Booker T to WWE?

blackmetalbuick

Pre-Show Stalwart
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/booker-t-to-wwe-tyson-kidds-bodyguard-update-more-121029

What do you think of this? Booker was never one of my all time favorites or anything, but for some reason, after reading that article, I found myself thinking he would be a really refreshing addition to the roster right now. WWE has been so focused on this youth movement, bringing in indy talents or their own developmental people, when's the last time they really brought back someone who already has an established name? I would love to see Booker back. Not to mention the ever growing talk of the lack of big names, main eventers soon to retire, injured guys, etc. I think Booker would fill part of the gap nicely.

What do you think of this? Do you think he WILL return?

How would you book his return? Should he reprise his comedic face character, an arrogant heel, or what?

Honestly I'd love to see it, but he isn't going to be there for anymore than a year at most even though his condition is still very good. It's hard to say how he'll return, a star of his magnitude is perfectly capable of returning at wrestlemania against a big star. Booker is one of my favorite guys not only because of guy good a wrestler he is but he has a good personality outside of the ring and is generally interesting to watch. I don't think his run in WWE as it could have been considering how long he was there for.

But honestly these things more often don't come into fruition. The guy is a massive 45 now, same age as the Undertaker and he'll be gone soon, it seems mostly like speculation at this point.

I would do what usually happens with returns like this face return shortly modified into a heel character for the long term after which he'll return to face once again before he officially retires in WWE. I honestly wouldn't even mind seeing the guy hit the HOF. He was the only shining light in WCW's main event scene from 2000/01, was succesful in WWE and also TNA. On top of that he aparently has a great talent school, supposedly far better than the team 3-D one and is just generally a legend anyway. He didn't achieve loads in WWE but he has done a lot of the span of his career so I'm hopeful.

If he did return, I seriously wouldn't care which role he played as I like him whichever way, but he'll likely do what a lot of the older guys like HHH do and have no gimmick, be able to coast on his spritely personality by itself. And yes he is an old guy but on the other end of the scale FCW is only applying for guys under 30 so it's nicely balanced. Besides I can't see what harm bringing in him could do if he won't be there very long.

Finger crossed!!....

i think if the sign him, it'll be a legends contract or hall of fame type of deal and have him and his big brother inducted in this years WWE HOF as Harlem was a 10x WCW Tag Champs. It'll be cool if he was a mystery entrant in the rumble this yr. Can u imagine hearing "ICE, ICE, ICE, COLD, COLD, COLD" over the speakers in Boston that would be epic Will have to wait and see if it happens.

I hear Booker is still able to work at a pretty OK level. Goldust is just as old and is still wrestling.

Bringing that point up I would love to see Bookdust reform. Maybe the most entertaining tag team of the 2000's there segments were comedy gold. But with Santino and Koslov I think we have enough comedic tag teams.

Realistically he would be a great trainer or a great GM. I also wouldn't mind seeing him pop up at the Rumble or even get a feud against a young cocky heel(Tyson Kidd, Cody Rhodes, etc.)

the only problem i see with this is how he left the WWE... king booker was just terrible and if they brought him back would he stick with the king booker gimmick and feud with sheamus or would he come back as the 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time WCW champion and spinaroonie all over the WWE.

Honestly I'd love to see it, but he isn't going to be there for anymore than a year at most even though his condition is still very good. It's hard to say how he'll return, a star of his magnitude is perfectly capable of returning at wrestlemania against a big star. Booker is one of my favorite guys not only because of guy good a wrestler he is but he has a good personality outside of the ring and is generally interesting to watch. I don't think his run in WWE as it could have been considering how long he was there for.

But honestly these things more often don't come into fruition. The guy is a massive 45 now, same age as the Undertaker and he'll be gone soon, it seems mostly like speculation at this point.

I would do what usually happens with returns like this face return shortly modified into a heel character for the long term after which he'll return to face once again before he officially retires in WWE. I honestly wouldn't even mind seeing the guy hit the HOF. He was the only shining light in WCW's main event scene from 2000/01, was succesful in WWE and also TNA. On top of that he aparently has a great talent school, supposedly far better than the team 3-D one and is just generally a legend anyway. He didn't achieve loads in WWE but he has done a lot of the span of his career so I'm hopeful.

If he did return, I seriously wouldn't care which role he played as I like him whichever way, but he'll likely do what a lot of the older guys like HHH do and have no gimmick, be able to coast on his spritely personality by itself. And yes he is an old guy but on the other end of the scale FCW is only applying for guys under 30 so it's nicely balanced. Besides I can't see what harm bringing in him could do if he won't be there very long.

