Booker T winning the TNA world title and then ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdom_come

Dark Match Winner
Taking it to PWA.

This would be a great storyline that could help set up what the wrestling world is waiting for. Another wrestling war.

PWA -vs- TNA!!!

Booker T wins the TNA title and takes it to his promotion PWA. (Pro Wrestling Alliance) That would leave TNA without a world title. This could set up a legitmate reason for Jeff Jarrett returning to in ring action. Returning to bring his world title back home where it belongs.

This feud could set the South on fire from Florida to Texas. Enough heat to rise up across the rest of the United States and beyond.

Opinions ...

???

I don't know if PWA is big enough for this angle to actually work, BUT I don't HATE it. It would definitely give Booker plenty of heat by having him only appear breifly each week and never put the title on the line on TNA.
I just don't think that TNA could pull this off right now with stagnant ratings. Ratings probably will not improve by having a "war" with a very little known promotion in Texas.
Just not the right time for this I don't think.

if nothing else this would give Bookers promotion some good exposure and would help then start to reach the levels of TNA with time...maybe even attract some more talent to the promotion...TNA could actually help then promote a weekly show on Impact before the war so people would be more aware of the promotion...then have Booker "turn his back" on TNA and people would be more into it...depends if Booker has enough good students and talent in his shows really...but cud be interesting for sure

PWA are a tiny wrestling school featuring mainly newly trained wrestlers, they are not even in TNAs league, now a TNA vs. ROH war would be a little more appealing but still in terms of star power ROH would also not be anywhere near TNA.

Big problem with this idea is that the invading wrestlers would have absolutely no name value. Therefore they would not be a threat to TNA's wrestlers. This happened during the WCW-WWE invasion storyline, although to a lesser extent, as there was no Goldberg, no Hogan, no Nash and no Hall. Booker T was the Alliance's main man back then and he would have to be PWA's in this storyline.

There's not really that much chance of this happening as TNA have a few feuds going on at the moment, and this storyline would probably be the main one.

Ive always thought of something like this being able to happen I mean Team 3D have their own wrestling school perhaps they could get involved. The most entertaining thing in wrestling is when two companies battle it out either for real or in storyline and for a wrestler that works for you to have a business they could use for the storyline is a huge advantage. I dont think however that PWA is really big enough for that but if they built it up more maybe who knows would be most interesting!

From a creative standpoint this works.
A very clever idea.
Been used several times before, and as long as not forced down our throats forever (inVasion anyone?) its good.
Sadly the practicality of simply makes it unworkable.

The PWA is the smallest of the smallest indy promotions.
Hell the only reason anyones heard of it is because its bookers promotion.
Although saying that when the wwf had that stuff with lawlers memphis wrestling, memphis got fucking big, fucking quick.

So booker and the PWA has a lot to gain.
TNA has very little (if any) to gain.

If someone like Kurt or 3D, or even Nash turned, it could wrk. If Nash turns on Joe at the next PPV and they start this invasion almost immediately, it could work. It might not bring in fans, but it would be a treat for fans who already watch. A bunch of untrained PWA guys could be impressive spot monkeys, and that would be kinda cool.

At the very least, some of the IWC TNA haters would tune in, and AJ would STAR in this angle.

yea i only see this working for just PWA, and do nothing for tna. i honestly knew nothing about PWA til booker went to tna, and he wanted use that as a training ground for TNA, so im sure not alot of people know what it is. if PWA were to come to the impact zone and fight itd be pretty much "who the hell is this guy" much like the superstar thing that ECW gots going. this would however be a good way to get PWA known and after TNA wins (id would asume theyd win the war) this would be a good way to make PWA a training ground for tna, thats all i see tna getting out of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back