Cena Region, Third Round, Regular Match: (1) John Cena vs. (9) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Match?

• John Cena

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Cena Region. It is a Regular match. It will be held at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.

Le_TD_Banknorth_Garden.jpg

Rules: As the name suggests, this is a regular one on one match which can be won via pinfall, submission, countout or disqualification.

john-cena-28361725-620x400.jpg

#1. John Cena

Vs.

hqdefault.jpg

#9. Brock Lesnar

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

The biggest stage on which we saw this movie was Bork killing Cena for 14 minutes, then deciding he had enough. Cena has a better career, and all that jazz, but commentators as recently as Mania still bring up the Summerslam match.

Vote Bork.

John Cena here.

A better professional wrestler at every skill than Brock Lesnar. He can turn a hostile crowd in his favour, thanks to his mic skills. Brock? He needs Paul Heyman for this. In-ring skills? Brock is lazy and boring now. John Cena still has classic matches.

Vote a better professional wrestler. Vote Cena.

Lesnar has eaten Cena up whenever they have fought. This wouldn't even be close. Funny saying that about John Cena.

Bork laser would destroy cena every day of the week...

How is this even a challenge?

Bork doesn't even waste five minutes this time on cena.

Such compelling arguments from the pro-Brock camp. Lesnar wins because Brock smash. Unremarkable.

Brock has two major weaknesses. He's overconfident and cocky and he constantly underestimates his opponents. If his opponent can hit him hard and fast and wear him down, then he's in a position to lose. This is how Goldberg won at Survivor Series. And before you say "LOL Goldberg," Cena employed the exact same strategy at NOC in 2014. He hit Lesnar with everything he had from the get go. If it hadn't of been for Rollins interference, Cena would have likely won. Reigns did something similar at Mania. But he soaked up all of Brock's offense first before wearing him down; with a smile on his face no less. If his opponent can hit him hard and fast, while soaking up his offense, Lesnar is beatable.

Lesnar's second weakness is that due to his overconfidence, he's prone to foul play. This is how Undertaker beat him at Summerslam. He low-blowed Lesnar, caught him in the Hell's Gate, and KO'ed him. Cena is not above playing dirty and bending the rules in order to secure a victory. Especially to prove a point. Cena has already beaten Lesnar in a match where there were no rules. Why couldn't he beat Lesnar in a normal match? Are you guys saying that Cena wouldn't play dirty in order to get the upper hand? That's preposterous. Winning is all that matters.

Add in the fact that Cena has everything over Brock as an accomplished performer, and obtained a streak of unmatched dominance in the mid to late 00's that was far more impressive than anything Lesnar has done. Cena worked 50 televised matches a year plus PPV's, as opposed to Brock's half a dozen matches or less yearly schedule.

This is Cena's match to win.

Yet, when the almighty John fell to the beast, he was completely dismantled like nobody ever had done previously. It is one thing to beat the poster boy, its another to beat him like a disabled child fighting a bear.

Vote Brock. Even Superman has his kryptonite.

Cena has snuck in a victory, but Brock owns Cena. He destroys him every time they wrestle, even when he lost. If they wrestle 100 times, Brock wins 90 times. I'll go with the odds. Brock wins. No better example of one guy having another guy's number.

Cena's only real win - I'm not counting Night of Champions 2014 because Seth Rollins isn't going to interfere to cash in on this match - versus Lesnar has come in an Extreme Rules match where he got totally wrecked before getting lucky with a chain shot and an AA onto some steel steps. He got massacred in the build-up and thought he'd need time off to heal up following the blood letting.

That's in victory.

Every other time Brock has won and it hasn't really been close. The SummerSlam match he totally dominated Cena and that's the closest we've seen to these two in their prime in a standard one-on-one match. So using that as my criteria and basis, I think Brock has to win.

This is one of the matches in the tournament that has actually happened in real life and in said real life Brock dominated Cena like no one has ever.

I just don't see Brock losing. He would dominate Cena like he has before and then Cena would go off to shoot a movie or his TV show and when that's done he would come back for revenge.

I'm voting Brock

Brock does not own Cena in the fucking slightest. He beat him a few times and threw him around like a rag doll? Yeah, okay, I agree. But the fact of the matter is that only happened for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the WWE needed to build Brock into the machine that he is now. That was a business decision and doesn't reflect Cena or the wrestler that he is. Secondly, this was not the same Cena that was dubbed Super Cena by the masses because he won fucking everything there ever was to win! This is a Cena on his way out of the fucking door in a couple of years.

But if you really want to get technical, I would say Cena's prime was about the same time as Triple H put him over at WrestleMania 22. The same Triple H who made Brock Lesnar his bitch at WrestleMania 29! So if we are saying that this era is when Brock was at his best, and he was being soundly defeated by Triple H, then Cena has to get Credit for going over Triple H at Mania 22 when the Cenation was swiftly on the rise and nothing was stopping Cena from conquering the WWE.

Cena wins this all day long.

