Breaking: Paige Reportedly Done As An In-Ring WWE Performer

Alicia Fox, Emma, Alexa Bliss TWICE... and now Paige.

Sasha needs to go, she's a reckless performer who doesn't know how to protect her opponent.. I would not be blaming Sasha for this at all if she didn't have a reputation for injuring people... Get rid of her and be done with it.

She doesn't contribute that much to WWE anymore to keep her around.

THTRobtaylor said:
The thing people forget is that Paige had a "loaded deck" to begin with, as she had scoliosis they only found when she had joined the company. So basically her spine was predisposed to problems and there was always going to be higher likelihood of her career ending earlier as a result.

However there is no way this is anything but bad for WWE as a whole... It puts into sharp focus that any performer is a moment away from permanent injury, it ends the career of a talent who not only had more to give the business, but is going to be highlighted in the movie shortly... that movie now ends with one of those depressing cards that says "Saraya-Jade was forced to retire aged 25, after being severely injured during a match..." and god knows what else happens in the meantime with Paige's know fragile mental state...

WWE have a MAJOR duty of care to this woman, and they will be scrutinised if they fail on it. A job is the least they can give her, and I am sure she will remain on tour and part of the show, even if it's as a manager/valet or even a commentator or backstage interviewer. If WWE don't go ALL OUT to make sure Paige is looked after, and the worst happens then they will have major blowback.

Personally, I think the NXT trainer idea is actually one of the better ones. Paige certainly knows the business and with her years of experience could be very valuable in that role, even if she can't bump. I am sure she will be involved with her family territory as well in the UK at various points, she could also work well for the WWE UK arm if it ever gets going as a GM type... so there are things she can do for WWE.

Should Sasha face any blowback? Sorry but yes... While what she did wasn't unsafe in the same way Owen piledriving Austin or D Lo powerbombing Droz was, the outcome is the same, a top talent is gone as a result. It's unlikely other talents will trust her in the ring in the same way and there will always be that niggling doubt as to whether she just "screwed up" or was frustrated in some way and kicked a little harder than should have been done.

Personally, I think it's so sad this happened, and really hope that the company, her friends and family make sure she doesn't go into a downward spiral... lest we have a real tragedy on our hands.

Good ideas! Any of those would be nice to keep her in the fold. Didn't know she had scoliosis.

Messiah said:
Alicia Fox, Emma, Alexa Bliss TWICE... and now Paige.

Sasha needs to go, she's a reckless performer who doesn't know how to protect her opponent.. I would not be blaming Sasha for this at all if she didn't have a reputation for injuring people... Get rid of her and be done with it.

She doesn't contribute that much to WWE anymore to keep her around.

Twice? SMH!

Only found out about this today and did a legit double-take to make sure I didn't confuse Paige's name with someone elses.

What a huge shame. I recently listened to Paige's interview on Lillian Garcia's podcast where she candidly opened up about the tumultuous year she had (and owned up to her mistakes 100%) and detailed her road to recovery. She seemed to have her head back on straight and was ready to redeem herself in 2018. By the end of the interview I was rooting for her to succeed so this is devastating to hear. Check it out if you have a chance.

Crazy enough, during that interview she mentioned her previous neck injury and discussed something about how her doctor believed she shouldn't wrestle again. When Lillian asked if Paige was concerned about any long-term effects, Paige simply said she'd cross that bridge when it came. Unfortunately, she's now crossing it much, much sooner than later.

It's also worth nothing that when Paige discussed working with Sasha in her first singles match in a year she praised Sasha for taking care of her, helping hide her ring rust, and all-around working like a pro. Not trying to excuse Sasha (though I have a very hard time crucifying her the way others are), but shit happens in wrestling. Yes, she could've kicked Paige more softly but after hearing Lillian's interview, maybe Paige shouldn't have been cleared to begin with.

Even if Paige miraculously gets cleared down the line I'm not sure I'd want her to wrestle after this latest scare. I do hope WWE keeps her around as she's a big name (soon to be bigger once Rock's movie hits) with a lot of knowledge and experience to offer the ladies. At best she can go the Corey Craves route. Paige had quite the in-ring career with big milestones to her name (first NXT women's champ, only woman to hold the Divas/NXT women's belts simultaneously). I hope Paige continues to stay on the right track, even if that track has now changed shaped completely.

