Breaking: Paige Reportedly Done As An In-Ring WWE Performer

Kodo Sawaki

Championship Contender
PWInsider.com has reportedly confirmed with multiple sources that following her recent injury at a WWE Live event Paige will not be cleared by WWE doctors to return to the company as an in-ring performer.

They are comparing the situation to Edge’s medical disqualification from the ring that led to his retirement.

Their full report can be found HERE, we have included some highlights below.

Related: Paige Comments On Recent Setback

- Paige was informed of the decision by WWE earlier this week.
- Paige appears to have received a “stinger” in her six-woman tag match on December 28th after being kicked from behind by Sasha Banks
- Paige immediately fell to the ground, was looked at by medical officials and the match was stopped
- Due to the “stinger” Paige could not feel her extremeties
Paige will be replaced in the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match
- WWE has yet to confirm this report. Once, or if, they do we will have their announcement here on WrestleZone.

Source: Main Page aka from some reason not Wrestlezone but Mandatory

Full report

2016 into 2017 was one issue after another for WWE star Paige. 2017 into 2018 was supposed to be her major comeback to WWE, her redemption. Inside the ring, sadly, that will not be the case.

In a situation described as similar to WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland's medical disqualification from the ring, WWE star Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis, 25 years old) was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after her most recent in-ring injury, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. It is believed Paige was given the news at the Raw taping this past Monday. We have been told by multiple sources she is "done" as an in-ring wrestler.

During a six woman tag team bout on 12/28/17 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island, Paige had her back to Sasha Banks, who was behind her against the turnbuckles. Banks used the ropes to pull herself up and kicked with both legs into Paige's back. Paige, obviously not ready for the bump, went down. She tried to get up but could not get her legs under her, finally did get up and turned to grab Banks, immediately falling down again and rolling over to her back, where she stayed. The referee checked on her and called for the bell. She was examined by WWE medical personnel and a stretcher was brought to ringside to transport her back to the locker room. After several minutes, Paige walked out under her own power.

It was believed at the time that Paige had suffered a stinger, leading to her losing feeling in her extremities. Given her previous neck surgery, WWE pulled her from the ring and set up further testing that led to this week's decision.

Paige had been announced for the first-ever Women's Royal Rumble match on 1/28 in Philadelphia after she was injured, but we are told that was before medical testing led to the determination that she was to be pulled from performing as an in-ring competitor. She will be replaced in the match and all signs are that she will relegated to a non-physical role for the company going forward. One would assume the company will devise a way to write her out of the Rumble match without any physicality, similar to how Daniel Bryan is not allowed to be involved in anything physical in his current role as Smackdown General Manager.

Paige's injury came, as most injuries do, at the worst possible time.

2016 into 2017 was an explosive year for Paige that saw her undergo neck surgery, be hit with a pair of WWE Wellness Policy suspensions, undergo the embarrassment of personal and explicit videos being leaked and of course, her public and tumultuous relationship with Alberto el Patron. There were a number of incidents that played out in the public eye involving the couple, included a July 2017 scene at the Orlando International Airport that was so bad, local authorities got involved, later determining not only that Paige was the aggressor in the situation but that there was enough evidence to prosecute her for domestic violence battery. In the end, the District Attorney's office opted not to move forward with the prosecution.

By the latter part of the year, however, Paige was cleared medically and was finally back in the ring, spending time at the WWE Performance Center in order to prepare for a television return. She was brought back with great fanfare during a great Raw segment last year, helping to introduce NXT talents Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville to the main roster as part of the Absolution faction. The strategy behind putting the group together may have been to devise a way to limit Paige's ring time due to her previous neck issues, while also getting her back on TV in a prominent role. Almost immediately, the trio was clicking, feuding with Sasha Banks, Bayley and Mickie James. Paige was right back where she should have been.

Then, the injury happened.

The irony of the situation, a number of sources have pointed out, is that no one would think there was anything physically wrong by looking at Paige, making it even more unthinkable that she, at 25, is being removed from WWE competition.

A second generation star from Norwich, England who broke into the business at just 13 years of age, Paige's signing to WWE developmental was instrumental in leading to the current incarnation of the WWE women's division. She was one of the first breakout stars of the WWE NXT brand as it evolved from just being a developmental territory. NXT's Women's division, unlike the WWE main roster at the time, specifically focused on the athletic in-ring abilities of the female talents and built stories, title matches and rivalries no different than NXT's male counterparts.

