C Round 1; 34 Super Metroid v 95 FIFA 08

?

• Super Metroid

• FIFA 08

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Smetroidbox.jpg

v

FIFA_08_Coverart.png

FIFA 08 did the impossible and surpassed the PES series in every aspect - the fact that me, a loyal PES fan is forced to admit this is evidence of it's quality and overall polish. Metroid is probably going to get a lot of votes but I was never really interested until it became 3D - it never even had an incarnation on the N64 - probably a sign on Nintendo's own faith in the series.

Well, any soccer (or football for the rest of the world) game just isn't going to make it very far in this tournament, sorry soccer fans. Too many Americans on these forums, and none of us give two shits about soccer in any way, and thus a soccer game obviously isn't going to appeal to us very much.

Plus, it's up against Super Metroid, a truly bad-ass game by any definition. Metroid is going to take this one easily, and it received my vote.

I have to go with metroid on this one because it's an undienably fun and classic game and we're still taking about it years after it came out. Now i'm not trying to take anything away from FIFA but it's just another sports game in my eyes don't get me wrong it's a fun game but i prefer Super Metroid. Metroid should move on but who knows every sport has a huge fan following so maybe FIFA will sneak past Super Metroid but i doubt it.

There is no way FIFA 08 is going to beat Super Metroid. Sports games in general are in an awkward position when it comes to a video games tournament because there will always be improvements in next year's edition. Mostly everybody buys the 09' edition of a sports game and sells their 08' game around the same time, it's only natural, there are not very many people who still play Madden 05' do they? I don't think so, which makes it difficult for me to vote for a sports game. Not being a big soccer fan is another reason why I am not voting for FIFA.

Super Metroid actually has the potential to go really far in this tourny, but I am afraid that not many people are familiar with the franchise, but we'll see when the voting is done. Super Metroid is an excellent game, Samus Aran is the best female protaganist in video game history, and for a good reason: All of her games kick ass, Metroid is one of the few big franchises that never had a bad game made yet. Super Metroid wins easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back