During Summerslam weekend some fans approached to her at hotel while she was trying to go get pizza and she dissed them which lead to them booing her. Her getting on some podcast and calling them stalkers didnt helped the case. So yeah, her treating fans isnt considered as good.

With that and this Paige injury I could see her catching heat. Add that apparently Vince doesnt like her, plus probable adding of Rousey and rise of Asuka and Sashas future isnt so bright.

In the case of the Summerslam incident, it is often a case of "She said. They said".

I mean, maybe she politely declined, and they razzed her, or they invaded her personal space, or she was mean to them.

We don't know. We are getting one side of the story. Some fans think that paying money entitles them to act rude and be creepy to a celebrity, and if the celebrity acts like anyone else would in the situation, the fan then uses their phone or goes online and relays their story, keeping their part of the offence out of it, of course.

I'm not saying this happened, in this case. But I need more than one story to be convinced that someone is not nice to the paying public. People have moods, and we don't know what is going on in someone's life.

If there are multiple reports of Sasha acting like this, fair enough. But one incident isn't enough when someone can act any way they want to a celebrity, and then go online and report only their side of the story, knowing that many will believe them.

The thing people forget is that Paige had a "loaded deck" to begin with, as she had scoliosis they only found when she had joined the company. So basically her spine was predisposed to problems and there was always going to be higher likelihood of her career ending earlier as a result.

However there is no way this is anything but bad for WWE as a whole... It puts into sharp focus that any performer is a moment away from permanent injury, it ends the career of a talent who not only had more to give the business, but is going to be highlighted in the movie shortly... that movie now ends with one of those depressing cards that says "Saraya-Jade was forced to retire aged 25, after being severely injured during a match..." and god knows what else happens in the meantime with Paige's know fragile mental state...

WWE have a MAJOR duty of care to this woman, and they will be scrutinised if they fail on it. A job is the least they can give her, and I am sure she will remain on tour and part of the show, even if it's as a manager/valet or even a commentator or backstage interviewer. If WWE don't go ALL OUT to make sure Paige is looked after, and the worst happens then they will have major blowback.

Personally, I think the NXT trainer idea is actually one of the better ones. Paige certainly knows the business and with her years of experience could be very valuable in that role, even if she can't bump. I am sure she will be involved with her family territory as well in the UK at various points, she could also work well for the WWE UK arm if it ever gets going as a GM type... so there are things she can do for WWE.

Should Sasha face any blowback? Sorry but yes... While what she did wasn't unsafe in the same way Owen piledriving Austin or D Lo powerbombing Droz was, the outcome is the same, a top talent is gone as a result. It's unlikely other talents will trust her in the ring in the same way and there will always be that niggling doubt as to whether she just "screwed up" or was frustrated in some way and kicked a little harder than should have been done.

Personally, I think it's so sad this happened, and really hope that the company, her friends and family make sure she doesn't go into a downward spiral... lest we have a real tragedy on our hands.

If WWE cared so much about her movie, then why were they okay with suspending her, and having the news leak out on her sex tapes etc.

If they cared about the Paige movie, then WWE would have done more to cover up her indiscretions, and not let it leak out, in order to avoid negative publicity to the movie.

It's funny, a few months ago, WWE were ready to wash their hands of Paige. Multiple suspensions, sex tapes, and sticking their nose into her marriage, demanding that she not associate with an employee (Alberto Del Rio) who had embarrassed them in the past. (They were fine with covering up an employee who racially vilified Del Rio, and suspended ADR instead, and then sooked when he went to the press about why he was fired, but then didn't put the same effort into protecting Paige from bad publicity).

I think, secretly, WWE would be relieved that this happened. They saw Paige as trouble, as only kept her around because she still has some years left on her contract. They would have cut her loose if they could've.

Also, I thought that this movie was being driven by the Rock, and had nothing to do with WWE Films. So it sounds like more of an independent project, that has only got off the ground because of Dwayne Johnson's standing in Hollywood. I don't see the film being a blockbuster anyway, because (a) it would appeal only to wrestling fans, and (b) even then, not everyone would go and see a film about a wrestling family in England. It might work better as a doco, but a full-length film, I can't see it succeeding unless it is an indy film.