As more and more talents migrated from NXT to arrive on WWE's main roster, the women's division there also evolved, becoming far more performance-based as the division became a more popular and important piece of WWE's product, Paige was not only a major part of moving the division forward, she was the first sign of that the tides were changing.

Paige, the first NXT Women's champion, was moved to the main roster as a surprise the day after Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans, shockingly defeating AJ Lee to become the WWE Divas champion. In doing so, Paige became the first and only woman to hold the belts simultaneously. With her Divas championship win, she was also the youngest woman to hold the belt at 21 years of age. She would hold the Divas championship twice.

While Paige will not be allowed to wrestle going forward by the company, we are told that she is extremely well liked by management, so one would think she would remain with the company in some capacity. She was featured on reality series Total Divas, so that's a possible vehicle for her, as are WWE Studios feature films. It's also possible the company could tap her to Coach in the NXT system or attempt to transition her into another on camera role.

Of course, The Rock is producing WWE Studios' forthcoming film "Fighting With My Family", which will be released theatrically September 14th. The company will obviously utilize Paige to promote the film, which based on a British documentary made about Paige's family, The Knights, who have been wrestling and promoting the World Association of Wrestling (WAW) promotion in Great Britain for years. One of the lead characters, named Raya (short for Saraya, Paige's given name) is played by actress Florence Pugh and is the central character of the film as it follows a fictionalized version of Paige's path to World Wrestling Entertainment, right down to a major scene where they recreate the night she debuted on Raw and captured the Divas championship.

The importance of her connection to the film alone should allow Paige to continue to be showcased in some fashion until the film hits theaters.

Outside of WWE, Paige had been attempting to build a separate brand for herself under the name "Saraya" with the assistance of former WWE star Rosa Mendes and her husband. Obviously, that will continue as well.

Wow, bummer if its true.

Definitely a huge blow to women's wrestling in the WWE. She was the fresh face that was desperately needed in female division that felt partially stale at times. If these rumors are true, I'd love to see Paige stick around and become a manager for someone who struggles to get a consistent reaction from the crowd. Pair her up with Finn Balor or Baron Corbin to keep her on television and help some of these guys standout against a pretty stacked roster.

Whatever the case, it truly sucks when careers get cut short like this — especially one so young. The women of WWE were making history without Paige there and they'll continue doing so without her so I'd imagine she's in a pretty low place right now.

If this is true, i kinda feel sad for her mostly because of everything that happened last year with her injury, her personal life falling apart and her depression she had only to fight her way through it and be able to comeback, have a great storyline for her comeback and it seems like she was on the verge of getting a huge push going into mania maybe even winning the rumble and now, it'S all taken away from her because Sasha Banks miss time a move and re injured, her neck in the process and i don'T know what else got damage with that move.

So now what does that mean for her, If she's forced to retire because of it, you could still use her as the mouthpiece for absolution but you would need to add a third person in the group to replace her as a performer. Again that's if she want to still be involve in the product. As a manager, she doesn't need to take bumps but that again up to her if she would be confortable just being on the outside in a manger role.

Outside of that, i don't know what she could do outside of that if she wants to stay with WWE, maybe just do promotional work for them.

The biggest thing that will probably happen out of all of this is that it's probably Sasha Banks that will get all the heat for this because even if it was a accident, she's still the one that did the move that injured and ultimately retired Paige. Plus how will Sasha feel about the fact that it's her fault Paige can't wrestle anymore? That's the sad thing about it.

Paige had a great career in front of her and because of a accident, she probably done now at the age of 25 which is young to retire from wrestling. Anyway, until WWE confirm this, it'S still in the rumor stage so let's hope it's not true because WWE would lose one of the most talented performers they have in the women's division and she had a lot of years left to become a even bigger star.

If this is true and she doesn't want to do anything in front of the camera, do you do something special for her like you did with Edge and Daniel Bryan and give her a segment either at the beginning or the end of Raw next week to announce her retirement and say goodbye to the fans or you just let this one go? Because i feel she a big enough star to let her have her moment like Daniel Bryan and Edge had.

Really awful. Paige has been through so much in the past year and a half, she finally makes her return, is actually doing something somewhat interesting and because of one freak kick, her career is over.

I can't help but think of the big picture implications this might have. Not really sure what becomes of Absolution now, and I think this shows just how serious WWE takes neck/head injuries, and that doesn't bode well for people who think Daniel Bryan might be wrestling at Mania/Summerslam (and I won't lie, I was starting to become one of those people).

