BREAKING: Angle replaces Roman and Balor faces Styles!

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone' started by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D., Oct 20, 2017.

1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

It's a Finn Balor match so, realistically, yes.

Pika likes this.
  2. Cena Is A Punk Rocker

Cena Is A Punk Rocker Accidental spam artist

People getting sick is making this PPV better. I have mixed feelings.

3. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

Kayfabe, it makes sense for Angle to take Roman's place. Kinda. His main event got fucked due to unforseen circumstances. So he takes it upon himself to fill in.

Actually, Angle has been a pretty fucking killer GM altogether in kayfabe.

4. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Or Angle put his son in the match and that causes them to lose, which builds towards an eventful Jordan heel turn, builds anticipation for a Shield victory and makes it look like Roman is the main guy and they need him.

5. Mantaur Rodeo Clown

Mantaur Rodeo Clown X-Pac Rules

Refer to

As for the main event, I think Roman Reigns does a run in and makes the save. Vince thinks there's no way the crowd could boo a dude BAD enough to give the superman punch to viral meningitis, an infection which has stricken down other lame wrestlers like Bo and Bray

The crowd will go more wild and haywire than Romans immune system currently

Pika likes this.
  6. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Well-Known Member

My only problem with both changes is that we had to suffered through all the build up for theses matches and we won't get the payoff to either match. Plus the fact, they couldn't do the sister abigail vs finn balor at TLC means that this feud isn't over yet until we get that match and I was ready to put the finn balor/bray wyatt feud behind me and give something else to do for finn balor.

7. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

Match quality wise, there is no doubt to the quality of the substitutes.

Moving forward there could have been logical replacements. To replace Bray they could have debuted the Bludgeon Brothers because of the Wyatt Family connections with Balor bringing in his Bullet Club predecessor AJ Styles - a quick ramp promo would cover this very quickly.

A similar tweek would also cover the Shield - with the stipulation Kurt put in place with the cage match in RAW re: no interference, all we would need is Kurt to come out and rip the heels but saying he will permit Kane and allow the numeric advantage to stand but it won't be 5 versus 3 because he has two angry family members looking to avenge what happened to Roman before bringing out the SmackDown tag team champion Usos. This isn't as big as Kurt's in ring return but it makes sense and keeps the storyline continuity clean going into Survivor Series were the 5 versus 3 could then be done traditional SS style and it still allows time to build a (and I'm going a little guesswork here) Kurt versus Miz match down the line.

8. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

This also raises the question: Was Kurt already cleared to return? Was he already getting back in shape? Are they planning something else?

9. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

They definitely could have gone a more logical route for Finn Balor's TLC, but they were painted into a corner for the main event. Logic has gotta be tossed out the window in favour of attendance.

I expect some Jason Jordan fuckery here. Jordan costs Angle the match, and takes on Miz as a father figure.

10. Pika

Pika Well-Known Member

I mean. I honestly watch WWE expecting them to retcon stuff that happened literally a hour ago. To me it's kind of just like. Well a big match gone. Let's get a big name to cement the show and sales and not let down fans. Both realistically and in keyfabe.

I don't know though. Who do you think would be a better logical opponent? I haven't caught up with Raw, at all.

11. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

Well, I may be using the term "logic" a little loosely. The end result isn't illogical, per se, but it's a far cry from a linear narrative. If they wanted someone who ties into the story a little closer, Matt Hardy or Jason Jordan would have made sense, but certainly wouldn't have been box office.

12. Pika

Pika Well-Known Member

That's fair. They're not even on the card right? They might be holding Jason for another reason like people are speculating and I think Matt might be a little out of left field. I'm fine with Styles, but long term I might of enjoyed Jason or Matt because they're kind of throwing away that Balor v. Styles match IMO.

If they choose or try to explain the decision on the PPV or whatever I'm sure they could do it either way. I'll just wait until the RAW after to really pass judgement cause they might of worked something out involving the aftermath of the PPV in specific.