If WWE cared so much about her movie, then why were they okay with suspending her, and having the news leak out on her sex tapes etc.

If they cared about the Paige movie, then WWE would have done more to cover up her indiscretions, and not let it leak out, in order to avoid negative publicity to the movie.

It's funny, a few months ago, WWE were ready to wash their hands of Paige. Multiple suspensions, sex tapes, and sticking their nose into her marriage, demanding that she not associate with an employee (Alberto Del Rio) who had embarrassed them in the past. (They were fine with covering up an employee who racially vilified Del Rio, and suspended ADR instead, and then sooked when he went to the press about why he was fired, but then didn't put the same effort into protecting Paige from bad publicity).

I think, secretly, WWE would be relieved that this happened. They saw Paige as trouble, as only kept her around because she still has some years left on her contract. They would have cut her loose if they could've.

Also, I thought that this movie was being driven by the Rock, and had nothing to do with WWE Films. So it sounds like more of an independent project, that has only got off the ground because of Dwayne Johnson's standing in Hollywood. I don't see the film being a blockbuster anyway, because (a) it would appeal only to wrestling fans, and (b) even then, not everyone would go and see a film about a wrestling family in England. It might work better as a doco, but a full-length film, I can't see it succeeding unless it is an indy film.

Not defending the wwe, but how do you know they didn't try to protect her from all these thing that happens. Do you know something we don't know, do you work for WWE or it's just your perception based on what the dirt sheet reported.

I feel that WWE got caught off guard with the sex tape just like they we're caught off guard by all the pictures leak that happened to Seth Rollins and Charlotte. As far as the rest is concern, I'm sure that behind the scene, they tried to help her get her life together and sometimes people's like Paige that are so far gone into a depression act out and don't want to get help.

So they can't do so much if she didn't want their help. Sometimes, I feel that that WWE gets a lot of bad publicly because fans believe everything that the Dave meltzer's of the world reports in the dirt sheet. I'm not saying that's what happened but I felt that in the end they didn't just abandoned her like like you're suggesting.

I think this is what happens when you start taking bumps at the age of 13. Everyone's body can only take so many bumps, taking them at a young age when your body is not fully developed is going to significantly reduce the number of bumps you can take

Not defending the wwe, but how do you know they didn't try to protect her from all these thing that happens. Do you know something we don't know, do you work for WWE or it's just your perception based on what the dirt sheet reported.

I feel that WWE got caught off guard with the sex tape just like they we're caught off guard by all the pictures leak that happened to Seth Rollins and Charlotte. As far as the rest is concern, I'm sure that behind the scene, they tried to help her get her life together and sometimes people's like Paige that are so far gone into a depression act out and don't want to get help.

So they can't do so much if she didn't want their help. Sometimes, I feel that that WWE gets a lot of bad publicly because fans believe everything that the Dave meltzer's of the world reports in the dirt sheet. I'm not saying that's what happened but I felt that in the end they didn't just abandoned her like like you're suggesting.

See, here's the thing. Why did Charlotte not get the treatment by WWE or online that Paige did? Why was Charlotte not suspended for pictures leaking out? Because (a) Vince gets a chubby for Charlotte because she is the spawn of Ric Flair, and most in wrestling bow at the altar of Ric Flair, and (b) she is one of the Four Horsewomen, so the fans cheer her, whereas they lost interest in Paige.

What Seth did doesn't really matter in WWE's eyes, because he is male, and people don't get in a tizz if male nudity comes out, unless it is a male exposing himself to children, which Seth wasn't. So that was a non-issue.

Also, why did WWE tell Paige that she couldn't associate, or marry Alberto Del Rio? Now, I know how things ended up, but I doubt that it was only "looking after her own welfare". I think it was more because WWE still hold a grudge against Del Rio for exposing them for keeping on the racist employee and firing him instead, and only fired said employee AFTER the media reported it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of bitchiness and professional jealousy in the Divas locker room against Paige, who is more talented and attractive than half the Divas locker room, so there's that.