I'm sorry, but the people insinuating that Cena was in his prime at Summerslam 2014, might as well say Shawn Michaels was at his prime at Wreslemania 14 or that Lesnar was in his prime at Survivor Series 2016. It's quite simply disingenuous to say the least, their opponents had everything to gain by winning that match and they themselves had nothing to gain; Cena was basically carrying the strap for Bryan when Bryan went out with an injury anyhow. It didn't matter who had the title, Lesnar would have put on a dominant display to capture the title regardless.

The truth is, when an opponent has everything to gain from beating Brock, Brock does not win (see, vs Roman Reigns at WM31). There's a good reason why Cena winning even in the most unlikely of circumstances has become a meme among wrestling fans; because even if the opponent has a better justification to go over, Cena will still usually go over.

Ultimately, there are very few things that can stop a streak-conquering, prime Lesnar in his path. It just so happens John Cena is one of them, along with Hogan, Austin and perhaps a few dirty heels like Flair, as these monster faces tend to have a weakness against heels (see: Goldberg vs Kevin Nash).

Discounting the matches these guys had in 2003, the record between Cena/Brock since Brock's return is 2-1 in the favor of Cena. Maybe it's true that Brock pounds Cena when they get in the ring together, but what the hell does that have to do with anything really? All that matters is who wins and who loses and the statistics show that in their relative primes, Cena has beaten Brock more times than Brock has beaten Cena.

Cena beat Brock in Brock's return match, when Lesnar's stock was at the highest it had ever been until he defeated Taker at Mania 30. You can argue that Cena only won because it was no DQ, but than you'd be ignoring the fact that two matches after Brock broke the Streak, he had to have his ass saved by Seth Rollins to avoid losing to Cena again, this time with normal rules. Yeah, he destroyed Cena at Summerslam, but there was absolutely no way he could have lost that match after breaking Taker's Streak. And even than, all of that only happened to build him up just so he could lose the title to the next big star at Mania 31. 10 or 5 years earlier, that star would have been John Cena.

All things considered, if Cena can beat Brock twice on the downswing of his Superman phase, he can sure as hell beat him at the height of it.

This is not WWE & thus booking the Vince way is not how this plays out. The superhuman merch machine is all well and good. Until your day comes when a monster comes to town and leaves you laying. The big time unstoppable face is toppled as he is manhandled like never before. Cena is the main dude in McMahonland, Brock has eaten souls across the earth. He takes titles from kings and saviors & in this tournament Cena is one more for the meat wagon.

You know what? For anyone still doubting how this goes, think about this.

When the unthinkable happened & Taker was beaten at Mania, it was Lesnar who did it. Now before everyone starts crying, that isnt my point. My point is when it happened again, in a torch passing funeral for a phenom, it wasnt John that did it. It was the only real feather in the cap for Vince's golden boy left & he was instead used in a mixed tag. So essentially John was never the guy worthy of such a feat despite how gigantic his star is. John had a few different years he could have been the one, but it was never in the cards. His opponent in this match was the first and most shocking winner of that accolade & will rag doll Cena here. Cena has 5 moves of doom, but Brock simplified it to one. Over, and over, and over....

I dislike how bias this tournament is, look at the images representing each wrestler. The best image of Cena is used, while Lesnar looks like crap and I'm sure it's set up that way to get casual fans to favour Cena simply based on the images. This tournament screwed Lesnar before by giving the win to HBK lol a man who has never done well against big wrestlers.

Lesnar is better than Cena in almost every aspect of wrestling/entertainment whether it be in the ring or drawing power. There is a reason Lesnar is the highest paid WWE superstar in 2016, according to Forbes. There is a reason why since returning Lesnar has had more high profile matches than Cena at WWEs big events.

The only reason Cena got the opportunity to get to where he is because Lesnar left in 2004, don't let people brainwash you into thinking otherwise. If Lesnar stayed in WWE full time there is no doubt he would have achieved much more in the WWE than Cena, hell even as a part timer his accomplishments can be compared to Cena. Lesnar has beaten more top names than Cena in a shoter amount of time and is far more talented of the two. Lesnar's UFC title win & ending the streak is greater and more memorable than anything Cena has done and will ever do. Don't be fooled quantity doesn't define greatness. As a fan I have been more entertained by Lesnar's first two years in the WWE than anything Cena has done in the past 10 years and I'm sure a lot of fans feel that way.

Vote for the better wrestler, Brock Lesnar 👈🏾.

I dislike how bias this tournament is, look at the images representing each wrestler. The best image of Cena is used, while Lesnar looks like crap and I'm sure it's set up that way to get casual fans to favour Cena simply based on the images. This tournament screwed Lesnar before by giving the win to HBK lol a man who has never done well against big wrestlers.
actually I'm pretty sure it's what ever KB feels like using as is evident by the fact he used the picture that was taken of him with Hogan over 'Mania weekend this year.
Lesnar is better than Cena in almost every aspect of wrestling/entertainment whether it be in the ring or drawing power. There is a reason Lesnar is the highest paid WWE superstar in 2016, according to Forbes. There is a reason why since returning Lesnar has had more high profile matches than Cena at WWEs big events.

