Bound For Glory: General Discussion

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
Bound For Glory takes place on 5 November in Ontario, Canada. Three matches are already confirmed.

World Tag Team Championship - oVe © VS. LAX
Knockouts Championship - Sienna © VS. Gail Kim VS. Taryn Terrell VS. Allie
Global Championship - Eli Drake VS. Johnny Impact

As of now, the card looks good enough for a PPV.

Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie have been feuding for a while so I expect a singles match between them at the PPV. Which means we'll get two women matches which is always nice since it's good to have grudge matches for women as well instead of just title matches.

X-Division is just there. And so is Grand Championship. X-Division Championship, I guess, would be defended in some multi-person match. Considering Ethan Carter III is feuding with AAA guys, I don't think that the title will be defended at the PPV. Expecting Moose Vs. Lashley as well in some sort of gimmick match.

From what I've gotten from tv as of now, it's seem that the remaining match on the card would be

Lashley and king mo vs stephen bonnar and moose
A multi persin x division title match
Storm/edwards and ec3 vs the aaa guys
Maybe rosemary vs taya valkarie if rosemary is able to wrestle
Also something involving grado and joseph parks

Plus it was confirm that alberto el patron would comeback at bound for glory for I'm thinking that this segment will take some time

In the end, I this look like a pretty strong card and I'm really excited of being able to see it live since I'm live near ottawa and I was able to get tickets for the show.

So the build up to this show is done and we know pretty much the whole card, too bad they could do a better job at editing those show before bound for glory because the last 2 week of IMPACT felt like throwaway edition which they shouldn't be since they are the come home shows for the PPV and that's those show that make the fans decide if they are going to buy the PPV or not.

At less, they will get a pack house for the PPV because the show as been sold out for weeks now and that'S good because with what they gave us on tv the past couple of weeks, nobody would have bought tickets for this shows following what they gave us.

Having said that, they're some really good match on this card, personally, if i was them, i wouldn't have the World title match as the main event of the show because as of now, the most interesting match on the card is the steel cage match and i would even go on to say that the three way for the women's title seem like a bigger match on paper then that world title match so i would put either match on last instead of the Drake vs Impact world title match.

All in all, still excited about seeing the event live and let's hope that they do a good show with what they got.

If I'm being completely honest, this is one of the least exciting BFG lineups I've experienced as a long-time fan of this company. It's a real toss up between this and BFG 2014 from Tokyo — the first in company history to not even feature a match for the World Heavyweight title.

I just don't have a rooting interest in any of these storylines. Literally, not one. The closest is the Impact/Drake main event, and that's only because I'm next to begging for Impact not to give Impact the win (yet).

So they cancelled the "red wedding" match? That seemed to be the most interesting match on the show.

Kinda wanted to do a live report of the event so here we go

First of all, the event was a true sellout and it was standing room only, which I can't say for the TV tapings since JB offered everybody that we're at the show free tickets for the tapings so it's good news bad news for them since they made money on the pvv but will lose money on the TV tapings.

First match of the night was the x division title match.

Really good opener and Peter Williams was the most over guy out of the group. They're was some blown spot here and there but that's normal when you have so many Cruiserweights in one match but nothing that could ruin the quality of the match. 3 out 5

Jobber match, Japanese guy that I don't remember is name vs Tyson due
Fans kinda a got into the match and cheered for both guy, but we all knew this was just a filler match and dux didn't have a chance to win so this was just kinda their. 2 out 5

El patrons promo: I really thought he would have been more over then that. At one point, he tried to get a "si,si,si" chant going and it wasn't working. In the end, the promo was too long and confusing and if they didn't use JB in this segment, it would have died.

Next was the monster's ball match and let me tell you, we really needed this match after the last segment. Grado and abyss were super over with the Ottawa crowd and it showed. This was your regular plumder match with pretty much the same spot you see in every abyss matches. The last minute incorporation of rosemary and laurel van Ness made for a better ending to the match and it one of the angle that I'm interested to see where it's going. 4 out 5.

Six men tag, team impact vs team aaa. Really great match but that's where I got confused a little bit since both team were over even through AAA were suppose to be the heel. Yet again, super hot crowd for this match even if it went a little too long, 4 out 5

5150 street fight. This is where he production value of the show really showed how bad it was because half the crowd couldn't see anything and at one point their was a chant of "we can see shit" going on. So when they finally got into the ring, it didn't change a thing because half the crowd was out of it so the ending was anti climatic. 1 out of 5 (mostly because of not seeing half the match).

By then you could see that the crowd got a little bit tired as the three main event matches we're about to start and fans we're starting to leave.

Triple threat match for the knockout title. Pretty much a predictable outcome but a pretty good match none the less. Fans we're behind Allie and Gail Kim seeing that they are both Canadian girl and Gail won and got a pretty good reaction for it. 3.5 out 5.

Steel cage tag team match. American top team vs moose and Stephen Bonnar. Fans were really into that match even if it showed that their was less fans in the building then when the show started. Love this match and how they build the story. In the end the heels won and fans kinda booed them but also that where, a lot of fans including me started to leave the building. 3.5 out 5.

Main event, Johnny impact vs Eli Drake. Really can't write anything about this match because I left but after seeing the result, I'm glad I left because the ending would have left a sour taste in my mouth.

So in the end. This didn't feel like the biggest show of the year. It was just another show and a lot of it was boring because of the production value of the show. Everything something was going on outside the ring, you couldn't see it because they wouldn't use the big screen to show the action outside and I killed the street fighter for a lot of us. Also, it was super funny because you could hear when they showed the replay on the broadcast but without the picture, it was just sound coming out of the speakers and it was sometimes distracting when they would show a replay during the match. Also having no ring announcer was we're because all the ring announcing was pre recorded and again took away from the experience.

In the end, I feel they will have an interesting time making interesting TV with the way they set up the place and with the lack of tickets sales, you will probably see a lot of the same local fans come to the tapings because it free now.

Not horrible by any means but plenty of questionable decisions. Most importantly, Alberto's interference in the main event. Firstly, you don't build the main event as the actual main event. Instead, a tag match is built as if it's the main event. Secondly, you give big promo time for someone who has caused plenty of problems not long ago. Even when that guy isn't good on promo. And then, you do the screwy finish, making him look like above both the champion and challenger.

Knockouts Championship is won by someone who doesn't need it. And that's because she's retired now.

AAA Vs. IMPACT continues for no reason. You make the MMA guys win over wrestling and actually ruin the already stale feud. X-Division Championship is again defended in a thrown together match.

As always, talent is there but booking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back