Besides, where do you think leaks come from? Either Meltzer made it up, or someone inside WWE told him, or Vince LET it come out, because Paige refused to dump Del Rio when Vince wanted her to.

Also, I think the film is an outside project. I don't think that WWE Films is making the Paige movie. It is being made by "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, who has massive stroke in Hollywood, so he can get financing for it. I mean, Vince wasn't even happy that the Rock left and did films outside the WWE umbrella (Vince only wanted the Rock to make movies for WWE Films), and only the last few years, have they made amends. So I doubt Vince would care about some film that WWE have little to do with, anyway. This has as much to do with WWE as the proposed "Pandemonium" film about WWE, or the Benoit film do.

This is terrible news. She had seemed to turn herself around and finally got on the right track for this to happen.

I have a couple of thoughts on it. As for Paige, she started wrestling at age 13, which already gives her over a decade in the ring. Now for someone who's been taking bumps for almost half her life, she did pretty well to stay healthy, but there comes a time when the body says enough is enough. It seems that her time has run out.

Coming back from the injury that she had maybe in retrospect wasn't the greatest idea in the world. I have a feeling it was just a matter of time before she was injured again. Now in regards to Banks I really don't know. Maybe she is sloppy, unsafe or just the unluckiest person around. It does seem that a few injuries have happened or almost happened when she was in the ring, not only to herself but to the women she's faced. Maybe she should take a step back and re-evaluate her style because some changes might have to take place.

All in all it sucks for Paige. At least she is still young enough to be able to do a lot with the new women coming up. Paige would be invaluable as a trainer in the performance centre. I hope she decides to stay with the WWE in some role and not go to the indies and one day end up in a wheelchair.

See, here's the thing. Why did Charlotte not get the treatment by WWE or online that Paige did? Why was Charlotte not suspended for pictures leaking out? Because (a) Vince gets a chubby for Charlotte because she is the spawn of Ric Flair, and most in wrestling bow at the altar of Ric Flair, and (b) she is one of the Four Horsewomen, so the fans cheer her, whereas they lost interest in Paige.

What Seth did doesn't really matter in WWE's eyes, because he is male, and people don't get in a tizz if male nudity comes out, unless it is a male exposing himself to children, which Seth wasn't. So that was a non-issue.

Also, why did WWE tell Paige that she couldn't associate, or marry Alberto Del Rio? Now, I know how things ended up, but I doubt that it was only "looking after her own welfare". I think it was more because WWE still hold a grudge against Del Rio for exposing them for keeping on the racist employee and firing him instead, and only fired said employee AFTER the media reported it. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of bitchiness and professional jealousy in the Divas locker room against Paige, who is more talented and attractive than half the Divas locker room, so there's that.

Besides, where do you think leaks come from? Either Meltzer made it up, or someone inside WWE told him, or Vince LET it come out, because Paige refused to dump Del Rio when Vince wanted her to.

Also, I think the film is an outside project. I don't think that WWE Films is making the Paige movie. It is being made by "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, who has massive stroke in Hollywood, so he can get financing for it. I mean, Vince wasn't even happy that the Rock left and did films outside the WWE umbrella (Vince only wanted the Rock to make movies for WWE Films), and only the last few years, have they made amends. So I doubt Vince would care about some film that WWE have little to do with, anyway. This has as much to do with WWE as the proposed "Pandemonium" film about WWE, or the Benoit film do.

No WWE talent has ever been punished for their leaks. Paige was suspended first for 30, then 60 days, because she failed a wellness test twice. Once for ADHD medication that she didn't get a waiver for, same as Roman and Eva Marie. The second was for painkillers, due to her history of neck and back issues. Her own parents even admitted this and tried to pressure WWE into paying for the medical issues Paige incurred before she signed with WWE. If you want to argue that WWE medical staff need to be more up to date on the talent's list of medication, I'll agree with you there. Charlotte and Rollins weren't punished for their private photo leaks though, just like Paige wasn't, because they were leaked by an unknown party.

As far as the relationship between Paige and ADR, I have no inside knowledge of it, just as you don't either. For some reason, WWE has a history of trying to break apart their talent that are dating. They recently did it with Big Cass and Carmella as well.

