Championship Region, Fifth Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (3) Undertaker

Who wins this match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Undertaker

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. Although he may only draw at WM now, he is still a draw. How that escapes you is beyond me.

So he only draws at WM now? Where was he for the first twenty years of his career?

So you're going to tell me that during a match, after 'Taker sits up, that he isn't fresh? I seem to remember that every time after 'Taker would sit up in a match that he would proceed to kick ass. Are you saying that this isn't the case? Even a broken down, injured 'Taker sat up at WM while in the Anaconda Vice and proceeded to whip ass.

You probably have it in your mind that Undertaker is this supernatural being but the rest of us know he is human. If he's fresh, then why doesn't he wrestle more than one match a year? Surely a guy who sits up all the time and is fresh according to you can certainly do more. Unless all those injuries are fake and he's been lying to us this whole time. If he is so fresh after sitting up, then why does he look exhausted after the end of every match? That doesn't appear to be the definition of fresh.

So he only draws at WM now? Where was he for the first twenty years of his career?

So basically you're saying that 'Taker isn't a draw at all except at WrestleMania? He didn't draw anything during his Ministry gimmick. He drew shit all during his Undisputed WWE Title Reign. Hell, the man couldn't sell tickets if he was working the booth when he returned to his Deadman gimmick in '04? I mean, of course he wasn't a draw. Of course he didn't make money. He just had 7 title runs for the hell of it. He just kept having main event feuds because VKM was bored.

You probably have it in your mind that Undertaker is this supernatural being but the rest of us know he is human. If he's fresh, then why doesn't he wrestle more than one match a year? Surely a guy who sits up all the time and is fresh according to you can certainly do more. Unless all those injuries are fake and he's been lying to us this whole time. If he is so fresh after sitting up, then why does he look exhausted after the end of every match? That doesn't appear to be the definition of fresh.

The whole point of wrestling is to suspend disbelief. So yes, I'm looking at a prime 'Taker in a kayfabe match. The fact that you are suggesting that it would be Hogan facing the 'Taker of now is laughable. As a matter of fact, let's go with that. Yea, Hogan of now vs 'Taker of now. Yea, that works. Let's see who's broken down more. Let's see who'd win this one.

I can't believe Taker is even hanging in here. I love Taker but the Taker love in these tournaments is hysterical.

The Undertaker is a legend. He NEVER was a top draw for WWE. He was always a side attraction. Even his WrestleMania matches didn't start being "feature attractions" until he got in the ring with bona-fide Main Eventers in Batista, HBK, HHH, and CM Punk.

Hulk Hogan was THE top draw for WWE from 1984-1991, then he was THE top draw in WCW pretty much his entire run with the company, and especially during the Hollywood era.

There's also the common question that comes up in this tournament. What is Undertakers prime? Well, we can't answer that because he never really had one. He was a mid-card at best through the first half of the 90's (even when he won the title, he lost it right away and did nothing for the next 5 years); had a pretty good run from Mania 13 through the Ministry era, then went to shit as the Biker, then gradually got better as the 2nd coming of the Deadman, before now being a once a year guy.

Hogans prime is the time he literally built the current style of Sports Entertainment Professional Wrestling. The Hogan era of 1984-1991.

From 1984-1991, Hulk Hogan lost on average 1.75 times per year. Only 3 of those losses were by pinfall, 2 of which were due to copious amounts of illegalities that would not happen in this tournament. The rest were DQ or Countout, and Hogan isn't getting counted out when he has something to lose. The only man to defeat Hogan clean is Ultimate Warrior, who is the only wrestler ever to even touch Hogans level of popularity.

Hogan isn't losing to an upper-midcarder. Hogan takes this easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back