• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar's Best Match

What is Brock Lesnar's greatest match?

• Brock vs. Rock at SummerSlam 2002

• Brock vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell at No Mercy 2002

• Brock vs. Angle at WrestleMania 19

• Brock vs. Big Show vs. Angle at Vengeance 2003

• Brock vs. Angle at SummerSlam 2003

• Brock vs. Angle, Ironman Match

• Brock vs. Cena at Extreme Rules 2012

• Brock vs. Triple H at SummerSlam 2012

• Brock vs. Triple H, Cage Match at Extreme Rules 2013

• Brock vs. CM Punk at SummerSlam 2013

• Brock vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 30

• Brock vs. Cena at SummerSlam 2014

• Brock vs. Cena vs. Rollins at Royal Rumble 2015

• Brock vs. Reigns at WrestleMania 31

• Other (post a comment about it, fucker)

Results are only viewable after voting.
For some reason, I ocassionally go on this awful website called IGN. The other day that had an "article" where the author listed what he thought were Brock Lesnar's seven best matches in the WWE. It was a pretty shitty list overall, but it got me thinking about Lesnar's career and the great matches that he's had over the years. So I decided to cook up this poll, asking you guys what you think Lesnar's absolute best match has been. I tried to include a pretty comprehensive list of options, especially because I just talked shit about that IGN article, but if there's a great match I missed feel free to vote "Other" and leave a response telling me about the match and talking shit about how I could possibly forget to include it.

Why is BROCK LESNAR vs EDDIE GUERRERO from NO WAY OUT 2004 not on the list???

This was a classic.

***** match.

30+ minutes of excellent sports entertainment.

OP do your homework

Why is BROCK LESNAR vs EDDIE GUERRERO from NO WAY OUT 2004 not on the list???

This was a classic.

***** match.

30+ minutes of excellent sports entertainment.

OP do your homework

Yeah the Eddie match should probably be there.

Fuck.

But being that the Eddie match is probably the only notable "Other", we'll just pretend that the other category is just a stand in for that match. I mean, HHH vs. Brock from Mania 29 isn't on the list either, but that's deliberate. Fuck that match.

Not Serious - Brock Lesnar vs. Nobody - Smackdown (4/12/03)

Serious - Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble 2015 - This match single-handedly saved that PPV from being the worst PPV of all time. It had near falls, spots, and technical wrestling. IMO, it also cemented Seth Rollins status as a main event wrestler.

Lesnar vs. Angle WrestleMania 19. I`d say this match is the best match of Brock Lesnar`s career and probably would go down as the best.

A much anticipated match which had each elements a professional wrestling match should have. Moreover, it consisted a botch that could be remembered as the greatest botch ever which did nothing but add to the story.

I'm pretty surprised that the WrestleMania 19 match is leading in the poll. To be honest that much was a pretty average main event, and both their SummerSlam match and Ironman match were superior in my opinion. It just seemed like Lesnar was feeling pretty nervous and anxious about main eventing a Mania in his first year, and it showed. I mean, I still liked the match and the shooting star was crazy, but bell-to-bell it wasn't the best match of his career and wasn't even the best match at WrestleMania 19.

I ended up voting for Lesnar vs. Cena at Extreme Rules. It was Lesnar's first match back in WWE, it had the perfect build, and it was an absolute war. Lesnar brought a sense of realism back into wrestling with that match, thanks largely to the mystique he developed having left WWE to become a UFC star. I love that match.

I still can't get the image of Brock Lesnar commiting suicide with a fucking shooting star press by a 290 pound bag of muscle out of my head. Plus it was a good match.

Where's Lesnar vs Zack Gowan dammit!?

I'm going to ha e to go with Lesnar vs Punk. Don't know why but I just love that match!

If Angle's neck wasn't held together by glue and Brock didn't almost become crippled, I definitely would pick their Wrestlemania XIX match. Great effort by both, but it was missing something I felt. Might have been because I remember being drained by everything else on Wrestlemania XIX prior with Austin vs Rock, HBK vs Jericho, etc.

Gotta go with the Punk match for this one. It was an absolute classic that no one was expecting it to be. It was hard for a lot of people to buy Punk as a threat to someone like Lesnar but they made it work probably better than i've ever seen before. The drama and psychology were perfect and everything clicked. Besides Punk being sloppy as shit at times just like all of his matches, I have nothing bad to say about it.

Reigns v Lesnar - There styles matched perfectly and the created the best Match of the Year and both guys careers. It was a fitting match for a Mania Main Event because it had the most dominant guy in the business against the strongest booked with no clear idea who would win and lead to a great match where the false finishes actually had some meaning and then the cash in topped it off. 5* Match.

PS
Lesnar v Eddie a close 2nd

Hard to pick but it definitely would be one of his older matches. He was a more well rounded wrestle at the time although his character has changed since then after his ufc stint. If I had to pick I'd pick wrestlemania 19

The other day that had an "article" where the author listed what he thought were Brock Lesnar's seven best matches in the WWE. It was a pretty shitty list overall

Pretty shitty list huh? Is that why you included 90% of the matches they listed on to your poll?