For somebody that's supposed to be retired, it sure look like she was ready to compete last night as she came out in her wrestling gear like nothing happened.

I'm still think this was just a rumour that got publish on pwinsider from a third hand source that probably didn't know what was going on and just speculated that she was told to retire and wwe is just playing a wait and see approach with her at this point because if she was truly forced to retire, they wouldn't have told her to go to ringside with Sonya and Mandy and the storyline would have been drop.

It is a company rule that all on screen employees are supposed to be in their TV attire at each televised show. That means wrestlers have to be in their gear. They weren't gonna send Paige, who could still manage the group, to ringside in a tank top and yoga pants.

They also just can't drop the Absolution story line. What are they going to do? Sent Rose and DeVille back to NXT and pretend they didn't just spend the last few weeks wrecking havoc?

Jesus I swear your posts give me headaches, and not just because of the spelling and grammar.

Wow, where to begin.

First off, the sex video featured THREE WWE Stars, or rather two current and one ex, who may or may not have had a hand in their release. So you suspend Paige for the video that means you suspend Xavier Woods or be accused of sexism... not happening.

Paige's suspensions were due to her and Del Rio's use of substances, however much she protested otherwise...they put out a flat statement to refute her and she shut up. Charlotte may have stuff out there, she also had her own difficulties remember with domestic issues while with Bram in NXT and even an arrest for domestic violence back in the dim and distant past with her first husband... so she has also had the "benefit of the doubt".

In Rollin's case, it wasn't "leaked" in so much as he screwed up himself sending the stuff, there was certainly a "woman scorned" in there, just as when Liz Huberdeau went in on Cena or Mrs Wyatt.. it's not a big deal as it happens often.

While WWE DOES make the mistake of trying to meddle in relationships, it was plain to see that Del Rio and Paige were a toxic combination and it was leading her down a dangerous path. Whether they should have gone as far as they did to try to break them up notwithstanding, it was clearly a negative influence on her and they are allowed to raise the concern when she has to be suspended twice, just as they could have insisted on rehab or release.

There was an issue with Del Rio over racism that probably will always fuel bad blood.... ADR will always say "you fired me first..." as he was immediately released while the staff member took time cos of HR policies. If ADR could have sued, the idiot who was racist definitely could have if they'd not followed EVERY staff policy to the letter, all the hearings, time to gather evidence etc... ADR was like it or not, easier to remove immediately. Vince will always say "we gave you a second chance and look how you repaid us...either way you assaulted an employee..." Paige would have been in the middle of all that BS.

As for the movie, it's a movie ABOUT a contracted WWE star and not about Benoit, so of course they are going to care about it, promote the hell out of it and want it to show the company as positively as possible. However funny the movie is (it is a comedy by all accounts) there will now potentially be a "sting in the tail" that looks bad for WWE.

Reviewers will mention "she got hurt/retired right before the movie came out by an opponent..." Promotion of the film in interviews will be doubly difficult for Paige, and likely Dwayne will have to be drafted in to back her up. Even if it's not a WWE Studios film, WWE has a LOT riding on the film showing them in a good light and to undo some of that negativity Benoit, Steroids and the deaths of so many wrestlers has caused... having the subject of that film retired at 25 is not a good advert for them.

WWE is damage controlling for sure, her interview on RAW, stopping short of retirement is likely part of that. Her retirement won't come officially till after the movie now...

No WWE talent has ever been punished for their leaks. Paige was suspended first for 30, then 60 days, because she failed a wellness test twice. Once for ADHD medication that she didn't get a waiver for, same as Roman and Eva Marie. The second was for painkillers, due to her history of neck and back issues. Her own parents even admitted this and tried to pressure WWE into paying for the medical issues Paige incurred before she signed with WWE. If you want to argue that WWE medical staff need to be more up to date on the talent's list of medication, I'll agree with you there. Charlotte and Rollins weren't punished for their private photo leaks though, just like Paige wasn't, because they were leaked by an unknown party.

As far as the relationship between Paige and ADR, I have no inside knowledge of it, just as you don't either. For some reason, WWE has a history of trying to break apart their talent that are dating. They recently did it with Big Cass and Carmella as well.

