Bull Dempsey, two other talents gone from NXT

@smarkmouth

Friendly Neighborhood
There's not much to say about the releases of Sylvester Lefort or Marcus Louis, but as for Bull Dempsey, I'm not surprised. He was decent as an unstoppable monster, but that role was refitted to Baron Corbin. After that, we had some fat shaming then a silly comedy gimmick.

All in all, no big loss. Something something, future endeavors.

Hmm those first two names sound familiar but I couldn't tell you what they looked like, were they involved in the show at all?

As for Bull, he was always my least favourite member of the roster, especially when he was feuding with Corbin. That was probably NXT's worst feud ever. But I'm still surprised because he was continuously featured on the show which made me think management liked him. But I'm sure he will have no shortage of work on the indies.

Honestly, with the amount of "known" or 'higher end' talent that NXT is going out and acquiring, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the beginning, which would be a good thing for fans. If you're mailing it in down in NXT Development, and you see them starting to trim the fat, this hopefully is a wake-up call to step up your game. And for the record, I called it - I said Bull Dempsey wouldn't be around in a year. Three down, and a lot more to come...

"Two other talents!?" Sylvester LeFort deserves to be in the title.

Bull Dempsey:

With CJ Parker moving on to greener pastures, who are you going to have job out to the debuting Big Deals now? Nakamura's going to have kick the shit out of Sawyer Fulton, is he? Shortsighted.

Sylvester LeFort:

I don't know what LeFort was oozing - it seemed too greasy to be personality, but he had that in abundance. Take him or leave him as an in-ring competitor but he could have been, and for a time was, a force as a manager. I shouldn't have to explain myself - just look at this fucking guy:

FUm6oNE.jpg

I am appalled.

Marcus Louis:

He had that one promo that Regal really liked; the one with all the gay jokes. Otherwise, he was briefly LeFort's lackey - and, considering Fulton's other lackeys include Rusev and Scott Dawson, not one of the better ones - and then had a psychotic breakdown that forced him to wear suit pants constantly. C'est la vie.

I won't really miss any of them. Nothing memorable comes to mind for LeFort or Louis. Weren't they the guys who Enzo and Cass feuded with after NXT Arrival two years ago, in what led to a hair vs hair match? They weren't terrible, but not awesome enough that I'd miss them. Bull on the other hand, was awful. His initial gimmick was stupid and boring. He only got worse with the whole "bull fit" thing, which was one of the worst character ideas I have seen in ages. They should have kept his eating chips gimmick. Randomly eating chips in backstage segments was the only thing he ever did that was remotely entertaining.

Honestly, with the amount of "known" or 'higher end' talent that NXT is going out and acquiring, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the beginning, which would be a good thing for fans.

Good call. Magno and Peter Howard have met the chopping block, bring today's current total to five. Early spring cleaning? More to come?

"Two other talents!?" Sylvester LeFort deserves to be in the title.

Forgive me, I only got into NXT around R Evolution. I've read that Enzo took the man's hair?

Sylvster LeFort lost to Enzo Amore in a hair vs. hair match but left his lackey, Marcus Louis, to take the punishment. Marcus Louis had a psychotic break after losing his hair, for some reason, and turned on LeFort. That was really the last either were seen on NXT, except for Louis having a random match with Finn Balor the show after Balor won the title.

Sylvster LeFort is also notable for this iteration of his constantly changing stable, The Legionnaires:

iwyTZxe.jpg

Just what a Bulgarian and... whatever Scott Dawson is were doing aligning themselves with a greasy Frenchman is hotly debated by academics to this very day.

So the count of released NxT wrestlers has gone to five. To be honest, I didnot like anyone of these guys to be sad about them leaving NxT. They were pretty much jobbers and due to influx of TNA, ROH & NJPW veterans in NxT, They pretty much had nothing to do in NxT.

Best wishes for them in indies, though.

:devil:

I'm gonna miss Bull to be honest. I thought he was alright. Marcus Louis was actually pretty terrifying after his psychotic break and Lefort at one time was pretty heavily featured in NXT. That being said, there's just too much talent coming in to not start making cuts. I'd be worried if I was somebody who has been kept off TV for a while. For some reason, I feel like they might get rid of Mojo.

I had a soft spot for Bull (pre Bullfit) but I think it had more to do with that NXT Midas touch. Not everything NXT does is gold, and getting turned into a comedy jobber before hitting the main roster is not money.

Bull Dempsey portrayed some people's worst fears for Kevin Owens in the form of Bullfit. Bull wasn't going anywhere, and isn't a huge loss. He's got a throwback look that he should be focusing on for a gimmick, hopefully he finds prosperity.

Lefort is the bigger loss of them all, if you can call any of them as a loss. He was an interesting character far more than he was a truly compelling wrestler. That might all be through those rosy NXT goggles as well.

The release of Bull Dempsey was inevitable IMHO, although having said that, he is a fat guy who does 2 moves, he would've done well on the main roster, HHH and Mr McMahon like fat lumps who do 2 moves, Rusev anyone?

The release of Bull Dempsey was inevitable IMHO, although having said that, he is a fat guy who does 2 moves, he would've done well on the main roster, HHH and Mr McMahon like fat lumps who do 2 moves, Rusev anyone?

Rusev is a fat guy? And he does only 2 moves? Really? :suspic:
Here are some moves he does:
*.Camel clutch, usually preceded by a stomp to the opponent's back
*.Oklahoma roll transitioned into a release German suplex
*.Jumping side kick
*.Body block, as a counter to an oncoming opponent
*.Diving headbutt
*.Fallaway slam
*.Multiple knee lifts to an opponent draped between the ring ropes
*.Running hip attack to a cornered opponent
*.Samoan drop
*.Spinning heel kick
*.Swinging side slam

:devil:

No surprise really to see these 3 released, with all the great talent in NXT at the moment and only a hour a week to display said talent it was only a matter of time before WWE released a few guys from the roster and with Nakamura debuting soon and Gallows and Anderson still to come I'm surprised one or two more were not released. I'm sure all 3 won't have a problem finding work on the Indy scene and I can even see LeFort being signed by ROH or TNA in the not to distant future.

That is too bad. I actually thought Dempsey was a little underrated and he was finally getting over under is comedy gimmick. Lefort and Louis were also good, although they haven't been anywhere near relevancy since losing to Enzo and Cass.

Only thing I remember about Louis and LeFort are the short feud with Enzo/Cass and the hair vs hair match as I believe that was one of the programs they had when I first started watching NXT.

I kinda liked Bull Dempsey once he got the Bull-Fit gimmick. Don't get me wrong, he's fat and he sucks, but there was just something about his gimmick that'd always get a short chuckle out of me. I remember one particular night Bull came out and there was a fat guy wearing a Bull Fit shirt so Bull posed with him, and I thought that was awesome. Shame, hopefully they all find good work elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back