Brock's Opponents - up to Wrestlemania 34

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
What do you think?

Great Balls Of Fire - Samoa Joe
Think Joe will lose this but can come out of this looking really strong.

Summerslam - Brawn Strowman
Brawn looks like he is on the combac trial and will fight Roman Reigns and a win will propel him to number 1 contender.

Survivor Series - Team Smackdown
I would love to see Brock be on team Raw and how he interacts with other team mates.

Royal Rumble - 29 other superstars
Have Brock defend the Universal Championship in a Rumble match. Have him pick up the win.

Wrestlemania 34 - Roman Reigns
It is going to happen. Already put in place. Folk will be furious but I did actually enjoy their match at WM31.

I said it after Wrestlemania and would say it now: I dont buy it. Joe is just one off match but at Summerslam or some other PPV Brock will lose that title. Strowman, Rollins or Balor are gona take it from him. I just cant buy that you would have Brock as Champion for a year and then Reigns with also long title reign after because wouldnt buy that he will lose it soon after 2 years of not having one.

I've no interest in Lesnar being part of a Survivor Series team as it simply doesn't jive with what Lesnar is all about. WWE has promoted Lesnar as this mercenary, this special attraction that's primarily there only for money and one reason why that works is because it's 100% legitimate. Lesnar doesn't care about the boys and girls in the locker room, he doesn't care about fans, he doesn't particularly care about WWE for that matter because it's all about the big paycheck.

For me personally, I do not want to see Brock Lesnar win the Royal Rumble as it's just such a waste of the match itself. Barring some sort of injury to one, or both, or some sort of extremely major mishap that happens to one, or both, we know it's going to be Lesnar vs. Reigns at WrestleMania next year so either Lesnar or Reigns winning the Rumble would be 100% redundant.

I'm not a fan of Lesnar being Universal Champion just like I wasn't a fan of him being WWE Champion because he's not around very much. When he was WWE Champion, it was hard for me to be invested in someone, as champion, who came around once every 3 or 4 months to wrestle and that may well wind up being the same formula used for him as Universal Champion. It doesn't make the matches feel more special, it doesn't make them come off as "must see" events and it hasn't resulted in increased viewership so I just don't buy into the formula because it's obviously flawed.

Lesnar won't touch anything remotely resembling even a part time schedule so, for me as a fan, what's reported to be WWE's long term plan and based on the parameters of how Lesnar's deal is set up, I'm of the opinion that the best case scenario is this: sometime between the end of SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble, possibly Fastlane, Lesnar defends the title in singles matches against three other members of the Fatal Fiveway Extreme Rules match in Seth Rollins, Finn Balor and Bray Wyatt. These matches are competitive, the opponents giving Lesnar a strong challenge that ultimately results in the wrestlers themselves being elevated. Unless Lesnar is injured or something HUGE happens that results in Lesnar's push being halted, he's going to remain WWE Champion until WrestleMania 34 but that doesn't mean that these guys can't get a big rub by looking like stars against him instead of chumps. So barring Lesnar doing something to get such heat that his push is halted, he'd retain over Joe at Great Balls of Fire, gets past Strowman at SummerSlam, has to deal with, in no particular order, Balor, Rollins & Wyatt with all of them looking strong but ultimately coming up short. This paves the way for the final remaining Fatal Fiveway Extreme Rules match competitor, Roman Reigns, to get his shot at slaying the Beast. Reigns wins his 4th World Championship, beats Lesnar and ultimately comes off looking like the alpha male Vince wants.

If Lesnar squashes Joe at GBOF, then it'll lay the groundwork for the rest of Lesnar's challengers and I won't watch those matches; I'm long since tired of WWE making its wrestlers who weren't Attitude Era stars look like they should be lackeys packing Lesnar's bags instead of facing him in the ring. If that's the formula that they intend to keep to, then we have a very long, very dismal Raw main event scene. As a fan, I'd prefer Lesnar didn't keep the title until WrestleMania. Truth be told, I wouldn't have had him win the title in the first place but that's moot because it happened and there's nothing to be done about it. I wouldn't mind seeing Joe, Strowman, Balor, Rollins or Wyatt beat Lesnar for the title, wouldn't hurt my feelings one iota, but I don't think there's a strong chance of that happening IF Vince is really as set on giving Reigns yet another mega WrestleMania moment as he's reported to be.

Here's another possible scenario assuming hell in a cell is a raw ppv. Joe beats Brock at Great Balls of Fire. At Summerslam Brock wins the title back. Then they have the big rubber match at Hell in a Cell which will be in Minnesota- Brock's home state. Of course Brock will win there. Even though Joe holding the title for a month and a half is not long, getting a win over Lesnar would help him a lot and a trilogy between these two wouldn't be a bad thing, if done right of course.