I like the idea of her becoming a manager, I REALLY like the idea of her becoming a coach at the PC though. I'm not sure what the deal is with coaches taking bumps, I'm pretty sure HBK doesn't bump down there but you know, he's Shawn Michaels. Still, I think Paige has a lot to teach to the young women coming up in the system.

Also, I've seen a lot of hate for Sasha online because of all of this... please stop that.

Sad as she's so young with great talent and just started her comeback, She's had quite bad luck the past couple of years. Would like to see her stick around and still do something in the WWE.

Also, I've seen a lot of hate for Sasha online because of all of this... please stop that.

Sasha is catching hell right now. I'm seeing more people attacking or defending her than people actually discussing Paige. Some folks are actually trying to get F-you Sasha trending in a hashtag.

Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]IJmn64u9VME[/YOUTUBE]

Now was this the smartest move considering the injury Paige had overcome, no. But this smear campaign that Sasha single handily ruined her career is ridiculous.

I do fear how Paige would react if she received news that the WWE wouldn't clear her, she's not known for making the most rash decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to continue wrestling elsewhere and really hurt herself. But If this is true (Paige recently posted on her Instagram that "the comeback is always stronger than the setback) it really is an unfortunate case. I'm not the biggest Paige fan, but she would be missed.

Sasha is catching hell right now. I'm seeing more people attacking or defending her than people actually discussing Paige. Some folks are actually trying to get F-you Sasha trending in a hashtag.

Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]IJmn64u9VME[/YOUTUBE]

Now was this the smartest move considering the injury Paige had overcome, no. But this smear campaign that Sasha single handily ruined her career is ridiculous.

I do fear how Paige would react if she received news that the WWE wouldn't clear her, she's not known for making the most rash decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to continue wrestling elsewhere and really hurt herself. But If this is true (Paige recently posted on her Instagram that "the comeback is always stronger than the setback) it really is an unfortunate case. I'm not the biggest Paige fan, but she would be missed.
You know, I remember watching the video the night it happened on my phone but I was half asleep, watching it here... I really have no idea what was going through Sasha's head unless she straight up just forgot who she was facing, which I guess is entirely possible.

Still, she doesn't deserve the bull that she's getting now. I can only imagine how awful she's feeling and to say or think that she did this deliberately is just so stupid.

Over the past year and a half or so Sasha seems to have gotten the reputation of an unsafe worker but, has anything else happened like this before? I don't mean ending somebody's career obviously but causing an injury to someone? I know she herself has taken more than a few wild bumps and there was this one incident with Charlotte and a moonsault... but both came out of that fine. It hardly seems like a fair reputation to have.

You know, I remember watching the video the night it happened on my phone but I was half asleep, watching it here... I really have no idea what was going through Sasha's head unless she straight up just forgot who she was facing, which I guess is entirely possible.

Still, she doesn't deserve the bull that she's getting now. I can only imagine how awful she's feeling and to say or think that she did this deliberately is just so stupid.

Over the past year and a half or so Sasha seems to have gotten the reputation of an unsafe worker but, has anything else happened like this before? I don't mean ending somebody's career obviously but causing an injury to someone? I know she herself has taken more than a few wild bumps and there was this one incident with Charlotte and a moonsault... but both came out of that fine. It hardly seems like a fair reputation to have.

I think, and I may be wrong on this, but I think her rep as an unsafe worker is more due to her harming her own body. Most other places, like reddit, that I have checked out seem to have that opinion. I do see some people, enough to be a minor trend, call her out for looking sloppy and trying to many intricate moves as well. Oh and that spot where she has an opponent propped in the corner and she jumps and lands knees first on their midsection, that one sparks some debate as well.

The thing I find odd about this is that there have been other instances where guys seriously injured an opponent and no one batted an eye, well except Bret Hart. Joe ended Tyson Kidd's career and barely an eye was batted. D'Lo paralyzed Droz. AJ has broken like three necks with the Clash and that only raised a minor controversy. Rollins retired an admittedly 50+ year old Sting. No one, save Bret, called for their heads.

There is a growing disdain for Sasha in the IWC, mostly due to how she has been reported to treat fans, so maybe that is why there is a vocal cry here, but yeah, she doesn't deserve to be crucified.

Feel bad for Paige. Been a rough time for her and now this, the bad just stacks up. She'll get a job with WWE outside of active competition, no doubt.

