Calgary Region, Second Round: (11) Harlem Heat vs.(22)Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Harlem Heat

• Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

11.jpg

11. Harlem Heat

Vs.

7b4a6fa0667055b148a0da8bdb0aee65.jpg

22. Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

The Harlem Heat may've squeaked by the Hollywood Blonds but there's no way they get over Bockwinkel, Stevens and Heenan here. Bockwinkel and Stevens were on top of the AWA tag team scene when the AWA still meant something. They regularly beat teams like Verne Gagne and Billy Robinson, Bruiser and Crusher, The Vachons, and The Texas Outlaws.

Winners: Bockwinkel and Stevens

Stevie Ray and Booker T were a great team. Bockwinkel and Stevens were an exceptional team. Heenan trumps Sherri as a Manager. I just cannot see Heat winning this. It would be a great match. But, Harlem Heat loses.

I hate to vote against Harlem Heat so early in the tournament but that's what I did. I've seen very very little of Bockwinkel and Stevens. I'm going by what I've read and what I've read is these guys were awesome. They seem to have universal respect and their reputations hold up decades after their careers ended despite competing in the often overlooked AWA. I hope WWE Network starts showing some AWA stuff so I can see more of these two.

Bockwinkel and Stevens were amazing as a tag team. And were legit tough and I'm also pretty sure they were racists. At least they are in my mind (for kayfabe purposes only).

Harlem Heat dominated a rather weak tag division that had the Steiners on their last legs as a tag team, Luger and Sting while they were not exactly getting along, and the American Males... who beat them TWICE for tag belts, btw.

Bockwinkel and Stevens wouldn't lose to a team called the American Males.

Give it to Bock and Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back