Barring a change in direction, there's nothing else I want to see out of Brock. If he goes back to actually having wrestling matches where he performs more than 3 moves, and had some back and forth, there's plenty of fresh matchups out there.

Otherwise, let him lose to Braun at Summerslam and then bounce.

Sorry to break this to you guys but like it or not, Lesnar his getting a long title reigns since it's his last year of his current deal and they want to make a big deal out of it so with that said, here's how i see his title reign go

Great balls of fire: samoa Joe: we all know that this match will take place and it's probably going to be a big one, lesnar barely retains here.

Summerslam: Braun strowman: i'm guessing that strowman is coming back this week on raw to setup a no1 contenders match again Reigns. So after he wins that match he goes on to summerslam and you get a no contest.

Clash of champions: Braun Strowman: this is where Lesnar completly destroy strowman in my opinion and becomes the beast once again.

Survivor series: Finn Balor: i think they really want to do this match and why not do it at one of the big four. Balor give it all he'S got but doesn't win.

Royal rumble: Seth Rollins: What better way to set up a reigns/lesnar match then have Lesnar destroy rollins after he wins the match. they could use this as motivation for Reigns to win the rumble a beat lesnar for the title.

Wrestlemania: Roman Reigns. This is were he finally lose the title. They're 2 scenario possible here, a) If Lesnar resign with the company, you have a competitive match between reigns and Lesnar leading up to Reigns winning the title or b) if he doesn't resign, just have Reigns destroy Lesnar in 5 minutes and win the title. Either way, you give Reigns the win.

Who cares if he only does this for money and doesn't give two shits about the WWE in general? Anyone in WWE or hell any of us would take his kind of schedule for the amount of money he's making and not think twice about it. He blatantly said on Stone Cold's podcast his family is first. He goes to work, clocks in, does his thing and clocks out. Brock came back to WWE and they negotiated a deal where he wouldn't have to do what made him burn out and quit the first time and that was working a full time schedule always on the road. He was fresh off being the biggest draw in MMA, so of course Vince and company were going to satisfy him and there's nothing wrong with that.

Look I get that Brock's shtick isn't exactly popular around the IWC now, but you can see the crowd reactions during his matches with the suplexes. You can literally see the fans count and pop for each suplex. It's clearly working live so just because people on the internet aren't real fans of it doesn't mean it's something that needs to stop. I am personally not a huge fan of Raw and Smackdown simply because guys like Ambrose, Rollins, Miz, Wyatt don't interest me much. I am more a fan of seeing two titans go at it than the hour long technical wrestling so much of the internet jizzes about. I'm instantly more interested in a show when guys like Brock or Goldberg are announced as appearing or having a match.

I don't really care that he isn't around much with the title. Who else should have the title on Raw? Reigns? No one wants that anyway. Rollins? Yeah his first title run was so entertaining :rolleyes: Why not just have him drop the belt to someone who is going to piss you off more as champion? I would rather have Brock show up once every couple month and defend the title than see whatever is going on with Jinder Mahal on smackdown. Jinder facing Orton in a boring pay per view main event doesn't sound as appealing as Brock coming in and wrecking shit.

rge seriously you want to see Lesnar dominate the entire Smackdown locer room AND him defeat WWE's 29 top superstars? How do you even book RAW vs SD if you have Lesnar and let's say Reigns and Strowman as part of the RAW team? It would be nice but it just can't work.

I obivously don't know how they will do it, by my way is the following:

Great Balls of Fire
Brock Lesnar(c) vs Samoa Joe
Lesnar's first foe, Samoa Joe. This should be a quick match, Joe should get some offense in, but even if Joe manages to get the Clutch on Lesnar then he gains points. Lesnar should win with one F5, because simply put, you can't book everyone equal to Brock.

Summerslam
Brock Lesnar(c) vs Braun Strowman
Beast vs Giant. In order to get Strowman over, you need him to kick out of at least one F5. Strowman should inflict a lot of damage to Brock, but Lesnar, after 3 F5s, one where Strowman kicked out, one outside the ring and one final in the ring, should beat Strowman. Lesnar is already over as an unbeatable force and the point is to put his opponnents over as well.

Clash of Champions
Brock Lesnar(c) vs Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt
Triple Threat match. Beast vs Demon King vs God.
a) Bray is no threat against Brock.
b) The Demon King should be protected.
c) But you need to put the Demon King and the Eater of Worlds in the same ring with the Beast before he leaves.
That's what this triple threat match accomplishes. Their gimmicks will sell this one. Bray eats the pin of course.

Survivor Series
Brock Lesnar(c) vs AJ Styles
How? Well Survivor Series is about RAW vs Smackdown. Last year we saw Sami Zayn trying to get the IC title to RAW and Kalisto trying to do the same for the C title. This year, do the same, but with the world championships. Brock defends against the face of Smackdown, AJ Styles and the WWE Champ at that time will defend against a RAW wrestler. During the build have Brock annihilate the legends of SD, Orton and Cena once again. Beat the crap out of them. Have him invade and take out the SD roster. Styles goes in as the ultimate underdog and Smakdown's hope. However after an impressive performance, he loses.

