Cena Region, Third Round, Metal Object on a Pole: (2) Bret Hart vs. (10) Jerry Lawler

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• Jerry Lawler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Cena Region and it is a Metal Object on a Pole match. It will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

msg-hip-hop-sports-report.jpg

Rules: There is a metal object on a pole and either man can climb the pole and pull it down to use it. The match cannon end until the object has been retrieved.

Bret-Hart-Drake-Meek-Mill.png

#2. Bret Hart

Vs.

120911070514-jerry-lawler-story-top.jpg

#10. Jerry Lawler

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Lawler was pretty well versed in the hardcore style, what with his empty arena brawls and all that jazz, so I think the stipulation does favor him. I still can't look past the times these two interacted in the mid 90s in WWF. Hart almost always came out on top, so I'm thinking I have to vote Bret as much as it pains me.

Like I said in the previous round, Hart is fast rising in my appreciation ranks. Lawler had a respectable career, but ultimately Hart has beaten just about everyone he ever came up against, including Jerry Lawler. I know Lawler was over the hill by then, but ultimately he was never the main man in national promotions, only regional so I think Hart would take it.

So much of this stipulation combined with the location favors Lawler. Odds are that Bret would snub his nose at this match and demand that he wins or he walks. He would agree to lose in the next round however. Then the booker would screw Bret by putting out a fake pole and hiding the real pole under the ring. The booker would tell Lawler that there are some under age girls under the ring and Lawler would take Hart's confusion by the fake pole as an opportunity to get his whistle wet (or is it whet).

Jerry wins and doesn't go jail for statutory rape. The official pole will never be the same after losing it's virginity.

Can't help but think that if the finish is anything that makes Lawler look superior to Bret for even a moment, Bret's gonna give the whole, "That doesn't work for me brother. The fans are gonna think I couldn't beat Lawler. It's all real". Having said that, though, honestly there is no reason Bret shouldn't go over Lawler here. Even if you consider the gimmick, Bret would win. In similar hardcore type matches, Bret performed very well. Mania 13 vs Austin anyone?

Vote Bret.

Bret beat Yokozuna, in a great WrestleMania moment, in Madison Square Garden. Lawler was a huge name in the South, but as I've stated twice already, his success never translated to WWE. While this isn't a WWE match, it is in WWE's backyard. This is the arena that made them what they are today. The heel almost always gets the item down, but the law of wrestling is that if you bring it in, it gets used on you. So Lawler retrieves the metal item, Bret knocks it out of his hand, whacks him in the head, Sharpshooter...win.

So much of this stipulation combined with the location favors Lawler. Odds are that Bret would snub his nose at this match and demand that he wins or he walks. He would agree to lose in the next round however. Then the booker would screw Bret by putting out a fake pole and hiding the real pole under the ring. The booker would tell Lawler that there are some under age girls under the ring and Lawler would take Hart's confusion by the fake pole as an opportunity to get his whistle wet (or is it whet).

Jerry wins and doesn't go jail for statutory rape. The official pole will never be the same after losing it's virginity.

eca13411ececa48e1c2445040d7f5118.jpg

I don't see any reason why Bret Hart wouldn't get the win here. We're in WWE's spiritual home, and The Hitman was WWE through and through. His star power was global while Lawler never really progressed beyond being the Messiah of Memphis.

When they have collided, Bret came out on top too, so I've no doubt he'd do it again. Lawler would get the weapon first and get the upper hand, but a Hitman fight back followed by multiple blows to the legs of Lawler with the metal object wounds The King, and Bret locks in the Sharpshooter on Lawler for a submission victory.

Bret Hart I think has a good record in gimmick matches bar one. Lawler for all his Memphis Glory would not mean anything in MSG. There's a reason why he was a star, coz he knew his parameters and played to that till he sucked it dry.

Bad verbiage anyway, Bret Hart for the win.

Lawler and Bret battle, Lawler even grabs the metal object off the pole. Before he can use it, Hart counters him, hits him with the weapon, slaps on the Sharpshooter and Lawler either taps or is knocked out.

Bret is one of the all time best. Lawler had a great career, but Bret's was better in an era where there were really 2 NATIONAL brands in WWF and WCW. Bret ruled WWF after Hogan and Savage left.

Vote Bret.

Bret easily wins the match, here.

Bret retrieves the metal object and uses to knock out Lawler cold. Then he applies the Sharpshooter and Lawler has already passed out.

As shown by the poll here, An easy win for Bret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back