C Round 1; 10 Final fantasy VII v 119 Oddworld; Abes oddysee

?

• FF VII

• Oddworld

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Ffviibox.jpg

v

256px-Abe%27s_Oddysee_Cover.jpg

Final Fantasy as a series, and VII in particular are horrendusly overrated - but still better than a pretty boring and unlikeable game in Oddworld - I didn't really like anything about it - so FFVII has to win - but when it comes up against a game I actually like, I'll explain why I don't think it's the be all end all of gaming that everyone makes it out to be.

Oddworld is OK, to be honest I found it frustrating and the controls unresponsive. That kind of adventure game became obsolete when the magnificent Flashback came out.
As for Final Fantasy VII, there's a reason it's never out of the Top Ten lists, despite being 12 years old. It's because it's the best game story ever made and stories have a longevity beyond graphics.

Well I predict an absolutely epic landslide victory for FFVII here. How can you possibly justify NOT voting for it?

Oddworld isn't a bad game, I seem to remember enjoying it for a few weeks as a rental back on the old PS.

But it's facing Final fucking Fantasy VII. Do we need to even explain why this is one of the greatest video games ever to come into existence, possibly the greatest? I'm sure someone much more adept with the franchise than myself will gladly delve into the specifics of what makes it so great. I don't really need to. It's FINAL FANTASY VII FOR GOD'S SAKE! That's like trying to explain why Citizen Kane is a good film, do you actually need to?

Oddworld sucks. Everything about it. An argument for FF doesn't even need to be made, which is why i'm keeping it short. It is just better in every aspect. FF gets my vote and easily.

I love Oddworld, It's a fantastically difficult game, great story and decent Graphics, I loved having to work out how to take control of the guards at the right time to avoid being shot to death, Its a vastly underated game.....However. This is Final Fantasy VII I dont think I will vote against this game all tournament as I believe it to be the best game ever made. I'm sure I will have to go into detail about why when this draws Ocarina of Time somewhere down the line so I shall save my arguements for much more challenging games than Oddworld.

Bottom Line : Abe's good but this is Final Fantasy VII's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back