Anyway. I've always been a big fan of Lesnar's in ring work. Particularly his older stuff. The guy was just an all around pure athlete and was graced with a natural talent that a lot of veterans didn't even posses. I'll divide my options into two categories. One with old Lesnar and two with new Lesnar.

As far as 02-04 Lesnar. He was definitely at his WRESTLING peek here. This one is a much harder one to make a clear decision upon. In the two short years he was there for, he had classic matches with the likes of The Rock, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle and more. I've always enjoyed his matches with Angle more than anyone else because those two just had such a tangible chemistry in the ring very few had. Every match they had could be thrown up there as being an instant classic. If I had to pick one match though, I'd go with their Ironman Match. They managed to tell a good story while delivering a great wrestling match at the same time. Naturally I love any Lesnar/Angle match but seeing them go at it for a solid hour is just to hard to pass up.

Honorable mention: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar No Mercy 2002 Hell in the Cell

Present Lesnar is an entirely different beast altogether. He doesn't so much as wrestle as he does fight or brawl now. If anything, present Lesnar is more dangerous now than he's ever been. With the different style he brings, its to be expected that his match ups would flow considerably different than a 03 Lesnar match. So modern day era Lesnar is a lot harder to choose from(or easier depending on your stance). Modern day Lesnar matches vary in quality. Some are good, some great, others are barely acceptable. His feud with HHH was alright and it gave us some solid matches but I think this feud would have been better when HHH was in his prime and when Lesnar actually wrestled. From what I understand, HHH and Lesnar would have headlined WM 21 but for obvious reasons, it didn't. Had it though then I think the quality of matches would have possibly been better.

His brief stint with Cena gave us one great match followed by one, weird and unorthodox match. I can't really say to much else about it. Once you eliminate the Cena and HHH matches, what does that leave us with? His match with Big Show? Sorry but no. His match with Seth Rollins? Again, no. How about his bout with Roman Reigns? Not a bad match but the answer again, is no. Maybe his WM match with the Undertaker where we arguably saw the most infamous WM moment in history? Not even that. Great moment shadowed by a mediocre match. So what does that leave us with? Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk.

Yes, Brock Lesnar vs Cm Punk was one of those matches that had people a little divided on. Not because they were torn on who should win but torn on size and class. Up until this point, Lesnar had faced people who were of similar size and could at least match him in brute strength. Punk didn't fit that bill. So off the heels of a career in the UFC, people were calling this a mismatch. Lesnar was going to absolutely dominate Punk. Punk had no chance it seemed. But with a match billed as the Best vs the Beast, you were surely in for something right? Whatever that something was, you had to tune in to find out. You got just that; The best vs the Beast. Easily Lesnars best match since returning and also easily one of my favorite Lesnar matches. The crowd was hot, the atmosphere ripe with anticipation and there was a frenzy in the air. This match was just all around pure entertainment. Those who said Punk would be demolished were soon silenced. Punk put up a better fight than anyone before him and managed to bring the fight to Lesnar in a big way. Even coming close to claiming victory before falling to an F-5. This was an all around brawl and it was entertaining every second.

Honorable mention: Brock Lesnar Vs John Cena Extreme Rules 2012

If we're talking hold for hold Lesnar's best WRESTLING match, then I'd probably say his WWE Title match with Eddie or maybe the Iron Man he had with Kurt.

But for me it really comes down to his current work mainly just because of how much of a bigger star he is now & how much of a spectacle he is now. The man wrestled Kofi Kingston in a squash match & turned it into one of the biggest live events in history for goodness sakes.

So if we're just talking overall his greatest match/the match I simply enjoyed the most, then I'd have to go with the Triple Threat with Cena & Rollins from the Rumble this year. Not only does it stick out as a 5 star match on what was essentially a pointless show but it really felt like the coming out party for Rollins & set up what was to come at the end of WM 31. It completely stole the show with very little build & Rollins just being kind of thrown in last minute, yet it all seemed to come together perfectly.

Honorable Mention also go to the Summerslam 2013 match with Punk for just being an all around awesome brawl, the WWE Title match with Cena at Summerslam 2014 for being 16 glorious minutes of Cena getting his ass handed to him & for making Lesnar look SUPER strong his 1st match back after ending the streak & lastly, to Lesnar's WM 31 match with Reigns which was also an all around awesome brawl, ended up being a fantastic match even though the build was kind of lame & it actually ended up being a perfect conclusion to Lesnar's sort of undefeated streak he had going since beating The Undertaker.

Pretty shitty list huh? Is that why you included 90% of the matches they listed on to your poll?

This poll includes 14 matches, the list was supposed to be his 7 best. So yes, chances are some of those matches made it in as options in this poll. But it was supposed to be a list of his 7 very best and it was a bad list. It didn't include the Cena match from Extreme Rules, which is a pretty glaring omission to make. Also, I think Rock/Brock was a lot more monumental and entertaining than the WrestleMania match with Angle or the overrated Cell match with Undertaker at No Mercy. Lesnar/Reigns was also a better Mania main event than the Angle match. It had more of a big fight feel, it was way more exciting and told a lot of stories very well. It was a nearly perfectly executed match that accomplished everything it needed to accomplish. To me the Angle match at 19 is kind of like the Taker match at 30, it has one huge moment that overshadows the rest of the mediocrity.

