Cena with no title

mtg712

Occasional Pre-Show
now look what you guys have done. you wanted him to wrestle, he did, and screwed his muscles up. you guys know he cant wrestle and you pushed him into it and now look. i hope you guys are ashamed of yourselves.

note this is sarcasm.

I was gonna say, everyone knocks John cena, and everyone rips into him for what? the guy goes out every night and gives it his best for us(the fans) and a lot of people rip into him, why? whats cena ever done? its not his fault that he has held the belt for so long? does he write the shows? does he write the paper views? NO HE DOES NOT, so guys no more hating cena, just show him the respect he deserves. I can see at no mercy it being Orton v Kennedy with vince screwing orton.

I was gonna say, everyone knocks John cena, and everyone rips into him for what? the guy goes out every night and gives it his best for us(the fans) and a lot of people rip into him, why? whats cena ever done? its not his fault that he has held the belt for so long? does he write the shows? does he write the paper views? NO HE DOES NOT, so guys no more hating cena, just show him the respect he deserves. I can see at no mercy it being Orton v Kennedy with vince screwing orton.

I couldnt agree more. I will never understand people h8ing on Cena. He DOES deserve to be a champion HE DOES deserve the fans respect and HE DOES deserve credit with the effort he puts day in day out for us fans especiall when HHH was injured.

I agree whole heartedly, and 'm actually surprised theres so many fans not riping on Cena right now. I did notice however that just about every fan that HAS ripped on Cena since monday was a noob to the foroms. I think that ripping on Cena wasn't about all of us disliking him, it was more of a group brainwashing. I know before I joined the forums, I liked Cena, but all of "you" made me look at him differently, at least for a while.

Anyone that says Cena ruins RAW, watch RAW in three week. I bet the ratings will be no higher than they are now. Then whos the ratings killer?

Thank god.....i hate cena....i like Jeff Hardy now he's the real deal......but i also like batista alot.......hes awsome. I would love it for a match to be like where all three world champs get together and battle it out
and the winner gets all three titles

John Cena is part of the reason I don't watch wrestling anymore. (In fact if Save-Us222 and Saviour_Self hadn't come along, I'd still be ignorant of it). He just reminds me of everything I hated about wrestling as a young kid (in the 80's Rock N Wrestlign era). He has one thing on the mic he does over and over again (the whole "I'm the tough guy, you want some come get some"), he soaks up beatings and bounces off them. I swear, the man is the modern day Hulk Hogan. Bottom line: He's not that good. Other bottom line: He was better as a heel. Maybe I'm spoiled. I came up through the Attitude era of Austin, HHH, and the Rock. Maybe it's unreasonable to expect the charisma and overall skill of those three men.

I think pro wrestling is in a lull right now. It reminds me of the time between about 1990-1995. It's waiting for the next big star (Like Austin was back them) to blow up and take thigs over. Orton is too self destructive. HHH is too old. To be honest, I don't know if we know who that guy is. The next big name that's going to put wrestling back on the map. And it may be too late. Most of those old wrestling fans have moved on to MMA. Who knows? I don't.

I think it was time anyways to let someone else be the Champ, he will get his spot again, let some one else shine in the limelight for a while. In my opinon Kennedy,Orton, Taker, Both Hardys, Umaga, and oh by the way it has been a while since we heard HHH as the champ. I see Kennedy turning face this weekend, we will have to see.

It's waiting for the next big star (Like Austin was back them) to blow up and take thigs over. Orton is too self destructive. HHH is too old. To be honest, I don't know if we know who that guy is. The next big name that's going to put wrestling back on the map. And it may be too late. Most of those old wrestling fans have moved on to MMA. Who knows? I don't.

I really enjoyed this quote SD81. While I didn't agree with your entire post, I totally see where you are coming from. The fact is, Wrestling fans are super-loyal people who (usually) turn on the same program each week in hopes of something new, something to talk about. Lately, the only mainstream attention wrestling has gotten has been for injuries, steroids, and deaths. Wrestling fans try to carry that flag no matter what.

I think that's why I valued Cena so much. Bear in mind, I am a self-described Cena ambivalent. I neither love nor loathe the man. I respect him, his dedication, and his skills. Seeing him go down this way is a step backwards, not forwards.

To address the issue of who the "next big star is." That's a HUGE problem right now. Many of the last few "big stars" have used professional wrestling to catapult themselves into other careers (i.e. The Rock in movies, Chris Jericho in music). Some get injured (Austin, Edge) and some make stupid choices (Orton, Kennedy). You are totally right about Orton's self-destruction and HHH's age. So who is the next big star?

I say John Morrison. Young, talented, in great shape. Plus, unlike the Carlitos, Shelton Benjamins, and Chris Masters of the world, Morrison seems to have more dedication to his craft.

The next big "star" also needs to be manufactured the way Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Booker T were - start with a strong tag team presence and allow them to explode onto the mid-card scene, then to the major leagues. I still wonder if Lance Cade has it in him.

wwe needs to end the roster split. with the talent pool low things will straighten up if they do. ratings will rise.

The next big "star" also needs to be manufactured the way Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Booker T were - start with a strong tag team presence and allow them to explode onto the mid-card scene, then to the major leagues. I still wonder if Lance Cade has it in him.

I like where your head's at, I just like the other guy on that team. Trevor Murdoch is mean, he's tough, and he's butt ugly. This guy has the potential to be a monster heel if he wants to. I realize that we were sort of talking about the next big face megastar, but we all know that every face needs a good heel. Hogan would have been nothing without Andre. Austin nothing without Vince. The Rock nothing without HHH.

I honestly don't know John Morrison, because I really don't watch wrestling anymore. I used to have to stay awake to catch RAW in my timezone, now I use it to put me to sleep. I think it might be time for Vince to move on. Let Hunter and Steph run the company. Though, as painful as it is to admit, Hunter is still the best overall talent in the company.

Cena getting injured is great hopefully they will bring him back as a heel and teach him how to wrestle better. Along with that it will allow the upper mid card guys like Kennedy, Hardy, and Carlito to at least have a chance to be one of the top guys because Kennedy can be the next great heel, Hardy has all the skills to take him there he is just about as good as most people on the mic if the WWE would let him talk, and Carlito if him truly applied himself could be one of the greatest heels ever. Cena getting injured is probably the best thing to happen since the Smackdown injury bug which allowed guys like MVP and Matt Hardy to truly shine with their feud which wouldn't have lasted this long if guys like Taker and Edge were around at that time.

Cena getting injured is a bad thing. A bad, bad thing. WWE lost so much time pushing and promoting with the recent suspensions. HHH just came back, and is still re-establishing his character (tho with one swing of the sledgehammer, he's back to being himself), HBK is out, Edge is out, and there aren't many legit contenders.

People like this guy T-Bone talk like that under the anonymity of the computer - I far more respect people who speak intelligently and validate their points.

Scorpionz_venom, I think a lot of rational people agree with you. It feels like a waste now. But think of it this way - since joining WWE, winning the OVW Title, and then having his first major match with Kurt Angle and his first major feud with The Undertaker, Cena's rise has been nothing short of meteoric. This is his first real set back. How he responds to it will tell us more about his staying power, his intensity, his desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back