Cena Region, East Rutherford Subregion, Second Round: (2) Bret Hart vs. (15)M. Misawa

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• Mitsuharu Misawa

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, East Rutherford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey.

front.jpg

Bret-Hart-Drake-Meek-Mill.png

#2. Bret Hart

Vs.

200full-.jpg

#15. Mitsuharu Misawa

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I love me some Bret Hart but I think Misawa may be the way to go here. According to wikipedia Misawa was good at wrestling. Actually I didn't need wikipedia to tell me that. Pro Wrestling Illustrated told me that a long time ago. I needed them to tell me because I haven't seen Misawa wrestle very much but for an American publication to give so much attention to a Japanese wrestler tells me he was pretty good. A record five Triple Crown championship reigns tells me that too. Two other guys share that record but Misawa's reigns add up to more than twice as long as the others.

Believe me when I tell you I don't give Dave Meltzer's opinions that much thought but was there a Misawa match in the 90s that didn't get five stars from the guy? I think Misawa was pro wrestling in the 90s. Wrestling was strong in Japan at the time and Misawa stood above the rest. My heart says Bret (pun only somewhat intended) but if I'm voting honestly I think I have to go Misawa.

This could be a big upset here. Misawa is one of the Japanese legends I actually enjoy watching & while Meltzer may tend to hand out an extra star or two sometimes... most of his matches deserved the 5 rating. He was pretty damn good.

Hart is truly one of my favorites & someone I would certainly want to be champ if I ran a company, but he just may be a notch down from his opponent here. Obviously it was easier for me to see Bret''s matches living in the states, but Misawa made me want to search his stuff out. Both had very exciting matches and both were respected title holders. Each guy has his memorable moments & this was probably the hardest decision so far for me to make, but Hart would probably lose this one. Their one match (Misawa as Tiger Mask) was a draw & I dont know if it was booked so or they forgot it was a time limit. Just seemed they had more planned by the way parts of it went. Sucks there was never a rematch.

Bret always made it look like he hit you full on, Misawa just flat out laid them in when it counted. I think he would take what Bret had, fought out of a sharpshooter or two & eventually hit a Tiger Driver or Flowsion for the win. This would be deserving of 5 stars for sure & would have gone about 30 with an actual finish this time.

I'm a casual Bret Hart fan and can be swayed. I am mostly familiar with Misawa's accomplishments and how much his impact is felt in Japanese wrestling till this day.

I really don't know which way to swing here.

Knowing about as much about Misawa as most long-time posters here, I'm voting for Bret. Misawa was a legend, in Japan, and pioneered some amazing moves, and developed some top talent over there, but his own personal success never quite stretched across the Pacific.

Bret came from wrestling royalty, and made it to the top of the WWF after being in one of the best tag teams in the absolute best times for tag team wrestling. There's no denying that he couldn't go move for move in the ring with Misawa, and he takes a lot of undue flak for his mic skills and charisma.

I'm voting for the best there is, was, or ever will be.

In the past, I would have deliberated over this a lot more than I'm going to if it weren't for the following reasons:

a) The reasons to vote for Misawa have largely been based on the subjective opinions of a man who, whilst a respected wrestling journalist, does not seek the same thing from professional wrestling as myself.

b) More importantly, I have grown to appreciate Hart a lot more from watching 1996 and 1997s Raws. I mean, I know he was a great in-ring worker, but I actually think he may be one of the most underrated mic workers of all time, particularly as a heel.

As such, I'm going with Hart, but I'm not going to force the issue particularly.

I'd vote Misawa in this match but, from seeing how the voting is heading, it looks like Bret is going through....

The best part would be reading Brets recollection on this match on his blog or book where he talks about how messed up Misawa was and how he had to carry him throughout and basically Misawa is yet another legend who was nothing compared to Bret Hart

Its a tough call considering both guys' in-ring abilities.

But I would prefer Bret Hart as his impact was much than that of Mr. Misawa. It isn't a landslide win for Bret either. I mean that Bret wins by 60-40 over Misawa. Great technicians of wrestling but Bret is just better.

Bret Hart.

Bret (along with Macho Man) is my all time favorite wrestler. I could go on and on about Bret Hart for days but I also understand how big Misawa is and what he meant to Japanese wrestling. The guy was such a big deal that when he left All Japan and opened his own promotion damn near everyone followed him, he almost brought All Japan to absolute destruction and then he went to draw crowds of over 60,000 for Pro Wrestling NOAH. Now Bret was the main event of a larger crowd than Misawa ever wrestled in front of (from what I can find at least) but that was a one off thing and it had much more to do with Bulldog and the fact England was getting such a big event in their own backyard, they would've done over 80,000 or close to it anyways but there's no way NOAH would've done over 60,000 without Misawa, no fucking way.

I love Bret Hart, I don't care much for Japanese wrestling but I gotta go with Misawa. He was a bigger draw and was just as sound in the ring as Bret Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back