Who Wins This Match?

• Shawn Michaels

• Neville

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

first-direct-arena400x264.jpg

shawn-michaels.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

c064d6a7ea36ba82f70e98ebc40aa0e7.jpg

#30. Neville

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

Yeah, no brainer here. One guy struggles to even get a match on a B PPV, the other is one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time. Michaels in a landslide.

Neville suffered an ankle injury in a match with Chris Jericho and valiantly attempted to keep fighting.

Shawn Michaels hurt his knee just thinking about wrestling Bret Hart.

I vote Neville.

This could be a fun, high energy match with HBK facing off against someone faster and more athletic than himself, something of a rarity when you think about it.

Watching Neville is fun, but I can't in good conscious vote for him over Shawn Michaels, a guy who is among the overall best to ever come along. Neville will hit some of his signature moves, both will deliver some pretty spectacular spots, but HBK has demonstrated a level of resilience in whole other leagues beyond anything I've seen from Neville.

HBK does a kip up and hits Neville right in the middle of one of his rotations of Red Arrow for the win. This isn't even close, Neville has to get another 15 years of wrestling high profile matches to equal HBKs career. HBK wins, FLAWLESS VICTORY.

This would be a wet dream of a match, but HBK easily takes this one. One of the greatest wrestlers ever, multiple championships and accomplishments - and Neville has done virtually nothing since his call up to the main roster after being the longest reigning NXT Champion.
Vote Shawn.

This will be an amazing match. Maybe the best of the tournament. This will also be a hot crowd for Neville. However, there's no way the HBK loses to Neville in round 1. HBK wins after an incredible fast-paced match-up. Let's not forget that HBK is last year's winner (I think, he beat Lesnar, didn't he?). So I'm expecting a strong showing from Shawn Michales, in this tournament as well.

Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time. What he did in the ring was amazing, and a prime HBK taking on Neville would be a very entertaining match, but thus far Neville's biggest accomplishment is being a champion in WWE's developmental territory. Neville is entertaining as hell when he can go and not be throw into random six man tag matches, but Shawn takes this no trouble.

Shelton Benjamin had the match of his career against HBK, and I don't doubt that it would happen here for Neville, especially in England, but there's no chance he gets the win here. He's barely on TV now, even with all the injuries, and Shawn could show up for an ad spot and the ratings would rise. This is one of the easiest gimmes in the first round.

Neville gets a slight boost from competing in his native England, but he's still a somewhat unproven rising star up against a legitimate great in HBK. Neville goes down in what would be a thrilling match.

I envision this playing out a lot like the Shelton Benjamin Gold Rush match. Neville bamboozles Shawn with his athleticism and agility before going for one high-risk move too many (as is Neville's custom) and falling victim to Shawn out-thinking/out-maneuvering him, possibly with a simple roll-up or counter as opposed to just Sweet Chin Music. Either way, Michaels advances, while wondering just what in the world he just dealt with.

Shawn Michaels is my all time favourite. Infact I have started watching WWE only because of Shawn Michaels. The accomplishment itself speaks how great he is in the ring. He has that charisma that no one could match. On Shawn's Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Triple H said that if you ask anyone in the locker room who is the naturally gifted wrestler most of them would choose Shawn Michaels.

Neville on the other hand is skillful, agile, athletic and all. But when it comes to the big leagues, Shawn triumphs him over. I don't reckon Neville can put a hour long match at Wrestlemania.

So, HBK Wins!!

This would be really fun fast-paced match considering the agility of the both concerned wrestlers.

I love Neville and I like Michaels too. Neville would offer a good competition to Michaels and could outshine with his bunch of aerial moves.

But Michaels would still go over considering his toughness.

Neville deserves some credit. He has beaten some damn fine wrestlers across the world before landing in NXT. He can certainly hang with HBK here, but we all know how this would end.

Fantastic match, but Neville takes a kick to the face. Then HBK probably dances around in his cape to get the crowd riled up because he is kind of a dick like that sometimes. Shawn moves on with some heat into round two.

Neville goes down to Sweet Chin Music in under 10. While Neville is a hell of a competitor and can do some incredible stuff in that ring, he's no HBK. His high-risk moves will eventually fail him as Shawn is much too smart to keep getting caught, and that will spell the beginning of the end for Neville. Shawn also has no problem doing the dirty stuff and I would expect him to pull some tricks in front of Neville's home crowd, whereas Neville has shown to be the consummate good guy.

Neville will hang for a bit, but the prowess of HBK will be too much to overcome for long.

I'm sure this would be good.

I've been watching a lot of mid 90s WWF recently and good God was Michaels a terrible option as a face world champion and even more so as the face of the company. His second career was far more respectable and though it contained a lot more losses, it was still significantly better than anything Neville did. There's no sensible argument for Neville here, so imma pick HBK.

This could definitely be an entertaining match. And if this match up took place in a tournament in 10 years, then the result might be a little closer. Neville has all of the tools to go far in the WWE if they can have a little faith in him. He has a great look and very, very fun to watch.

Michaels is the paradigm of what a wrestler should be though. Enough said. Michaels takes the easy win.

Shawn Michaels has put over everybody and their mother in the latter half of his career. From Jeff Hardy to Great Khali to Lance Cade to Mr. Kennedy, he's put over lots of guys, and would've certainly had no problem putting over Neville in freaking ENGLAND. Neville should win, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back