He needs to see doctors like Bryan did. That's a lot of concussions.

13. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

And thats what Punk loves being smug about.

"I did it for the fans", "It was already sold out so its not an ego trip for me"; That passive aggressive shit is what he is ace at.

But I think all of this depends on how he does in Chicago. If he wins that fight, look out.

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  14. Just Do It

Just Do It Getting Noticed By Management

I'd love to see a CM Punk appearance, I honestly wouldn't care what he did. It would be great to see him hit a GTS, say a few words and leave, but honestly, even being seen in the crowd would be cool.

15. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Also, Punk won't wrestle, so that he can sell his "injuries" that he is suing the WWE doctor for.

I mean, he can't be seen to be actually able to wrestle. It won't help his case.

16. therockiswwf

therockiswwf The voice of Michael Cole's headset

The doctor sued him. He did a UFC fight. Where you get legit punched in the head on purpose. So you made that up.

@smarkmouth likes this.