C Round 1; 43 Soul calibur v 86 Sim City 2000

?

• Soul Calibur

• Sim City 2000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Soulcalibur.jpg

v

SimCity_2000_Coverart.png

Oh man, this looks like a tough choice here for myself, I played the hell out of Sim City 2000, and I'm an absolute legend when it comes to Soul Calibur, but I have to go Soul Calibur here. It is one of my favorite fighting games, on one of my favorite consoles the Dreamcast. I always had epic battles with my friend Tyler, his uncle Greg, and myself back in the day. We used stay up til 5 am just tearing into each other, and it probably is the first fighting game I could say I became great at. The running tag line for that game for me was the Mitsurugi vs. Taki match up. I always had the speed and agility with Taki, while my friend Tyler had the power with Mitsurugi. Every match we had would end up with the winner having a tiny sliver of health left, with the loser fuming over the close loss.

Simcity 2000 was a great game, but it got boring and tedious after awhile. Eventually you would build your city so big, you couldn't add anything to it,a nd the only thing left to do is cause disaster after disaster and see the destruction rain down. The micromanaging in the game was great as well, but just didn't provide the fun that Soul Calibur did.

Soul Caliber is my favorite fighting game bar none. Characters are great, and not to mention the graphics are good also. Add that to the hate I have for the entire Sims series, and Soul Caliber gets my vote here.

While like Ty I had some amazing memories playing this game on the Dreamcast at a friend's house who had an amazing collection of games, I still have to vote for Sim City 2000 here. Mostly because I'm sure Soul Caliber is going to win pretty easily here, but I feel Sim City deserves some damn votes.

It was just so much better than it's predecessors, and for someone like me who loves the ability to create your own city/country/universe, I was a sucker for it and played it for a couple of years. This and Rollercoaster Tycoon dominated my early PC gaming days. So it gets the nod from me here.

Sim City 2000.

Soul Calibur was fun, and will probably win. Oh well. It's not like it absolutely doesn't deserve it. However, I'm voting for Sim City 2000. Because as Xfear said, it deserves at least a few votes.

Sim City 2000 was HARD. Mostly because I was something around 10 when I played it, lulz. But still. The level of challenge I got from that game was crazy. This was in the time of "Here. Play Super Mario World and be happy." I had never been confronted with a game with that sort of micro-management. It actually kept my attention, if that tells you anything. I was the type of kid to storm through something and move on quickly. But I would sit at my dad's computer for hours playing this game.

Also, any game that allows you to take such sadistic pleasure in uploading a massive pre-made city just to destroy it with 10 different disasters at once deserves my vote.

Soul Calibur will most likely win. But Sim City gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back