Sasha Banks is perhaps the most overrated wrestler in the world right now. You cannot be good at something if you hurt yourself doing it and cause injuries to others. This spot, if Paige is actually forced into retirement, was absolutely one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time. Why the hell would you throw that kick? People calling it a smear campaign seriously need to have at the long trail of evidence that links Sasha Banks to injuries. The woman isn't very good. I don't care how many flips you can do or what crowd reaction you get, if you can't do a match without hurting someone than you're shit.

This speaks to a larger issue of Sasha Banks being clumsy as hell inside the ring. The double knee spot nearly messed up Charlotte at SummerSlam a few years ago, Banks has gone through a bunch of injuries to herself since she clearly doesn't recognize what the hell she is doing wrong and now she thinks it's a good idea to kick someone with a history of having a bad neck right in the back of her neck within the first two months of her return.

Banks is either really dumb or a bad worker. Those are the two options. It's sad that Paige had to pay the price for Banks' continued sloppy work.

It's a shame that it has to happen to anybody, but especially to someone that had so much left to contribute and accomplish. She's only 25 year's old for God's sake and she'd been out of action deal with a neck issue for, what, 17 or 18 months?

When I first read about the injury she suffered in December, you had to know that WWE would be concerned about it. When it comes to head and neck trauma, you really can't fault WWE for being so cautious as the company should watch out for the safety of the talent and its own ass as well.

As far as Sasha's involvement, I don't see as its her fault because if Paige's condition was that fragile then it was bound to happen sooner or later. Whether it was against Mickie James, Bayley, Nia Jax or Asuka, it was just a matter of time before she took a hard enough bump to cause this injury anyhow. To my knowledge, Sasha isn't an unsafe worker so much as there's basically been a growing internet fan dislike of her due to numerous reports that she treats fans badly. It's one thing to cop an attitude when fans are being disrespectful while you're out and about trying to live your life, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the vast majority of these instances. When Sasha's on her own time, she basically wants to be left alone with zero interaction with or from fans; I get that but, at the same time, if you wanna be famous then a distinct lack of privacy has to go along with it. Despite the fact that she may or may not be a bitch to fans, depending on the circumstances, I don't think she should suffer any blame for what happened to Paige. Paige was medically cleared to compete, that means she was given a clean bill of health so unless Sasha was directly told to avoid hitting Paige in the back and she disobeyed, then it's not on her.

I think, and I may be wrong on this, but I think her rep as an unsafe worker is more due to her harming her own body. Most other places, like reddit, that I have checked out seem to have that opinion. I do see some people, enough to be a minor trend, call her out for looking sloppy and trying to many intricate moves as well. Oh and that spot where she has an opponent propped in the corner and she jumps and lands knees first on their midsection, that one sparks some debate as well.

The thing I find odd about this is that there have been other instances where guys seriously injured an opponent and no one batted an eye, well except Bret Hart. Joe ended Tyson Kidd's career and barely an eye was batted. D'Lo paralyzed Droz. AJ has broken like three necks with the Clash and that only raised a minor controversy. Rollins retired an admittedly 50+ year old Sting. No one, save Bret, called for their heads.

There is a growing disdain for Sasha in the IWC, mostly due to how she has been reported to treat fans, so maybe that is why there is a vocal cry here, but yeah, she doesn't deserve to be crucified.
You're right but I think this is a unique case, at least compared to the others. She was injured for... however long it was 15-16 months, she finally returns and three weeks later... she's gone again, this time for good, and at 25 years old no less (even though she's been wrestling since she was like 12 or 13). I can understand being mad about that, but there's no reason to focus that energy on Sasha.

And this isn't a Sasha thread so I don't wanna derail too much, but while we're at it, I've always found the story about Sasha mistreating fans to be hilarious. The only one on record is the hotel/pizza story and I'm 100% in Sasha's corner there. And I found Shane Douglas' take on the whole situation to be absolutely hilarious.

There also seems to be a double standard there as well because when a Randy Orton or a CM Punk does it, it's fine, in fact I'd say the majority probably take their side... but when Sasha does it... you know what, that's territory I don't wanna get into.

Anyone defending Sasha clearly doesn't know shit.

You should barely touch someone, let alone kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back LET ALONE someone who just came back from major fucking neck surgery.

A shame so much potential was snuffed out so early. From a future all-time great to done by the age of 25.

You should never kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back.

A shame so much potential was snuffed out so early. From a future all-time great to done by the age of 25.

A part of me feels that Sasha shouldn't be frowned upon for what happened against Paige, accidents are bound to happen at some point...

