Bruce Prichard Returning to Impact Wrestling

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by It's Damn Real!, Mar 1, 2017.

1. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/810...backstage-news-on-his-new-role-in-the-company

Update: @JRsBBQ: I can confirm @bruceprichard is joining @RealJeffJarrett at @IMPACTWRESTLING
    doing some on camera work & behind the
    camera. Debuts 3/9.

—

Any guesses here? The fact it's on-air has me baffled. His last on-air role was Gut Check, so unless they plan on bringing that back, I'm not sure what he's going to be doing.

2. Lowdown

Lowdown Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!

Maybe all this is due to the Twitter fiasco with Josh Matthews. Or maybe its to replace Pope on color commentary. I can't speculate either way, but this makes me think that there will be a shake up of that magnitude.

3. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

my question is this, was he ever in an on air role (besides tna gut check)?? Bruce (from what i seen) doesnt come off as a great on air character, but again, i havent really seen him enough to get an opinion on him as an on air character so that's why i'm questioning this. i hope (for Impact's sake) that Bruce is great as an on air character, but i'll wait and see here.

4. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Of course. He's Brother Love!

He doesn't have a ton of on-air experience, but he does have a wealth of industry experience, and honestly, he wasn't bad in Gut Check the last time around.

If he's on-air, that's fine. I just hope TNA knows not to go with the tired old "GM" model where whomever the on-air personality is ends up dominating half the show. Think Hogan, Bischoff, Carter, etc.

Less is more here.

5. Big Nick Dudley

I think Prichard can help. In reality, as long as it's not Dixie coming back in, it's a win.

Prichard knows wrestling and can provide experience. I suppose he could help get some bigger names to TNA, but I don't know how realistic that is right now. There's only one free agent out there who could possibly move the needle, and that's CM Punk. I'm 98% sure that won't happen, even if he and Prichard are friendly, so all in all, I don't know what Prichard can do to help out besides providing credible advice.