Castration of Wrestlers - Whose Fault?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone Archives' started by HeenanGorilla, Jul 2, 2014.

1. HeenanGorilla

HeenanGorilla Championship Contender

I see this article about Randy Orton needing 12 stitches after Money in the Bank and, as an old school fan, it sickens me. Getting 12 stitches is newsworthy??

This got me thinking of the reason why such a footnote of years passed is now a major deal.

Could it be because we are in a more kid-friendly, image-conscious, PG Era?
    Could it be that any little, irrelevant matter that even sniffs at being wrestling-related is reported here as news?
    Could it be people actually care about such things?

I take nothing away from Randy Orton. Hell, who would want 12 stitches? But to report it and leave it as an "eye-catching" story all week...it takes the balls out of wrestling and wrestlers. (Spare me your sports entertainment nonsense)

I realize that this site is paid by article clicks...which is why after a title change we get an article reporting results, then an article saying there is a new champ and then an article asking "Who is the new champ?". Three articles to tell us one fact. And I'm sure most of you click each and every one, so I can't blame them for profiting off you dopes.

But, for the non-dopes out there, why did wrestling lose its balls? I wonder what Abdullah the Butcher or Bruiser Brody or any of those guys would think about an article reporting a wrestler getting stitches. A broken bone? Something else that would require time off? Sure maybe. But stitches?!?

I guess making these guy look like wusses is ok, as long as you get people to click on your article of groundbreaking journalism.

2. Con T.

Con T. Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy

When I want opinions on blood in wrestling, Abdullah the Hepatitis Hippo is the last person I'm going to for an opinion

Mr. Artistic guy likes this.
  3. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

Great point OP. I never thought of this before but you are right. Back in Butcher and Brody's heyday I never saw a single internet article that mentioned any injuries they may have endured.

Keep up the great work. This topic is really threadworthy.

4. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Because Bruiser Brody was killed for being an unsafe prick. Did you ever stop to think wrestlers depend on their health greatly for their job?

Randys injury is an eye-catching story because it was complete and total accident. Not a planned spot. Meaning there was no safety to that ladder that randomly fell on its head. Wrestlers still have balls. They just also grew a brain and realized that martyring themselves isn't worth it.

5. BaconBits

BaconBits PM me your cat's farts.

He got busted open the hard way. That's why it was a big deal.

6. TootsieBear

TootsieBear Pre-Show Stalwart

I have always heard Bruiser Brody was murder for no reason. I would like to know why you say that about him. Because I have only read about his death in Mick Foley's book, and how Bruiser Brody was pointlessly murdered.

7. Poop Master Flex

Poop Master Flex Mid-Card Championship Winner

I don't think wrestling has lost his balls. WWE did the day that Chris Benoit went all apeshit but then again it was either that or go out of business, being a publicly traded company doesn't help matters either. Even if WWE wanted to go in a non PG direction that would take a hell of a lot of convincing for it to happen.

All in all the reason this became a news story is because of 2 reasons:

1) Seeing that much blood isn't something that fans see every day.
    2) He was opened up the hard way

Also with Orton being opened up I've so far heard 2 very different reactions. A lot of fans are praising that he finished the match while others are feeling he should have stopped because of the whole concussion thing. It's not just wrestling, society in general is much more sensitive to these type of things, everyone bitches about everything.

Take an awesome movie like Django for example, how many people shit on that movie because it pulled no punches and instead of going the conservative route? At the end of the day it's a movie, who gives a shit but tell that to the sensitive types out there.

To answer your question wrestling didn't lose its balls, society lost its balls and WWE had to follow suit.

8. ABMorales787

He had a knack for disobeying bookers ignoring spots called by other wrestlers or refs, wrestled very stiff and would go into business for himself even on camera. Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked. Its why the murderer was never charged. Even if that was bullshit in itself.

Look up a match between Brody and Lex Luger in steel cage with Bill Alfonso as the ref. They both tell the story of how Brody simply stopped cooperating mid-match because he was a babyface in that territory but for a different promotion.

Blade likes this.
  9. Poop Master Flex

Interesting. I heard it was because he was trying to take over WWC and the people running it took exception.

10. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I too miss seeing wrestlers' balls. Just, man, their balls. I wanna see balls. Why, often times when I'm watching oiled up men rub against each other - in between accepting awards for best chest hair, tearing tree trunks out of the ground and asking questions of people while simultaneously calling them names for some reason - I'll point out the actually non-existent difference between 'wrestling' and 'sports entertainment.' The main difference, presumably, is the lack of balls. And hepatitis. Many of the beautiful women in attendance will often spontaneously break out into applause.

11. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

I was not under the impression that a) Varys is real & b) is a wrestler. "The Master of Whisperers" would be a cool nickname, but I dont see a eunuch gimmick going over in the WWE today. Although, they almost pulled the castration trigger with Val Venis back in the day when he pissed off Kaientai, so I guess we will never know.

#WeChoppyChoppyYourPeePee

Oh, this is about stitches for Randy Orton? Well thats a strange thread title then.

12. George Steele's Barber

C'mon guys, stop it. This is super serious. Wrestlers today are not as tough as in the past (Cowboy Bob Orton competed with a broken arm) and internet journalists write stories on the internet that would be frowned upon on the internet in the 80's. What the hell happened to internet wrestling journalism?

13. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost squashed Disco Inferno to become

Where's that Steven Regal "He's man's maaaaaaaaan" video when you need it?!

14. Poop Master Flex

[YOUTUBE]jW9cnAbiyrA[/YOUTUBE]

15. nightmare

Clearly for such a written travesty the author would have had is modem blocked from submitting any further stories. Someone use their giant cell phone to call the head office. Ill be over here drinking a Tab & watching the newest episode of Magnum P.I.

16. Wolf Pac

Wolf Pac Mid-Card Championship Winner

[​IMG]

Spidey likes this.
  17. HeenanGorilla

Aww poor thing. You had to go back and make another joke about there being no internet in the 80s, because no one laughed at your first one. Sometimes, you just have to let a great joke go when it falls on deaf ears.

Or, maybe it's that I said "article", which existed before the internet, stupid. And you even brought in a kayfabe injury, to address....a point I didn't make.

I think your best bet would be to make an additional joke proving what a moron you are--like all of your posts on this site aren't proof enough--and just watch the laughs pour in.

I actually found the other guys' responses humorous. But, as always, George Steele's Barber is there to misread clearly written words. This throwing good money after bad technique with your out of place jokes though, that is new, right? Hey, a new bit! ...and just as awful as everything else you spew.

My point in bringing up the wrestlers of yesteryear was not to imply--I can't believe I have to actually clarify this, sorry intelligent people--that the internet existed in the 70s and 80s, but that an article (in such things as magazines--again, sorry to those with brains) about a wrestler's stitches would have been dismissed.

Defending myself to George Steele's Barber...it's like ducking in your car when you pass a low branch. You know it's pointless, but you do it anyway. I will say this though, you probably have made more people laugh than a branch has. Probably...

18. George Steele's Barber

Yes. Wrestling journalism of the 70s and 80s had the same accessibilty, interest, and capacity as today.

And they were staples, not stitches. Small pieces of metal inserted into the skin over the skull used to fuse a large gash together in order to prevent additional bleeding, allow faster healing, and minimize scarring.

And the guy wrestled the next night. Go tell Orton that he seems castrated to you.

19. Lee

Lee WZCW's Titus
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

There was internet in the 70s and 80s. Y2Jake joined the forum in 1972.

20. #tamale

#tamale Marry me Billie Kay!!!

Of all the things to pick a beef against wrestling journalism, you pick that the injury a wrestler suffered wasn't gory enough and therefore makes him look like a pussy because it was reported?

Boiled down

GSB > You

21. nightmare

GSB keeps us all in stitches, whereas you can be summed up with this video..

[YOUTUBE]qYQ-u9mnUGw[/YOUTUBE]

Now are you really mad at GSB for being funnier than you, or just mad at yourself for posting terrible threads?

22. HeenanGorilla

Oh my God, you're truly the stupidest person I've encountered. It's unreal! I was getting a kick out of it before, but now it's alarming. Not to me, you're an idiot somewhere else..I don't care. But for you, it's so sad!

Accessibility, interest and capacity are what stopped stitches from being a story back then??? Hahaha! Oh man, at least I see how mindless you are now. I was torn between it being a poorly played part by you or you being a moron. It is confirmed: the latter. (Can't wait til this illiterate fool responds next, saying that he is not a ladder.)

I didn't report them as stitches, dummy. This site did...and still does. How a definition would enforce that point doesn't make sense either. Even if I was the one who reported the wrong thing, it wouldn't mean I didn't know the difference between the two. But, that's between you and the bad reporters here.

I also clearly said I took nothing away from Orton, idiot. So, when I attack you for not being able to read, you respond with more and more proof that you can't read. How do you survive? You seem like you would get lost putting on a t-shirt.

I guess this is an ok exchange. I get laughter out of your foolishness and you're too dumb to realize how dumb you are and don't take offense. Win/win.

23. ABMorales787

5 paragraphs to defend yourself from a sarcastic joke. And yet it still flies over your head we're simply more aware nowadays and have a far better access to worldwide happenings now than back then.

Its not that people dismissed someone being cut open back then. Its just that they didnt have a vehicle to express it with fast enough. Its today and the news will still miss a few things. Why would wrestling be different?

tdmoon likes this.
  24. ABMorales787

Meanwhile we get a kick out of your ignorance and ridiculous need to defend such a pointless argument.

25. George Steele's Barber

I'm glad to bring you such joy. Can't wait for your next 'wrestling and wrestlers are not what they used to be but I keep on watching and going to dirt sheets and making posts on internet wrestling discussion forums' thread.

BTW, just because I am not going to take the time to prove that reporters in the 70s and 80s reported on injuries doesn't mean it didn't happen. Dirt sheets are garbage but in this case they just reported something that Orton apparently put out on Twitter and I'm pretty sure the announcers mentioned on Raw.

Fuck, getting twelve staples is a pretty big deal. Wrestling the next night is crazy ballsy. Especially in 2014 and you are guy like Orton who isn't hard up for the money, has a pretty safe spot in the company, and knowing what we know about blood diseases and head injuries. Who are you to challenge the severity of the injury and whether or not people should care?

Orton's injury is a hell of a lot more interesting than Emma's petty theft arrest.

You and Little Bitch Kid get people to defend the shitstorm that are dirt sheets. You are lower than dirt sheets. That's not good.