I always find it fascinating how they suspend talent for 30 days for failing Wellness, and give Paige sixty days for two violations, yet Randy Orton still has a job after failing Wellness FOUR TIMES.

It is a company rule that all on screen employees are supposed to be in their TV attire at each televised show. That means wrestlers have to be in their gear. They weren't gonna send Paige, who could still manage the group, to ringside in a tank top and yoga pants.

They also just can't drop the Absolution story line. What are they going to do? Sent Rose and DeVille back to NXT and pretend they didn't just spend the last few weeks wrecking havoc?

Jesus I swear your posts give me headaches, and not just because of the spelling and grammar.

I would keep Absolution, and add either Billie Kay or Peyton Royce as the third member, and then have Paige be their manager/spokesperson. Paige can also give orders to Absolution to take out other Divas. So portray her as the mastermind behind the group, but the others "get their hands dirty".

Not true, last week they did send Paige out in her casual clothes. Plus the one thing I hate more then anything, is people writing snarky comments just because I don't take everything the dirt sheet are reporting like it's 100% true.

P.S: what's with all the grammar stuff, are you a teacher or something? Because that the only reason I could see why you care so much about how I write.

A) maybe they're saving the retirement for the 25th anniversary show

B) maybe she's not retiring

C) maybe they'll give her the Rumble victory, which she can achieve without having to take a simple bump.

The latter would be a nice way to go out, it's also a pipe dream.

I would keep Absolution, and add either Billie Kay or Peyton Royce as the third member, and then have Paige be their manager/spokesperson. Paige can also give orders to Absolution to take out other Divas. So portray her as the mastermind behind the group, but the others "get their hands dirty".
You'd break up The Iconic Duo?

I think Absolution can fair fine the way it is right now. Just keep Paige as a manager.

Well, she is officially out of Rumble so there goes that option.

And Sasha is officially in trenches. She would have fun jobbing to likes of Mandy Rose.

If She was retiring from in ring competition like mention by mike johnson, as far as the storyline goes right now, it doesn'T seem like she is especially with the backstage segment they did.

Here the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5WXLWPIHa0

I'm guessing that they are thinking about not letting her wrestled again but are waiting to see how bad the injury is before making a final decision on if they can let her wrestle again or not and if they are forced to make her retire then what's the next step is to take her out of the absolution angle.

If She was retiring from in ring competition like mention by mike johnson, as far as the storyline goes right now, it doesn'T seem like she is especially with the backstage segment they did.

Here the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5WXLWPIHa0

I'm guessing that they are thinking about not letting her wrestled again but are waiting to see how bad the injury is before making a final decision on if they can let her wrestle again or not and if they are forced to make her retire then what's the next step is to take her out of the absolution angle.

All Paige did in that video was confirm her injury and the fact that she's sitting out of the Rumble. I'm not sure how any of that goes against the reports of her in-ring retirement.

WWE doesn't have to take her out of Absolution. They could just keep the group as they are with Paige as the mouthpiece or add a new member with Paige still managing things. Either way, keeping her involved with Absolution is vital as she brings name value and credibility to the group (two things the Riott Squad desperately lack).

All Paige did in that video was confirm her injury and the fact that she's sitting out of the Rumble. I'm not sure how any of that goes against the reports of her in-ring retirement.

WWE doesn't have to take her out of Absolution. They could just keep the group as they are with Paige as the mouthpiece or add a new member with Paige still managing things. Either way, keeping her involved with Absolution is vital as she brings name value and credibility to the group (two things the Riott Squad desperately lack).

If she was forced to retired, they would have pull her off the storyline already. They would have invented some sort of storyline that something happens at a live events and that after having some tested done, they said she couldn't wrestle again or something of this nature. Having her still be with absolution and cutting this style of promo makes me thing that they are still hoping for her to be able to wrestled someday and that what was reported isn'T 100% accurate right now.

WWE wouldn't let her even hint that she might be coming back if there wasn't a chance in heel that she would come back. That'S not in their nature do go like nothing happened with something as important as a career ending injury.

Above is video of Mike Rome talking to Absolution's Paige, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville after Sonya and Mandy defeated RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss and Mickie James last night. Paige interrupts and comments on how Rose & Deville have the advantage of winning the Elimination Chamber

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back