Booker T's Changed His Tune - Re: Dancing/Getting Tha Job Done/[Assorted Nonsense]!

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
I can barely understand Booker T. I was excited when he made his debut on commentary, having marked my face off at his return in the Royal Rumble the night before, but soon realised I'd made a terrible mistake. You know, when he started talking. His voice isn't exactly velvety - it sounds like an old man chewing the pavement - but I could forgive it if he said anything other than garbled nonsense. However, I've managed to decipher enough to notice a change. Once upon a time, Booker T was all about "losing the smiles and getting the job done" and now he's all about "having fun out there."

Does Booker T know what irony is? Better yet, does Booker T know what dramatic irony is? I like to think that he's rather intelligent, and that - when his headset's off - he'll pop a pipe into his mouth and speak in a smooth Etonian accent: "I think that went rather swimmingly, don't you?" If he does understand irony, I can only commend him on the layers of nuance he's added to the Booker character.

Kofi Kingston goes for the boom drop, and blood sprays from Booker T's nose as his brain fails to accommodate the aneurysm he's having. "What is dat boy doing? Dancing around when he should be getting the job done!"

R-Truth does a flip, and we hear a sound that can only be Josh Mathews getting his nose broken; Booker can control his rage no longer. "Dat boy shouldn't be doing all that fancy stuff - he should getting down to bidness!"

Ezekiel Jackson comes out and smiles. Everybody in the vicinity ducks as Booker pulls out a revolver and fires wildly at the ring. "Dat boy has all the tools, he just needs to stop smiling and take it seriously if he wants to be a champion in dis bidness dog!"

Now we get to the irony part, because this is the man that, well--

EkTV6.gif

But then at Over The Limit, something had changed. I don't know if Booker had finally starting taking the sedatives the doctor had prescribed or what, but suddenly it wasn't about taking it seriously, or not dancing around, or not smiling, or doing everything it takes to win championships - it was about having fun. R-Truth just did a body pop. That's cool, he's having fun. Kofi stopped wrestling for a minute and just started doing forward rolls. That's cool, he's having fun. R-Truth got distracted by a piece of foil in the crowd and ran off to find out.

"That's cool, dawg - having fun is all that matters."

Yep.

L9QdX.gif

I'm going to be the first one to take a random stab in the dark and say the Old Vinnie Mac treatment has fallen upon the ears of Booker T. I understand where you are coming from with Booker T's voice not being the greatest to listen to and I'm guessing Vince finally watched his own product to realise that Mr. T needs a change in what he says. He might be barking orders through the headsets like he does with Cole and told him to change his act.

But then again, this is Booker T we are talking about. His commentary is a little insane and some of his comments are corrected and laughed at by Cole. On the kayfabe side of things, T should be leaps and bounds ahead of Cole when it comes to colour commentary considering he used to be a professional wrestler whereas Cole was trained in the art of play-by-play but alas, Booker just seems to slip up and change his mind. Then again, all the commentators change their minds and opinions on the wrestlers once they change alignment at the flick of a switch so I wouldn't be criticising Booker solely.

I didn't watch Over The Limit, so I can't comment on Booker there, but I find his usual incoherence comical, and Cole is actually funny too when he picks apart Booker's musings. Cole is the asshole, Matthews is the straight man, and Booker is, well, the entertainment/comic relief I guess. I would rather listen to the commentator's making fun of Booker for his reliable gibberish than listen to two hours constant bickering.

"Random Rambling of Booker T" is my new favorite drinking game, every time I can't understand what the hell he is talking about, I drink. Sadly, no matter how much i drink I still can't understand what he is trying to tell me.

-Basic construction of a Booker T sentence

Starts normal (kinda)....veers off into literally 2-3 seconds of gibberish, no human words....ends on a completely different thought then what he started with.

-Example

If you gonna survive a match like this den un be aww ahh naw, Cody Rhodes got that boy!

I pray to God that Vince is doing this and Booker didn't have a stroke or something because that is kinda what it seems like, if you really stop and listen sometimes you can hear him mumbling in the background while Cole and King are talking, so a stroke really wouldn't surprise me.

Side not, shucky ducky never has to be said again.

I'm sure you have all seen it, but if you haven't, youtube Booker T calling Hogan a *****. It's fantastic.

yea... booker isnt great but I would still rather have him then Matt Striker. I absolutely hate "shucky ducky quack quack." What the heck is that? I hate when Im watching wrestling with some friends and he says that. My friends dont watch wrestling and It doesnt help bring in new fans. How can it be taken seriously when the commentaterts say things like that.

"Random Rambling of Booker T" is my new favorite drinking game, every time I can't understand what the hell he is talking about, I drink. Sadly, no matter how much i drink I still can't understand what he is trying to tell me.

-Basic construction of a Booker T sentence

Starts normal (kinda)....veers off into literally 2-3 seconds of gibberish, no human words....ends on a completely different thought then what he started with.

-Example

If you gonna survive a match like this den un be aww ahh naw, Cody Rhodes got that boy!

I pray to God that Vince is doing this and Booker didn't have a stroke or something because that is kinda what it seems like, if you really stop and listen sometimes you can hear him mumbling in the background while Cole and King are talking, so a stroke really wouldn't surprise me.

Side not, shucky ducky never has to be said again.

I'm sure you have all seen it, but if you haven't, youtube Booker T calling Hogan a *****. It's fantastic.

I have to agree at everything that was said in this post... Not only do I agree, you mentioning Booker calling Hogan a *****, that bout made me piss my pants... :lmao:

I actually liked Booker on commentary at the beginning. It seemed like something fresh, like when Macho Man was on commentary. But now, it has made me like Cole, and laugh my ass off when he treats The Book-Man. Seems like since Paul Heyman's back, he should give Booker some pointers. Then again, if they just let Heyman take control, we'd probably have a much better product.

I love Booker's commentary. It's lively, humorous, and informative. Booker and Cole feed well off each other, too: "Said it again, Cole," Booker dares Michael Cole.

And who else would give such classic lines as "Shucky, Ducky, Quack, Quack"? (The Chics love it; try it.) Yeah we know Booker spits a lot of gibberish, but instead of waiting with bated breath for the nonsensical, listen with an objective mind to Booker as he calls the match. He references legends of past, actually calls the moves by name, and even gives heel/face prospectives.

Booker's commentary is gold. It might not be the King's English, but when he utters comments such as "in my hood we call dat...", or "...dat boy right' dea, dawg", and even "brewski". I can relate to that. It's fun.

I think he's just pure garbage on the mic. I understand he's color commentary and all but I can really only understand 40% of what comes out of his mouth. But what really pisses me off is the fact that Cole get's the better of him almost all the time, what I really want is someone who could challenge Cole and still be entertaining, King can't do it anymore, Matthews is a pussy and Booker doesn't speak English. I hope Booker get's bumped down and they bring Regal in instead at least he's quick witted and can enunciate his words. As far as The original post I didn't watch OTL but like I said doesn't matter if he changed his views or not because mine haven't changed. #BookerTGarbage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back