Who wins this match up?

• Fabulous Moolah

• Ivory

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a second round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Big-O2.jpg

The-Fabulous-Moolah.png

#1 Fabulous Moolah

VS.

wwe-16.jpg

#9 Ivory

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Ivory was very very very good... but she isn't the one to take out the Lou Thesz of this tournament. Moolah was (to paraphrase Mr Flair) 'the woman' for decades, Ivory may have held the WWe belt three times but it's hard to say she ever really was the head of the division.

If there is but one blemish on Moolah's record, and it is a doozy, is the night she stabbed her own protege, Wendi Richter, in the back for the WWF Women's strap. It went to show that there was a limit for her advancing the cause of Women's wrestling.

In the case of Ivory, there are some of you that might look at the Dave McLane Promotions, GLOW and POWW, with a snicker and a grunt. However, to McLane's and Dick the Bruiser's eternal credit, they tried to make GLOW a serious promotion for at least 18 months. When they gave up control was when it got stupid.

However, Moolah would have beaten Ivory in a straight up match. Da Moolah for da win.

What's that saying, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it? I got live for Ivory as she was a mainstay in the women division during the Attitude Era. However see never wrestled in multi-generation eras (then again not to many wrestlers did), nor did she really appeal to the masses like Sable, Trish, and other females of her time. Screwjob aside, Moolah will always be a historic figure in regards to women's wrestling, maybe even being the standard. Mad respect to Ivory, but Moolah wins here.

This would have been a pretty good match. Ivory is certainly no slouch, but regardless of what Ivory had done in her time, she still fails in comparison to what Moolah did over decades.

Moolah wins this one but it isnt a squash by far.

I was always a big fan of Ivory, she was hot and definitely one of the most skilled women in the WWF in the Attitude Era, but she comes up short aganst arguably the greatest of all time.

I'm not going to list Moolah's accolades, except for one. She became the oldest champion in wrestling history at No Mercy when she won the WWF Women's Title at the age of SEVENTY SIX...and who did she beat? Ivory!

If she could beat her as a senior citizen, I've no doubt she'd have beaten her in her prime.

Vote Moolah

Ironic that we actually saw the two of them in the ring at the same time, with Ivory obviously instructed (read: warned) not to hurt a 114-year-old woman.

Loved Ivory's ring skills, which were superior to most any other lady wrestler (I remember when they were called that).

Still, Moolah is Moolah and she wins with a lot of hair pulling and strutting around the ring.

This is a classic Flair-Steamboat type match with Tina Ferrari winning in the end. Moolah dominated in a time when the women's division was weak. A prime Ivory defeats prime Lillian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back