Cena Region, Philadelphia Subregion, First Round: (9) Randy Orton vs. (24) Finn Balor

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Orton

• Finn Balor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Philadelphia Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Wells_Fargo_Center-sq_400x400.jpg

latest

#9. Randy Orton

Vs.

d633c66567da15d460453f990f5650e1.jpg

#24. Finn Balor

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Are Balor's accomplishments prior to coming to the WWE more significant than Orton's? I have to guess that they aren't or else WWE would have let him keep his ring name like they did with AJ and Joe.

Orton, much like Edge, has waaaay more championship reigns to his name than he actually has any business having, but it's purely a product of the modern era. That'll come back to bite him in the later rounds but it's enough to get him by Balor.

Watching an Orton match is like watching wallpaper dry. Balor is exciting, and great in the ring, but I'd think that given Orton's experience, he'd be the one calling the shots and setting the pace. In a slow match where wearing your opponent down is key, I give the edge to RKO.

Add in all the titles and accomplishments...and yeah. It's an easy vote for Orton.

Blandy Boreton sucks. I can't stand him and I will never forgive him for being the shithead who derailed Kofi's career. Seriously, fuck him in the ass with a sandpaper *****. Balor gets my vote on principle.

I love Finn Balor and I like Randy Orton.

For me, Its a close match. In terms of accomplishments, Randy is way above Finn Balor.

Realistically, Finn Balor should win this match in passing of the torch from Randy. I like Randy's in-ring work but he has become stale in ring and his stale booking worsens the situation even more.

Finn Balor's persona is too unique. He has been NxT Champion since July last year and has impressed me alot.

It would really be an intense match. Just imagine Randy Orton converting Balor's Bloody Sunday into a RKO? :lmao:

I vote for the inventor of Bullet Club! :p

Orton would just snatch Fergalson McDevitt out of the sky with an RKO.

The guy is good, but nowhere near the level Orton has gotten to. A good match, but nothing makes me believe anything would happen that did not involve Orton winning.

Maybe in 7 years we'll have this match and it won't be this one sided.

RKO his legs when he does the top rope stomp.

Maybe in 7 years we'll have this match and it won't be this one sided.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm on the Balor bandwagon. I think he has main event superstar potential. I really hope one day I can vote for Balor over Orton, but not today. Right now Orton is too experienced and too decorated to lose to Balor in the first round. Some day though...I hope.

Randy can be dull at times, but when he's motivated and against a talented workhorse, he can be a joy to watch. The dude is mad talented and one of the smoothest workers on the roster. His bouts against Daniel Bryan were sweet and the feud with Christian was awesome. Orton vs Balor would be a kickass match.

But at the end of the day, Orton would win. If there's one thing Orton is good at, it's beating talented internet darlings, often in definitive fashion – just ask Punk, Bryan, and Christian. At this stage of his career, Balor fits in that spot.

I heart Finn Balor. I heart him very much. This would be a very competitive match. But Finn simply isn't on Orton's level...yet.

I'll be honest: I voted for Finn Baylor because I like his entrance more than I like anything about Randy Orton. And I like Randy Orton. I appreciate the fact that he's a very good worker and has put on some truly great matches. But there's nothing I like about him that I like as much as Baylor's entrance.

I've never seen the overwhelming appeal of Orton that has afforded him he spot he has held at times in the WWE (there was once a time that people thought he was the heir apparent to Cena, and it was not that crazy an idea). There's always been someone who does something a little better than Orton in the WWE.

Of course, that doesn't mean Finn Baylor is a better wrestler than him at this point in time. But one day he might be. And his entrance is really fucking great.

I'm not wholly on board with Finn Balor. He's good, but he's just not as charismatic as he ought to be. As he's still where he is, I couldn't rightfully vote for him, so I went with Orton. If there's ever been a more boring main event wrestler than Randy Orton though, I've never seen them.

Making me vote against Balor. Oh, now I'm mad. Finn Balor is great, and will be greater still in a couple of years, but Orton is the man here.

Some people may be aware, others not, but I'm such a mark for Orton he almost has me on the turn. The man has everything - the look, the dark, subtle charisma, the accolades. He's been afforded all this from a young age, and there's not much else for him to actually do. The standard criticisms of Orton hold merit, I concede. He can be lackadaisical week-in week-out on Raw, especially when they make him a lackey again (damn you Authority) and book him in virtually the same match over and over again.

And of course I haven't yet mentioned IT: The RKO. One of the greatest finishing moves of all time. All time. It's the stunner but slicker. If the Rock was still around to sell this thing it'd be the most beautiful move. Orton can do this move in either of the key finisher spots: big build up with posturing, or the famous "outta nowhere!" Orton has codified a further niche in the "catch other midair finishers and reverse them into your own!" market. It is an awesome move, and while it's been used by other wrestlers before, I feel Randy does it best.

Orton has been second only to Cena for a long time; in this sense he is a modern day Savage. Orton can pull out an excellent match and an excellent promo, but you need to book it in a way where it's worth him giving a shit first. I implore you to look at earlier Orton/Cena matches as well as his tag team work with Edge for some great stuff, but the later "voices" persona was what I feel truly cemented him as a force.

Anyway, yes Balor is incredible but VOTE ORTON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back