Breaking; Reigns Suspended

From WWE.com!

http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

Reigns has come out on Twitter and admitted this, saying that "he owns it..."

How does this affect him? Massively!

At a time when WWE has put so much into pushing him, and when for the first time it would appear that all three Shield members were going to be headlining together, it is a real blow to WWE's plans. This is worse than Swagger getting busted after winning the Mania main event or the other mistakes made by talents.

Reigns just handed WWE the bullet that the fans wanted used for much of his time on top, they hated how he was rammed down our throats and now, he's proven he wasn't worthy in their eyes.

Ambrose has clearly benefitted, it explains the sudden cash-in and double change on Sunday but Rollins too will now work Ambrose for the title and Reigns will have to build up his good standing again, he might not get another title run or shot for some time.

It's not terminal, let's face it, Randy Orton has failed lots of times, but it's rare for someone who is "the man" the company has chose messes up to this level. Vince won't forgive this one easily, especially with the draft and live Smackdown debut, which Reigns now will miss as part of his suspension.

Did he take something recreational? I'm leaning towards that being the reason rather than taking a steroid. He might have gotten too comfortable or believed he was in that "bulletproof" role now. This proves he isn't.

The biggest problem he's gonna face is the boys... Many of them suffered to get him over, some have even left the company due to the lack of opportunity for them just to help Reigns. Where as Ambrose and Rollins have been shown to be hard working and appreciative.

The silver lining is this tees up Reigns heel turn spectacularly. He can come back mad at how everyone turned on him from one mistake and use it. But he isn't going to just waltz back where he left off. He's going to be losing some big matches for the rest of the year, just in time to hopefully build up to Mania and maybe THEN we get the Shield Triple Threat match?

Number of things it could be, not necessarily drugs even. The important bit right now is that WWE and Reigns have taken ownership of what happened and there is no denialism.

Orton's been suspended twice for violating Wellness; I doubt this does anything other than place more focus on Dean/Seth for the time being.

TBH with Roman gone for the build, they should leave him out and do the Triple Threat later. I am still hyped for and enjoying this feud though.

Some people have been questioning whether Reigns failed the test just today or whether WWE knew a while ago and planned when to suspend him, and how MitB's booking might have been different. I don't think it matters that much though - the important thing is the public acknowledgement and the suspension being served.

Well, that's not good for Roman Reigns. I don't think WWE is going to be too happy that their golden boy was failing drug tests while WWE Champion. While not a concrete fact, it's kind of obvious that wellness violations hurt Orton's standing in the company, and that's likely a big reason why Orton stopped being elevated to the level of say, John Cena.

First one for Reigns comes pretty early in his career, another one would undoubtedly hurt him a lot more than this one will. Unlike Orton though, Roman has repeatedly been touted as a good guy with a likeable demeanor, if he keeps his nose clean for the next long while, he shouldn't suffer too much.

Still, veryyyy interesting.

If Orton can go from 2nd time offender to top heel and WM main eventer in the span of 18 months I'm sure Reigns can bounce back. WWE has invested entirely too much time and resources into Reigns that he's not fucked by any means. It's definitely a blow to him and I'm sure he wI'll get punished a bit when he gets back on TV but I can't imagine it will be permanent, frankly I'd be surprised if it lasted more than a few months.

Reigns fucked up but I gotta give him props for owning up to it, he knows what he did, he isn't making excuses so as long as he doesn't make a habit of it this will be a small setback for him.

My first thought was WOW. After giving it some thought it really isn't that big of a deal. He will be back for BG. This might actually force a hard push in direction for his character. In the end individuals make mistakes and bounce back all the time.

I did a double-take when I saw the news on the main page. Would have never expected this from him. Then again, we don't know the nature of whatever substance he abused so I'll withhold judgment for now.

He should be fine when he comes back. He's just too big of a star. Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy's stars survived two suspensions. Roman's first slip-up really should derail much of his momentum. At least he'll be back in time for Battleground, provided WWE sticks with doing the Triple Threat without Roman to help promote it.

This suspension won't do any favors for Reigns' popularity, which is probably the worst part. If fans hated him before, they're going to have a field day with this when he comes back. Roman could do the big apology like Jeff Hardy did when he returned from his second suspension, but Jeff was beloved enough to be accepted. Roman will probably get eaten alive if he does the same, even if he's totally sincere (which he'd likely be). If nothing else, Roman's return is going to be intriguing as hell to watch.