The only reason Cena got the opportunity to get to where he is because Lesnar left in 2004, don't let people brainwash you into thinking otherwise. If Lesnar stayed in WWE full time there is no doubt he would have achieved much more in the WWE than Cena, hell even as a part timer his accomplishments can be compared to Cena. Lesnar has beaten more top names than Cena in a shoter amount of time and is far more talented of the two. Lesnar's UFC title win & ending the streak is greater and more memorable than anything Cena has done and will ever do. Don't be fooled quantity doesn't define greatness. As a fan I have been more entertained by Lesnar's first two years in the WWE than anything Cena has done in the past 10 years and I'm sure a lot of fans feel that way.

Vote for the better wrestler, Brock Lesnar ����.
I can't say I agree with all of this (some but not all) but as I'm voting Brock anyway I guess it doesn't really matter. I just wanted to tell you you're wrong about the pictures

Did Brock Lesnar even have a regular year on the roster? As far as I recall, he came in destroying everybody and months later won the Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship from The Rock. While Lesnar was busy beating The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Big Show, John Cena was learning how to make gay jokes.

Truth is, Lesnar came into professional wrestling, and stayed on top and now that he is both A. Universal Champion and B. on some weird monthly contract, he will remain in the Main Event scene possibly forever. John Cena has been met with a polarizing crowd ever since he reached that pinnacle, and only now is that starting to fade away. It's weird if you think about it. The guy that ended Taker's Streak gets cheered regularly but Dudley Do Right's career will forever be haunted by "Let's Go Cena/ Cena Sucks".

My vote is going to Lesnar. Wrestling is full of checks and balances. WWE has kept the Lesnar character right above John Cena's since 2003. When I see Cena beat Brock as soundlessly as Brock has defeated him, then my opinion will change.

Vote Brock.

Whether it's fair or not, I vote on these with a heavy amount of influence from current events.

John's career is still thriving, but he's a very lite version of his former self when it comes to potential in the ring. Good on him for putting people over, but taking pins to elevate the careers of younger guys won't earn you points in a match against Brock Lesnar.

Brock just joined a very short list of people, he pinned Goldberg clean. Maybe Cena could have beaten Goldberg clean if he was ever given the chance to fight him, who the fuck knows.

Brock is in a place now where it doesn't even matter that we've seen him destroy Cena; Brock the man to beat if you want to cement your legacy, not Cena.

Vote Brock.

Cena is a better professional wrestler in every possible way than Brock Lesnar. Lesnar may have beaten Cena decisively once, but Cena has beaten him too. Cena is a bigger draw, a better wrestler, better on the mic and has had a much better career in pro wrestling. Cena wins.

Better on the mic? So its a negative for Lesnar having the greatest manager/hype man ever by his side? His gimmick is kill, not speak. Heyman is integral, Heyman is allowed & Heyman trumps John.

As far as draw? I will concede Cena has had more years in pulling those numbers. Problem is most of those were when true stand out superstars were in short supply & Vince knew he could rake in that younger merch demographic. Cena will always be that guy who you are told to like. Brock? He comes in, numbers jump up, he brutalizes the heroes, dethrones our legends & we still cheer the fuck out of him.

Now, better wrestler? John has essentially used the same cookie cutter Hulkamania moveset for 90% of his career. Only recently did he add a few clunky ass moves to the stack when he wanted to show the new kids he can "hang". Brock has been pinning shoulders to the mat since before college. He has put on clinics against some of the best technicians around & when it was time to change it up he deployed a more focused, brutal set. The guy makes his offensive side look devastating and when he goes on defense Brock makes you believe you are actually toppling a monster. Talent & storytelling. Nobody shouts "You can't wrestle" at Brock, can John say the same?

Which Borck and which Cena? When he came back, Brock lost to Cena in his first match even though Cena started his losing streak where he lost to Rock, lost frequently against CM Punk and even to John Lauiranitis. That was by far Cenas worst year when you count how much he lost and yet somehow he beat Brock. But later Brock was real Beast and beat everybody minus Goldberg which he underestimated but ended him on Mania. Going with Cena just because its his region. And for having no doubt in his prime he would "overcome Brock and beat him like huge underdog even though he is 10 times Champion already".

There is a clear arguement for both men:...Cena whether you love him or hate him(I ain't a fan) but you got to respect to love he had for the business and puts on some amazing matches. Over the last decade he has been the biggest draw and has been at the top because he did what he had to do and worked his ass off to be there...Brock is te ultimate athlete in that he is a legit ass kicker and his first run in the WWE back in 2002 he showed how great he was and was going to be...I do think he has gotten boring now,and luckily he has Paul Heyman with him to talk him up, suplex city is boring the shit out of me now....all he does....

I think I'm going with Cena on this one,but there is no wrong vote here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back