Nice try fucker.

Overall I think Lesnar's second run has been stronger, which says a lot because I'm a huge fan of his first run and I absolutely loved SmackDown at that time. But since his return, the emphasis on his legitimacy and his ridiculously strong booking has made all of his matches true main events in every sense of the term. He has become something so different, in an era filled with stale things we've all seen a million times before. A lot of his recent matches have really shaken up the structure of how wrestling matches typically go and have been a lot of fun to watch as a result. He's such an over-the-top unstoppable beast now that it's very very entertaining.

I have been a fan of Brock Lesnar since His OVW days, I always knew He would become a major star His talent is undeniable. To be so naturally gifted as to start in the sport of Kings and not only dominate but to become one of the all-time WRESTLING greats not though dedication or paying dues but sheer will and raw athleticism is a unheard of notion in our sport of Pro Wrestling. Brock has exceeded all of My expectations, He has become a freak attraction and one of the top draws in all of Wrestling. The crazy thing about Him is, He is not even remotely emotionally invested in this business We love but has ridiculous in-ring ability so who cares?

To that point Brock was a major factor in Me choosing Smackdown! over RAW during 2002 to 2004 during that time He has had several matches that I absolutely love but My personal favorite has to be His match with Chris Benoit on Smackdown! on 4/12/2003 this is probably the most underrated match in Brock's WWE career brilliant back and forth action between two of the greatest in ring technians this business has or will ever see and that ruthless finish with Benoit passing out to the Brock Lock (the Seaten Stretch Muffler version) was so satisfying to Me this is actually of of My favorite matches of all time and the very first match I thought of when I saw this thread.

Their was probably a million other instant classics I could have choose from Brock historic first WWE run or even His run over in Japan but this is the match that holds a special place in My heart and is My definitive favorite Brock Lesnar match.

For me its gotta be Vs Angle at Summerslam 03. Admittedly it has been a while since I watched it but from what I remember the crowd was hot all the way through. Then we had Vince coming down to try screw Kurt he ended up taking an Angle slam on the chair. Also Brock had to deal with 'You tapped out' chants after that for a while.

This poll includes 14 matches, the list was supposed to be his 7 best. So yes, chances are some of those matches made it in as options in this poll. But it was supposed to be a list of his 7 very best and it was a bad list. It didn't include the Cena match from Extreme Rules, which is a pretty glaring omission to make. Also, I think Rock/Brock was a lot more monumental and entertaining than the WrestleMania match with Angle or the overrated Cell match with Undertaker at No Mercy. Lesnar/Reigns was also a better Mania main event than the Angle match. It had more of a big fight feel, it was way more exciting and told a lot of stories very well. It was a nearly perfectly executed match that accomplished everything it needed to accomplish. To me the Angle match at 19 is kind of like the Taker match at 30, it has one huge moment that overshadows the rest of the mediocrity.

I thought the list was very on point. The writer planned to make it a top 7 list so obviously narrowing it down to a top 7 list would be very difficult. The matches he picked are regarded by a lot of fans to be his best work. I just found it curious how you would call his list shit and then proceed to add those very said matches. I'm going to believe that since you didn't like his list then I can assume you weren't much of a fan of those matches. Why else would you call the list shit if you didn't feel that way?

Nice try fucker.

Insult was unwarranted.

Overall I think Lesnar's second run has been stronger, which says a lot because I'm a huge fan of his first run and I absolutely loved SmackDown at that time. But since his return, the emphasis on his legitimacy and his ridiculously strong booking has made all of his matches true main events in every sense of the term. He has become something so different, in an era filled with stale things we've all seen a million times before. A lot of his recent matches have really shaken up the structure of how wrestling matches typically go and have been a lot of fun to watch as a result. He's such an over-the-top unstoppable beast now that it's very very entertaining.

Lesnar brings a much bigger star power now than he did back then. His booking has been done very well. I buy it very easily that Lesnar is a beast. It doesn't hurt that Heyman is there to help sell that belief and build up that mystique surrounding him. His in ring to be honest just isn't very exciting. I mean, trust me, I love seeing him toss guys around and suplex them but that's literally all he does. At least old Lesnar actually had some technique and diversity. I still love watching Lesnar work. Hes one of the few guys that will make me watch a PPV. But as far as what he does in the ring, I'll always prefer old Lesnar.

1. Brock vs Angle iron man- maybe the best television match ever
2. Brock vs Cena vs Rollins- best 3 way since WM20
3. Brock vs Eddie No Way Out 04- Eddie sold like a maniac for Brock & crowd was going wild entire time.
4. Brock vs Taker hell in a cell- just a brutal war with Brock getting clean win
5. Brock vs Cena Extreme rules 2012- i truly feared for Cena's well being.

Hon ment. Vs Punk at Summerslam- amazing.

Tht was exactly what i was thinking i was searching for it on the list, definitely the best match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back