Let Rollins go vs Ambrose alone at Battleground... have Reigns interfere to cost Rollins the match or something like that...

sets up triple threat for SummerSlam

Hopefully this means the END of the Roman Reigns experiment. If the past two years have proven anything, it's that Roman Reigns is NOT a draw and NOT a main event talent. Have Reigns lose the Battleground Triple Threat, eat the pin, and start moving him back down the card.

I'm quite shocked to see them suspend a big name star(regardless of your opinion of him WWE sees him as one) I applaud them though. Shows how serious they take this wellness policy and it should be a wake up to everyone on the roster from developmental all the way up to the main event. As far as how this will effect his standing in the company? We'll just have to wait and see. It would definitely make me rethink him as the face of my company and I'd probably pull him back a bit.

This is going to hurt him i know people bring up Randy Orton but Randy i think was on the path to being Cena level but with his issues was kept from that and made a upper mid carder to main eventer depending on the situation.

Not to mention the guy failed it while WWE Champ it just makes the WWE look really bad and Vince above all else hates when the company is made to look bad. My guess is Reigns wont see that title around his waist again til 2017 do to this. Alot of fans dont like him and unlike Cena he doesn't push merchandise. Bring Reigns back as a heel and let things happen and see if he can get himself over. If not you have enough young talents and established stars that you can start to groom a new " THE GUY" be it a Rollins/Dean or someone about to get a shot from NXT do to the draft.

Reigns can recover from this but will he be able to get back to being the guy WWE and Vince want to take the role of top star? i dont think so tbh i have not seen it in him. He can still be a Main Event star though with many more title wins to come but its on him now.

There are reports that WWE found out about the violation a few days ago, but waited until after MITB to announce it and punish Reigns. Any earlier would have totally jeopardized the MITB main event. This also explains the surprise of Seth Rollins beating Reigns clean on Sunday; it's extremely unusual for someone WWE pushes as hard as Reigns to lose clean, unless it's by request or part of some bigger endgame but that wasn't the feeling I got; I mean, I figured Reigns' 3rd run would be a long one considering how much effort Vince put into pushing him.

This will hurt his career, there's no point in trying to pretend otherwise,he's going to be set back and it's highly unlikely that he'll be pushed as strong again. After all, RVD flunked a drug test while he was both WWE and ECW Champion simultaneously; he was much more over than Reigns ever was and he wasn't given a huge push again.Some hate on Cena and while Cena isn't exactly the same guy we see on TV each week in his personal life, he's never failed a drug test in WWE and that would damage his credibility. Reigns' credibility isn't anywhere near that of Cena's and his likeability isn't anywhere near that of Randy Orton when Orton failed his first drug test.

At any rate, even if Reigns is part of the triple threat bout at Battleground, there's no chance of him winning and no chance of him winning the title again anytime soon. My guess, and that's all it is, is that it'll be at least a year before WWE even thinks about putting the title back on him.

NO!!! THIS SUCKS!!!

Roman Reigns is a legitimate main event talent and an awesome wrestler IRRESPECTIVE of what WZ Cretins and the morons in the WWE Universe would like to think. WHY DO I SAY SO? I was blown away by the awesomeness of the match that was Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns- THE RAW MATCH. It was almost like I was watching a Wrestlemania-main event match. I'm not kidding. Notwithstanding his matches with AJ Styles.

People like to act like Roman Reigns sucks, has no personality, etc etc but don't have the courage or probity to admit that Reigns is a FAR BETTER WRESTLER than Dean "boring" Ambrose.

With that said, I can't help but be dismayed, as I seriously enjoy Roman Reigns matches, presence and charisma. He has the intensity, speed and agility of The Undertaker, size/sheer power of Batista. basically he's awesome. I hope this won't hurt his career much.

I hope they don't push Dean 'overrated' Ambrose to the moon now, and push Kevin Owens and Cesaro instead. And Seth freakin' Rollins is the guy who carries the company(until Roman Reigns returns to be the interchangeable no 1 guy with Rollins).

On a positive note- they can finally have Roman Reigns return to a FAR BETTER personalitycharacter/extension of himself (which may or may not be his real-life self, as I'm reading people say he's a good guy and whatever in real life.-
Unlike Orton though, Roman has repeatedly been touted as a good guy with a likeable demeanor, if he keeps his nose clean for the next long while, he shouldn't suffer too much..
) That being of a Jerk/Heel sort of like Batista was in 2010. We did see shades of that on Raw when he told the "guys who are chanting you can't wrestle to drink your beer and shut up".