On the other hand: Her accident lead to her ending the career of someone and has only added to her reputation of being an unsafe worker. It also doesn't help that the IWC has turned their back on her in recent months. for various reasons. If i'm Vince, i'm asking myself: Is it worth pushing Sasha as the face of the RAW womens division if this is what's going to happen?

Personally: I'd say it's not worth it. I'd have Sasha de-pushed considerably and not trust her with the women's title until she learns how to be safe in the ring. As for who gets her push, i'd probably give it to either Bayley or Nia.

I must have missed this but when was this?

It's wrestling and by this point "it isn't ballet" is engraved in my head with all these damn podcasts.

Sad for Paige, she was doing so well and it is genuinely nice to see her back (not like that).

You should barely touch someone, let alone kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back LET ALONE someone who just came back from major fucking neck surgery.

yeah she shouldnt have done that, she knew Paige was injured, do other moves away from the neck.

What I'm about to post isn't in defense of Sasha. It's just common sense. First Paige was medically cleared to wrestle. What happened to Paige could have happened at any point with any worker on any bump. Sasha might have a history of hurting people, but if her neck was this fragile she shouldn't have been working anyway.

D'Lo is a pretty good guy and has shown incredible remorse for it. He still gets brought up literally only for doing this and nothing else in his career maybe outside Jim Cornette touching on some of his earlier work in the ring. AJ didn't break a single one of those necks considering every single injury sustained by the Styles Clash was due to the recipient messing up the move. Seth has had a lot of backlash as being a dangerous worker between the whole breaking John Cena's nose, Finn Balor, and Sting deals. Sting has thus commented on it clearing up the stigma about it and of course. Also, Rollins has retired a few of his more risky moves and altered his style to be a bit safer on not only his opponent but also himself.

On the other hand, I do think Samoa Joe literally almost legitimately murdering Tyson Kidd not being brought up is ridiculous. There was a much higher chance of Tyson Kidd dying due to that injury than living. If you look at the injury, it's death rate, and all the information available on it the situation really is completely f***ed. I'm sure they chalked it up to a freak accident or there was some reasoning to at the worst, just work past it and move on.

Sasha is sloppy. She does have an incredible raw talent for professional wrestling as far as work rate (both in-ring athleticism and storytelling), but she lacks experience. It'd be wrong to put the blame solely on her on this occasion. That spot was incredibly stupid and the kick was overly stiff if you watch the footage. Definitely angry at Lance Storm using mental gymnastics and chalking this up to chance. The spot was something you just don't do or need to in pro-wrestling and the kick was very visibly harder than it should have been.

At the same time wether, this was laid out or called in the ring Paige knowing she had a fucked back and neck should have said no to this immediately. Sasha is feeding her family, living her dream, and working at her job and she neither the 4 other women in this match that aren't Paige should play babysitter or stay up to date on someone who hasn't been around for months personal life.

The spot was stupid and with that many neck issues, Paige should have honestly retired already. Sasha should probably learn from this and try to tighten or smoothen up her moves a bit. I do appreciate her work ethic and that she's young and looking to be the best at what she does, but even Shawn Michaels had to learn despite an infinite potential. Good on Don Callis for having a great and old-school view of how ridiculous this incident in general was and for calling out Lance for being a complete clown just because he trained Sasha.

On another note. A lot of women in Stardom, Shimmer, etc. Are incredibly talented and far exceed the WWE women in-ring ability. Not that the WWE women are untalented, but they generally don't have a lot of experience. The in-ring work has improved, but in comparison to someone with 10 or 15 straight years of working since 14 or 15 and actually drawing and being main events, they just aren't very good. I know the whole "Women's Wrestling is new!" thing in WWE is cool despite it being behind 10 years of reality, but they really should have eased everyone into this. Then again Stephanie needs those sweet emotional video packages for her both corporate and charity worlds. It's not only not as entertaining as it could be, but it's also pretty dangerous to put nothing but green workers with green workers and expect something good out of it. A 25-year-old is retiring. Even if it's just one case and she did do some idiotic indy wrestling with her carne wrestling family prior to coming here it needs to be looked further into and taken into serious account. Way too many close calls happen on a frequent basis with pretty much every female worker except Asuka, Micke, Charlotte and maybe Bliss.

Edit//Note: Thank you Paige if truly you're done at 25 for just looking unique in a division of brain dead dolls and bringing wrestling to sports entertainment. Youngest Diva's champion at 21. Inaugural NXT Women's Champion. 2 Time Diva's Champ. Will not even get near your in-ring prime, but I hope you play some role in the WWE or other wrestling promotions (maybe Lucha Underground or Impact would be a good role) and make some money to take care of your health. Also that AJ Lee feud is still super memorable, lovable, and weird.

