Can the WWE PPV's Get More Rap/Hip Hop Themes?

dude lol... either you dont know hip hop, or you do. Let me fill you in, there's a difference between HIP HOP and RAP. Example Lupe, Most Def, Common, Kanye West's albums... Jay-z's albums, Nas Albums, Bun B's last 3 albums are Hip Hop. Rap is Pastor Troy, 3 Six Mafia, Lil Scrappy, Gucci Mane, Solja Boy, Boosie and Weebie, Waka Flocka. It's a real difference .between the two. Further more its not rambling dude, just read it like a normal person not some internet geek with sweaty palms looking at the WWE Divas do moves... man up dude.

dude lol... either you dont know hip hop, or you do. Let me fill you in, there's a difference between HIP HOP and RAP. Example Lupe, Most Def, Common, Kanye West's albums... Jay-z's albums, Nas Albums, Bun B's last 3 albums are Hip Hop. Rap is Pastor Troy, 3 Six Mafia, Lil Scrappy, Gucci Mane, Solja Boy, Boosie and Weebie, Waka Flocka. It's a real difference .between the two. Further more its not rambling dude, just read it like a normal person not some internet geek with sweaty palms looking at the WWE Divas do moves... man up dude.
Bruh, you have a Kanye West avatar and your telling to "man up"? Lol! I'm not Taylor Swift, and I know my Hip-Hop/Rap. And I know what I named the thread youngster. The Rock N' Roll has burnt out with the PPV themes. It's time for something different. And I was saying that the WWE should bring in more Hip-Hop/Rap themes since we heard so little of it in the WWE period.

Come correct next time and not so ignored sleezy.

I do agree with you though, they should use more hip hop/ rap music. Yet like I said certain songs that would be a good idea would be a hot button with the WWE with the whole PG thing, and even if it wasn't PG you can't pop off with the "N" word in certain songs, it would be a PR nightmare. Also I like the top 5 list of rap groups, I'd have to put in Onxy in there though. I had a discussion about something similar to this on my radio show a few months ago with the whole WWE not using hip hop/ rap music as much as I think they should.

Being a big rap fan I know my stuff and I know that if you ever take a look at the Billboard charts and what's actually selling, it's all Rap/Hip Hop music with a little bit of pop and dance style pop mixed in. The amount of rock/metal that actually charts is extremely low. Rap may not be accepted by all, but over the years it's certainly become accepted by the masses or at least the few people left who are still buying music. Go check out the latest billboard charts and take a look.

No thanks.

I'm partial to a bit of (good) hip hop, but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to wrestling themes. Hip hop isn't the sound of wrestling. Shitty rock music is. I hate them as a band, but I want to hear Nickelback when I watch Raw - because that's wrestling music. Flo Rida is not. Limp Bizkit are a fucking awful band. But they came out with the best Wrestlemania theme in 2001.

That's wrestling, folks.

Being a big rap fan I know my stuff and I know that if you ever take a look at the Billboard charts and what's actually selling, it's all Rap/Hip Hop music with a little bit of pop and dance style pop mixed in. The amount of rock/metal that actually charts is extremely low. Rap may not be accepted by all, but over the years it's certainly become accepted by the masses or at least the few people left who are still buying music. Go check out the latest billboard charts and take a look.

Might be on top of the charts but there selling crap. Thats why artists from the 80s and 90s have sold 20 30 or 40 million copies of an album with most artists going over 1 million sold first week back in the 90s. Now most of the number 1 albums sell 150,000 copies and they think there good.

I dont care whats played at PPVs because I dont even pay attention to the music. Im watching a PPV for the matches, not the song that plays inbetween them.

I honestly don't think WWE PPV's should use more rap or hip hop as their themes, we already have to deal with the rock songs they choose as their themes. Best one i remember they used was Limp Bizkit's "My Way" for WMX7 and Metallica's "St. Anger" for Summerslam 2003, those were perfect choices.

One song i wanna see them use as a theme is Lamb Of God's "King Me" for either Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania 28. Though since the latter's at Miami, they'll use some rap sh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back