Now you have Brock Lesnar at his most dominant form.

Royal Rumble
Brock Lesnar(c) vs The Shield: 3-on-1 No DQs Handicap Elimination match
What a draw that is. In all these months of Lesnar's dominance, have him F5 one member of the Shield at a time, in order to send a message each time. Not for some reason, they just happened to be in front of him. Reigns can get an F5 during Lesnar's feud with Braun for example and so on. This leads to the ultimate challenge, the Shield reforming to take out Lesnar. The two most dominant forces of the WWE since 2012, collide in the same ring.
How to book the match:
  • At first Lesnar looks equal against the Shield. The Shield seem like they have the upper hand and it's the first time that Lesnar seems to lose.
  • However, Reigns get injured in kayfabe and gets in the back. The odds now shift.
  • The match continues as a war. Ambrose gets eliminated though.
  • It's Rollins vs Lesnar one on one. Rollins does his best but seems helpless.
  • Reigns returns from the back, surprises Lesnar, Superman Punch, Spear with all the strength he still has left. He uses all of his energy to inflict great damage to Brock and then passes out.
  • Rollins now steps in equal footing and delivers the final blow and pins Lesnar!
Rollins the new Universal Champion and heads into Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania
Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
Lesnar goes for revenge. All the seeds are there for an epic feud. Both look strong heading into this AND it's not only about them anymore. Reigns beats Lesnar and maybe, just maybe after that, the fans won't hate Reigns all that much.

I know ultimately they want Roman Reigns to take the belt off of Lesnar however, don't count out a Brock Lesnar - Rock rematch at some point. I know Vince has wanted to do it the last couple of years, and if The Rock's schedule clears, they'll fit it in somehow, IMO.
It probably won't be at Wrestlemania because everyone and their brother knows that's when Reigns will beat Lesnar but it would most likely be at one of the "Big 4" PPVs.

I think that thinking about his opponents is totally pointless if they'll all end in one-sided matches. Also, if he isn't going to lose any of these matches, I'm not interested in them anymore.

If Brock doesn't feel lazy then I would like to see him against Bálor, Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman, Joe, Cesaro etc. An actual competitive match only.

The thing is will some IWC fans don't like lesnar because of his lazy one sided match. It doesn't change the fact that he's probably the most over guy in the promotion and fans just want him destroy guys. That's the appeal of lesnar to the common fans and that's not going to change.

Fans don't want to see copetitive matches with lesnar. He's a trainwreck guy and that's heis appeal. So will I'm not a lesnar fan, I get why they booked him the way they do, fans want to see lesnar destroyed guy and thatahy wwe are booking him the way they are. When fans will stop to pop everytimes he destroy somebody, wwe will book him in competitive matches.

I don't know who he faces from now until Mania, or at least past SummerSlam. He's going to face Joe and if it's booked correctly people will go crazy for it, the same with Strowman at S.S.

Plans are then going to change and I'll be very surprised if we get Lesnar vs. Reigns at Mania over Joe or Strowman II.

I see each of the Fatal Fiveway competitors as well as Strowman getting a match against Brock in the next several months. Joe will be first obviously. Summerslam against Strowman would follow, then Brock's match at Clash Of Champions (or whatever the Raw September event is) would probably go to Bray if Brock is working the event, Survivor Series I predict he has a match against Finn Balor, then Seth gets a match at the Rumble, and last would be Reigns at Wrestlemania 34. If Strowman and the Fatal Fiveway guys are indeed Lesnar's remaining opponents then I am personally fine with that. The matches have potential if we see more than Suplexes and F5's. My problem is not Lesnar's limited schedule but more with the part-time Universal Champion issue. Have Joe or Strowman defeat Brock. Let him be the evil heel monster he already is, just without the title. The Raw main event tier needs something to do instead of being stuck for the entire coming schoolyear before Roman Reigns "saves" us from Brock in a moment no one other than Vince wants.

Great Balls Of Fire: Lesnar vs Joe, set in stone (Lesnar retains, in a double knockout/countout/neither guy can continue shit finish

Summerslam: Fatal 4 way match: Lesnar vs Joe vs Strowman vs Reigns...Lesnar drops the title when somebody pins somebody that isnt Lesnar. He vanishes until Survivor Series.

Survivor Series: Team Raw, Lesnar a surprise last minute addition to join Reigns, Rollins, Balor and Cass vs Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Jericho and Zayn

Royal Rumble: Lesnar wins the 2018 Rumble, challenges the champion at Mania

Wrestlemania 34: Lesnar vs Reigns (c)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back