At least this may put the jerk-offs in the audience who are ******ed enough to chant "you can't wrestle" to him in their proper places. I sincerely hope he comes back from this tragic setback- better than ever. Long live Roman Reigns.

Looking forward to Seth's face turn and championship win, meanwhile.

ADDENDUM- LMFAO@ d_henderson1980'S post. Can't stop laughing here.

Another ADDENDUM- I suddenly recalled the other day- images of Roman Reigns' victory over Sheamus to win the WWE championship on Raw in January. The guy was bursting with joy/bubbling like a child/jumping for joy. It was infectious! Only a really good human being/humble guy would reflect that through his face. (I'm going to watch that match and victory again, and urge you to watch it as well).

I thought most of you would LOVE this news.

Let's face it, you hate Roman Reigns' guts, and so any bad thing that prevents him from being the top guy and being "Shoved down your throats" is a good thing in the opinions of many of the IWC, whether it had been a supsension, firing, future endeavouring, injury or death.

I can hear many champagne corks popping all over houses of many Roman Reigns haters, who are saying "Good Riddance" and whose only complaint is that you probably wish it was his third violation, rather than his first.

It proves one thing, though. You accuse Roman of being Vince's "boy". Okay, then, then why would he allow Roman to be tested, when WWE run their own in-house testing and can decide who gets tested and who doesn't. I would have thought that Vince would have only had lower talent tested, many of who are on the next "future endeavoured" list, to prove that WWE are on top of drug use, while not sacrificing anyone who makes Vince money.

So, enjoy your time without Roman Reigns, and then spend time hoping that John Cena gets done as well, and then many of the IWC can stop coming on here and complaining all the time. I expect a lot of happy people posting here over the next thirty days.

To be hounest I didn't expect this. I'm sure Reigns will bounce back cause I don't see Vince backing with the hole Roman is the new guy thing so easaly. There will be some kind of punnishment but nothing more. Many people are bringing up Orton and I agree with them that he was going to be pushed on Cenas level but he screwd up. And as we know that didn't hurt him much.
On the fact if WWE knew about this before MITB if the repports are true they knew and that probably is why he dropped the title CLEAN to Rollins. But considering the fact he was booked in the tripple threat match I don't think he will be punished that much.
As for the fans I will only say that Reigns gave them even more reasons to boo him. This I believe was the bullet the fans needed to shot down Reigns. Not to mention the reaction from the roster because he has been pushed to the moon on the expense of many people and know he screws up and still isn't removed from the main event for the World Title at the next PPV.
As for the match itself I'm know almost 100% sure that Ambrose will retain.

NO!!! THIS SUCKS!!!

Roman Reigns is a legitimate main event talent and an awesome wrestler IRRESPECTIVE of what WZ Cretins and the morons in the WWE Universe would like to think. WHY DO I SAY SO? I was blown away by the awesomeness of the match that was Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns- THE RAW MATCH. It was almost like I was watching a Wrestlemania-main event match. I'm not kidding. Notwithstanding his matches with AJ Styles.

People like to act like Roman Reigns sucks, has no personality, etc etc but don't have the courage or probity to admit that Reigns is a FAR BETTER WRESTLER than Dean "boring" Ambrose.

With that said, I can't help but be dismayed, as I seriously enjoy Roman Reigns matches, presence and charisma. He has the intensity, speed and agility of The Undertaker, size/sheer power of Batista. basically he's awesome. I hope this won't hurt his career much.

I hope they don't push Dean 'overrated' Ambrose to the moon now, and push Kevin Owens and Cesaro instead. And Seth freakin' Rollins is the guy who carries the company(until Roman Reigns returns to be the interchangeable no 1 guy with Rollins).

On a positive note- they can finally have Roman Reigns return to a FAR BETTER personalitycharacter/extension of himself (which may or may not be his real-life self, as I'm reading people say he's a good guy and whatever in real life.) That being of a Jerk/Heel sort of like Batista was in 2010. We did see shades of that on Raw when he told the "guys who are chanting you can't wrestle to drink your beer and shut up".

At least this may put the jerk-offs in the audience who are ******ed enough to chant "you can't wrestle" to him in their proper places. I sincerely hope he comes back from this tragic setback- better than ever. Long live Roman Reigns.

Looking forward to Seth's face turn and championship win, meanwhile.

I agree with the "you can't wrestle" comments. The guy can wrestle, he's had too many good matches against different opponents. It pays to have quality opponents as well, which he's certainly had, but Reigns has carried his share of the weight.

