Carmella: The first to not cash in the MITB briefcase?

Discussion in 'World Wrestling Entertainment' started by wrestlingmasters55, Jan 18, 2018.

1. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was kinda wondering about this the last time i saw her on TV. She won the Briefcase in June i believe, they made such a big deal about it when she won it, she was riding a wave a momentum then suddenly, she slowly became part of the scenery and they barely mention anything about the briefcase anymore. It's feel like they gave her the briefcase, had an idea at the time and then change they're mind and completely forgot about it. Now we'Re starting mania season, so the focus won'T be on her at all and i doubt they would have her cash in the briefcase during that period so that leave us with probably what, a month and a half for her to cash in the briefcase before it's null and void.

So this got me worried a little bit since they made such a big deal about the first women's MITB match and now it feel like it'S completely forgotten and they might not even think of a way for her to cash it in and win the belt in the process. So unless something major is in place and they really want to put everything behind her again, it feel like she might be the first one to lose the briefcase without cash it in.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  2. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

I doubt they dont won’t cash it in but I know what you mean. They seemed to tease it every week and now it’s not, which to be fair isn’t to bad, it can get annoying when someone has the briefcase but with Carmella I didn’t think that way. I said it before and I’ll say it again, since her costume change (from like a hip hop look to a ****ty gymnast look) I just can’t take her serious anymore. It would’ve been perfect if Big Cass was not injured as they probably could’ve been in the mixed match challenge together even if they are on different brands.

Anyways I really like Carmella. She use to have a cool look (to be fair it doesn’t hurt the eyes), can talk on the mic and isn’t the worst in the ring, like I can see her being real good. I think she waits until after Mania, depending how on who SD use as their challenger, to cash in the contract. I’m hoping she wins the title soon as she is one of my favourites to watch. I know what you mean though, it’s seeming like she’s a bit of an after thought, but everything has been lackluster since Shane and Bryan anyways so maybe it’ll pick up again.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  3. The Life Of Pablo Ren

The Life Of Pablo Ren I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

Wait, I'm confused... what do you mean? The title makes it sound like they're just gonna forget to have her cash it in, which obviously won't happen.

Then later on you make it sound like she'd be the first one to lose the briefcase to someone else and never cash it in, which she wouldn't be the first to do. It happened to Kennedy back in 2007.

In any case, I don't see any way it's happening. They aren't going to waste the first ever women's MITB like that. Depending on what Charlotte does at WrestleMania, if the rumored horsewoman/horsewoman match is happening, we might see a cash in fairly soon to get the title off of Charlotte. If she's in a singles match at WrestleMania for the title, Carmella would have almost 3 months after that. It's gonna happen.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  4. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

This is nothing new. She can still cash in any time from now until Mania. She may not be successful or she may lose the title back. Cashing in at Mania may be the only way she gets on the card. The most likely way she never cashes in is if she gets hurt or released or something.

5. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

They have until June to scramble up something so I'm sure they will. They won't simply forget to do the cash in. If the WWE higher ups do not want her winning the title, they'll likely just have her fail the cash in. It's the first women's Money in the Bank so I'm betting it'll be a memorable cash in attempt. Perhaps Wrestlemania. Whether she wins or not, I really don't know.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  6. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh she'll cash it in at some point, my guess would be WrestleMania in order to make the first women's MITB cash in a more memorable one. She'll probably cash it in after the SmackDown Women's Championship match where Charlotte has retained or dropped it to whomever and the champ is tired, etc.. She might also inject herself into the match in a similar manner to Seth Rollins did at WrestleMania XXXI.

But yeah, while attention to detail and continuity on the main roster isn't what it should be, it hasn't slipped nearly so far as they'd just let the deadline to cash in an MITB contract run out.

7. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

I was never really fun of Carmella or her work as a heel. I think she's not there yet and her entire interesting part of, sadly, James Elsworth.

I've talked plenty of times about the two divisions feeling unbalanced, but we'll see where they're going. What I don't understand is why, since they wanted to make Natalya the champ at Summerslam, why didn't they give her the brefcase two months before that?

Dagger Dias likes this.
  8. Azane

Azane Mid-Card Championship Winner

WWE realized teasing it every single show for a year was awful, so they let it drop and will try to make us forget and cash it in an actual unexpected time.

Dagger Dias and #hamler like this.
  9. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

This is a fairly good point and it's something WWE has needed to rejuvenate a pretty tired idea. Cash ins are hardly a big surprise anymore as they tease the hell out of it for months before it actually happens. I like the idea of almost completely forgetting Carmella has the contract until she surprises us all and cashes in. Itll bring life back into the Money in the Bank concept that it's been needing since Dolph Ziggler cashed in in 2013.

10. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

They just kinda gotten themselves in a bad time frame with Carmella. They wanted to push Charlotte after Ric Flair and documentary. But then if Carmella failed to cash in it would be ankward because Corbin failed in that time. After that they had Elsworth contract and him gone. And now they are kinda in a limbo with Riot Squad and first women Royal Rumble match and prospects like Rousey on the way in. I guess they could make Rousey interfere and take out Charlotte and Carmella to cash in. But then she would play second fiddle to that match up even with the title around her shoulders. If it was last year she would cash in on Naomi by now and we would be out of that. Now its kinda really bad time for it and even WWE knows it. If they want it to be big they would do it after the dust settles after Mania. Now she would be afterthought even if she cash in. Though dont see some great prospect in her anyway. It would be last year and Naomi all over again.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  11. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

There hasn’t been a good time for her to cash in yet, but I’m assuming she will shortly after Mania.

They aren’t mentioning it because they want it to be a surprise.

She might fail, but I think they want the first female MITB winner to successfully cash in.

As for her actual reign, who knows. She hasn’t been too interesting since Ellsworth has been gone, but I feel a lot of that is because of booking. She hasn’t really had a storyline as Smackdown tends to put all the women in one segment. In those, everyone only has time to get in their scripted lines or catchphrase, which always come across as unnatural. Carmella showed some promise in her feud with Nikki, so maybe she can have the chance to do that again and actually do it.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  12. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Which is exactly how a proper cash-in should be done. Edge says hello.

13. mooseman

mooseman Pre-Show Stalwart

I realize she won it on a Smackdown PPV but did they ever actually say she has to cash it in on SD? Perhaps as a huge surprise they have her switch brands and do it. That could happen potentially Monday at RAW 25 or what I think is more likely at Elimination Chamber since I believe thats a RAW ppv. They can have the 1st women's EC match. Final 2 being Nia Jax and either Bailey or Banks. Have Jax dominate whichever woman it is but have the woman surprise her with a roll up victory. Jax snaps and destroys her. Jax leaves and then Carmella's music hits she comes out and cashes in. It creates drama as to whether it was a legal cash in or not, is a legit surprise because she's on SD and helps turn Carmella into the female Edge playing the ultimate opportunist role. It also provides a pretty memorable moment for the first women's cash in. On a personal note apparently they're pushing the Carmella/Cass relationship on Total Divas. Assuming they're still together it puts them on the same show when Cass returns sometime after Mania.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  14. wrestlingmasters55

Staff Member Moderator

Total divas was taped months ago, as of this writing, she broke up with Cass. Apparently from what she told in a interview, it was because Cass got super depress after his injury and he's as a bad attitude about it and she could take this anymore so she broke up with him. So the chance of seeing them together as a pair on either show is probably slim to none at this point unless they get back together when Cass is ready to comeback.

15. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

I hope they are still able to capitalize and give Carmella a run with the Women's title and make a new star In the women's division. She could be a top star in the women's division and has the look, the character, mic skills and charisma much like Alexa Bliss. But she definitely has lost some steam in the past few months with the in consistent booking. Say what you want about James Ellsworth but there's no denying that he was over and Carmella road his coat tails to help make a name for herself.
    I think after the Rumble and they scrap The Riot Squad storyline which has been flop might be the time for Carmella to cash in and get a push. Charlotte is the right opponent for Carmella and I think she could really elevate her. Charlotte has name value and could help carry and put Carmella over and hopefully give her the rub.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  16. SportsNation2K7

SportsNation2K7 Dark Match Winner

I could see something along the lines of her getting "injured" sometime after mania. Then we have MITB comes around. Let's say Becky Lynch wins MITB earlier in the night then after the women's title match, we have Becky cash in MITB to win the title then a few minutes later Carmella comes out and cashes her MITB case to win.

17. wrestlingmasters55

Staff Member Moderator

Nice idea the only problem is that as soon as somebody else wins the MITB briefcase, the previous winners briefcase becomes null and void so they couldn't do this plus with MITB becoming a dual brand ppv again, I wouldn't be surprise if they just scrap doing another women's match this year.

18. Charismatic Enigma

Charismatic Enigma Grand Slam Champion

I have a pretty solid (and unexpected) booking idea for what to do with Carmella and the MITB case, that would also help to get her massive heat...

She wins the Royal Rumble.

She goes on to WM, presumably against Charlotte. The second the bell rings she runs over and nails Charlotte with the briefcase and knocks her out cold. They announce Charlotte the winner and still champ by DQ. Then she simply cashes in the MITB, and pins Charlotte's unconscious body to become champion at WM to a sea of boos.

Then she's already got her next program built in about how Charlotte was robbed at Mania.

19. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

After winning it, she had a couple of decent promos and some momentum this past summer. It's been lost for a long time now though. Smackdown should've used the cash in on Nattie when she was champion at one of the Smackdown brand PPVs. Then give her a title run to ultimately lose to Charlotte. It's wasted now