Paige was fragile with the neck injury. It could have been Sasha, Becky, Nia or the waiter in catering bumping into Paige. This was GOING to happen. Neck and back injuries are like that. Now, she is kept from the ring, and goes to the PC as a Trainer. I doubt her parents are going to let her wrestle in their outfit. Especially after they raised the roof about her original injury.

I must have missed this but when was this?
During Summerslam weekend some fans approached to her at hotel while she was trying to go get pizza and she dissed them which lead to them booing her. Her getting on some podcast and calling them stalkers didnt helped the case. So yeah, her treating fans isnt considered as good.

With that and this Paige injury I could see her catching heat. Add that apparently Vince doesnt like her, plus probable adding of Rousey and rise of Asuka and Sashas future isnt so bright.

Paige took the same spot from Bayley the night before. The difference was Bayley did it just with her legs, Sasha pushed off the corner with force while using her legs. Point is, Bayley protected Paige's back by doing the spot the right way, Sasha did it carelessly, so why shouldn't some of the blame be put on her?

Well I feel bad for her getting injured and being done as in-ring performer permanently but I can't say I'm gonna miss her as I always found her overrated and boring as shit. Since returning, I've skipped anything Paige/Absolution on Raw. Personally found the "Women's Revolution" more entertaining without her presence there even though I'm not a fan of the "Women's Revolution" in general.

Sasha Banks is no prize for me and I can't stand her either.

I'm on the "it was going to happen regardless" train. Whether it happened in that instant or a month or a year down the line, Paige's career was always going to be done sooner rather than later with her neck as fucked up as it was. If WWE's medical policy was as strict in the past as it is today, Edge probably would have been done years sooner than he ultimately was. That doesn't mean Sasha doesn't deserve part of the blame. The #1 goal of any wrestler is, or should be, to always protect the people you're in the ring with because they're literally putting their life in your hands. What Sasha did was reckless and more than a little bit stupid, and whether Paige's days were numbered or not, Sasha's actions directly ended Paige's career.

I would bet that she's going to get a ton of heat and will suffer the consequences for a long while. I don't see her circling the title picture anytime soon. Definitely feel for Paige though. To have my career end at 25 when I still had all the potential in the world would pretty much devastate me.

The thing people forget is that Paige had a "loaded deck" to begin with, as she had scoliosis they only found when she had joined the company. So basically her spine was predisposed to problems and there was always going to be higher likelihood of her career ending earlier as a result.

However there is no way this is anything but bad for WWE as a whole... It puts into sharp focus that any performer is a moment away from permanent injury, it ends the career of a talent who not only had more to give the business, but is going to be highlighted in the movie shortly... that movie now ends with one of those depressing cards that says "Saraya-Jade was forced to retire aged 25, after being severely injured during a match..." and god knows what else happens in the meantime with Paige's know fragile mental state...

WWE have a MAJOR duty of care to this woman, and they will be scrutinised if they fail on it. A job is the least they can give her, and I am sure she will remain on tour and part of the show, even if it's as a manager/valet or even a commentator or backstage interviewer. If WWE don't go ALL OUT to make sure Paige is looked after, and the worst happens then they will have major blowback.

Personally, I think the NXT trainer idea is actually one of the better ones. Paige certainly knows the business and with her years of experience could be very valuable in that role, even if she can't bump. I am sure she will be involved with her family territory as well in the UK at various points, she could also work well for the WWE UK arm if it ever gets going as a GM type... so there are things she can do for WWE.

Should Sasha face any blowback? Sorry but yes... While what she did wasn't unsafe in the same way Owen piledriving Austin or D Lo powerbombing Droz was, the outcome is the same, a top talent is gone as a result. It's unlikely other talents will trust her in the ring in the same way and there will always be that niggling doubt as to whether she just "screwed up" or was frustrated in some way and kicked a little harder than should have been done.

Personally, I think it's so sad this happened, and really hope that the company, her friends and family make sure she doesn't go into a downward spiral... lest we have a real tragedy on our hands.

I wonder how much of her condition can be attributed to training at such a young age. Our bodies are so fragile as adults, I would imagine that there are certain things some are not meant to do while they are still developing.

Just a thought. I'm not a doctor.

Otherwise this sucks for her. She had a lot more to gain from the industry and that is gone now. It isn't that big of a loss for WWE. She was basically gone for a year and the women's division was just fine. She is replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back