As for him being a better wrestler than Ambrose, you're entitled to your opinion but Reigns has ZERO personality or charisma. I don't see how that's an opinion as the guy just...he just stands there droning through promo segments. He may be related to the Rock, he may have inherited good looks like the Rock, but he most definitely did not inherit charisma like the Rock as it's sometimes painful to watch Reigns try to get through a promo segment where it's obvious that he's just flat out uncomfortable.

Because of his wooden personality, it was hard for me to buy into Reigns as a main event level guy. He has a great look and, frankly, I'm of the opinion that's the best thing he has going for him. However, he failed a drug test while he was WWE Champion and that's just flat out going to hurt his career, maybe irreparably as look what happened to Rob Van Dam's career in WWE after he was arrested while he was champion. While RVD himself had the personality of a BAKED potato, and still does for that matter, people loved him back in the day and he was more over than Reigns has ever been.

It's also time for the various Reigns apologists suck it up and move on rather than someone trying to use the same lame, tired conspiracy theory that Vince protects his boys. Reigns fucked up and it's nobody's fault but his own, it's not some sort of conspiracy and if there's proof that Vince does protect certain wrestlers from being tested or fudges their results, I'd love to see it. I mean actual proof, not the various conspiracy theories of dirt sheet writers like Dave Meltzer and his drones.

This is going to hurt him i know people bring up Randy Orton but Randy i think was on the path to being Cena level but with his issues was kept from that and made a upper mid carder to main eventer depending on the situation.

Not to mention the guy failed it while WWE Champ it just makes the WWE look really bad and Vince above all else hates when the company is made to look bad. My guess is Reigns wont see that title around his waist again til 2017 do to this. Alot of fans dont like him and unlike Cena he doesn't push merchandise. Bring Reigns back as a heel and let things happen and see if he can get himself over. If not you have enough young talents and established stars that you can start to groom a new " THE GUY" be it a Rollins/Dean or someone about to get a shot from NXT do to the draft.

Reigns can recover from this but will he be able to get back to being the guy WWE and Vince want to take the role of top star? i dont think so tbh i have not seen it in him. He can still be a Main Event star though with many more title wins to come but its on him now.

The difference with Orton though was that, he didn't just fail a drug test, it was his behaviour and absolute contempt for everything and everyone. He pooped in a Divas' bag, of all things. He got suspended because otherwise they may have had to fire him. I doubt Roman is on the nose as much as Orton was.

i would be surprise if this suspension was for something stupid like he didn't produce a sample on time like what happened to hornswoggle a couple of year's back. I don't think that this will hurt him at all on the contrary i think this could be the thing that he needed to get back to we're he was a year ago when he actually was over with the smart crowd. those fans needed a break from reigns and they got it now.

So all WWE needs to do now is taped something tonight on smackdown to take him out from tv for a month and then just let peoples forget about him for a couple of weeks until the live edition of smackdown were you play a video of reigns hyping the fact that he'S coming back on sunday and then at battleground he's more over then he was when he left.

Reigns needed a break, so did those that didn'T like him because he wasn'T they're choice to be the guy. Fans can use all the excuse they wanted about why they hated reigns and the old he's was shoved down are throat excuse doesn't work here because if that was the case, then you could pretty much say the same thing about he good portion of the upper card wrestlers in wwe. IT'S because the fans didn'T pick him to be the guy and that it because i look at his track record since the beginning of the year and Reigns delivered at each ppv he was on. He had great match with HHH rollins and AJ styles, which by the way did praise the guy for being for how great he was in the ring, so the fact was that he was ready for that spot and the fans didn'T give him a chance because of the fact that he wasn'T their guy. So i think a break will do everybody some good even if it's just a month and maybe after that month, fans will give him a chance to actually show them that he deserve to be in a main event position.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but this means that it's highly likely they were never going to have him drop the belt. It's even probable Ambrose would never have won the briefcase. It's coincidental that the day prior to the event, bets on Ambrose rose significantly. Maybe something got out as reports suggested something had made betters suddenly go from Owens as their pick to Ambrose. Prior to the briefcase match Ambrose wasn't even a legitimate thought going into the main event until his promo on the go home RAW show. Perhaps they even knew as early as the beginning of the week?

Now for people suggesting this will derail Reigns' career, I'm not too sure. Sure, he'll probably have a lot of backstage heat for jeopardising his position on the card. But it's extremely interesting that they are still going ahead with plans of the Shield three way if they are suddenly going to do away with the Roman experiment.

As for him being a better wrestler than Ambrose, you're entitled to your opinion but Reigns has ZERO personality or charisma. I don't see how that's an opinion as the guy just...he just stands there droning through promo segments. He may be related to the Rock, he may have inherited good looks like the Rock, but he most definitely did not inherit charisma like the Rock as it's sometimes painful to watch Reigns try to get through a promo segment where it's obvious that he's just flat out uncomfortable.

Better wrestler than Ambrose because it's evident through the number of good main event matches he has given as compared to Ambrose. At least some people would agree that Ambrose's matches are average at best, and the one with Lesnar was downright crap, and the Asylum Match wasn't that great either(that's what I've read people say, since I am yet to watch that match). So basically, Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles on two occasions, and Seth Rollins from MITB and Raw last night have all been good to supremely good matches whereas I've been waiting to be impressed by a single Ambrose match(the ones with KO in their IC title feud were mediocre/okay).

Because of his wooden personality, it was hard for me to buy into Reigns as a main event level guy. He has a great look and, frankly, I'm of the opinion that's the best thing he has going for him. However, he failed a drug test while he was WWE Champion and that's just flat out going to hurt his career, maybe irreparably as look what happened to Rob Van Dam's career in WWE after he was arrested while he was champion. While RVD himself had the personality of a BAKED potato, and still does for that matter, people loved him back in the day and he was more over than Reigns has ever been.

I'm not going to lie that Reigns is the most articulate person out there and half as charismatic as The Rock or John F. Kennedy or Martin Luther King, Jr. Not even a quarter. By charisma, I mostly mean something magnetic about him- physically- a combination of gravity, intensity, and muscles/looks.

Heck, Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are far more comfortable on the mic than Reigns. But when it comes to Ambrose, he doesn't have the most exciting personality out there either, IMHO. He has this Lunatic fringe schtick and cracks jokes all the time- so I've been consistently failing to buy that schtick. And as you've reflected in your recent posts- the serious, insidious, Stone Cold-esque Dean Ambrose is far more entertaining/enjoyable.

As for reigns, IMO, the face run just hasn't worked for him. Just like RVD, Roman Reigns' real life "good guy" self hasn't quite worked out as a wrestling character/gimmick. He needs to turn into a heel/jerk big guy and I predict he'd almost be like Batista in 2010, in that he no longer would be limited and could finally get out of his real-life shell or awkwardness he may experience in promos/through boos and detractors. If you've noticed, it was perfectly palpable on Raw when he asked the guys in the audience to shut up.

"OH MY GOD ROMAN REIGNS HAS BEEN SUSPENDED... FOR A WELLNESS VIOLATION!!" That was my reaction to this. Jesus, this is extremely unfortunate. No wonder he dropped the title. Did WWE know about this? I'm willing to bet they did, and that might be the reason he dropped the title. Regardless, Reigns is a star, like it or not. He has plenty of credibility and has been involved in several main event matches in his career. He will be suspended for 30 days and will miss the draft and Battleground. Dang, I just can't believe this. Still can't. I'm in shock, and still kind of think this is a false report. What happened? I don't know. Reigns can recover from this; it's not like his career is over. However you have to think this will somewhat affect him. Maybe he won't be 'face of the company' or pushed as hard anymore. Still, you have to feel sorry for him. I'm still in shock. Bad look for WWE. Just shocking. I'm assuming we get Ambrose vs. Rollins at Battleground, but this is still shocking and unfortunate.

I'd have probably been able to figure out what in the Hell he did to violate the WWE's wellness policy, but the internet is still gunked up with articles surrounding the false rumor that he violated the WWE's wellness policy back in February of 2015. TMZ still doesn't know what he did, and knowing TMZ they're probably trying like Hell to find out every nanosecond.

I'm not the biggest fan of Reigns, but from what I've read the WWE can be ridiculously strict when it comes to their wellness policy. Wasn't Adam Rose in violation for taking medicine for attention deficit disorder that was prescribed to him? I don't think that Reigns was shooting eight balls while snorting mx missiles, he doesn't strike me as someone who would be as "at risk" as RVD.

While Roman isn't the most exciting performer when it comes to promos, he's basic enough to be able to make a thrilling comeback for some fans and get right back into his spot. The whole Shield thing will make it tough for fans to just flat out forget him.

If WWE doesn't do the Shield triple threat at Battleground, I can't see them doing Ambrose/Rollins for the umpteenth time. I can see them throwing us a curveball and maybe placing another feud into the match to make it stand out. Maybe they'll do a Fatal 4 and include Styles and Cena. Or maybe Zayn and Owens. I just can't see them doing a main event that we saw around about this time last year again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back