Finger crossed!!....

I agree with you dude on everything apart from 1 thing..." He didn't achieve loads in WWE"? what where you watching coz hes had
WCW Championship (1 time)
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Tag Team Championship (3 times)
WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWE United States Championship (3 times)
WWF Hardcore Championship (2 times)
King of the Ring (2006)
Sixteenth Triple Crown Champion
Eighth Grand Slam Champion
all of these belts he wont in wwe and erm if thats not loads i dont know what is!Hes had every belt in wwe apart from the wwe title itself and wo cares if h never won that the world title looks better in anyways:p ad his wcw belts in
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (10 times)
World Television Championship (6 times)
his tna belts in
TNA Legends Championship (1 time)
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
and thats 35 championships over his long career.
I would love to see Booker in WWE again the dudes amazing and one of the best wrestlers of all time!

I'm pretty sure that Booker T to WWE is a mis print, because he is in fact in talks with TNA about a return. They were in talks of Booker resigning with TNA again, but couldn't come to term's on a new contract

Now TNA is trying to bring back the MAIN EVENT MAFIA as top baby face stable to fight against The IMMORTAL stable, and they want to do it with all the orginal MEM guy's like Booker T, Kevin Nash, Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Scott Steiner, and even talk's about having AJ Styles defect from Immortal to MEM. I think it would be awesome, and I said several months ago that it would be a cool scenerio to battle against Hogan and Bischoff, but instead they used the EV 2.0 which wasn't strong enough.
I also think if they are going to try to attempt to possibly go out side the IMPACT ZONE for taping that it would be a necessity to have more recognizable names to push these live impact taping's...

i think if the sign him, it'll be a legends contract or hall of fame type of deal and have him and his big brother inducted in this years WWE HOF as Harlem was a 10x WCW Tag Champs. It'll be cool if he was a mystery entrant in the rumble this yr. Can u imagine hearing "ICE, ICE, ICE, COLD, COLD, COLD" over the speakers in Boston that would be epic Will have to wait and see if it happens.

That would be cool but half the audience wont know who it is until they see him.

If they do bring him back it would be nice but to a point. I mean he is still a good entertainer but i just dont want to see his King Booker gimmick again. i was tired of his accent and it pissed me off. Maybe he can put Kofi Kingston over to main-event status. Them two can put on a good match with eachother. Or if hes on raw he can fued with R-truth. The spinning axe-kick vs. the original axe kick.

I would love to see Booker T return to WWE. I think he deserves one more run in the spotlight before he retires. I doubt he would stick around as a active wrestler very long probably a year or so. He would be a great choice to bring in to help get younger talent over. So much for the rumor that WWE isn't hiring talent over 30 if they do bring him back.

As asked, I don't know if he will return. He's getting up their so his run wouldn't be too long. Last time, he wanted a contact that limited his house shows to nearly none leaving only tv shows. Biggest question is whether WWE sees a profit coming from this. Will he draw in ratings, merchandise sales, etc? I don't think he will. Because of that, I think Booker T's demands will be too much for the WWE.
HOWEVER I'd love to see him return for at least Wrestlemania. Maybe even a HOF induction this year seeing as how they've been discussing WCW guys. He had a really good/popular career in WCW so I think he should be brought in for that reason alone. Maybe a one night only match at Wrestlemania too? Regardless, something short and sweet, possibly as a face cause I think being a face suites him best.

While I'd love to see Booker back in the WWE, people need to understand that he's 45 years old and Sharmell is expecting kids. So with the tough road schedule, I doubt we'd see Booker come back. Now, if we were talking about special appearances every now and then, I'd be fine with that. Maybe bring him back as a surprise entrant during the Royal Rumble. Hell, they could even do a program with him for Wrestlemania. However, just seeing Booker back in the WWE full time is probably a long shot unless they give him a Shawn Michaels-esque road schedule.

I'm pretty sure that Booker T to WWE is a mis print, because he is in fact in talks with TNA about a return. They were in talks of Booker resigning with TNA again, but couldn't come to term's on a new contract

Now TNA is trying to bring back the MAIN EVENT MAFIA as top baby face stable to fight against The IMMORTAL stable, and they want to do it with all the orginal MEM guy's like Booker T, Kevin Nash, Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Scott Steiner, and even talk's about having AJ Styles defect from Immortal to MEM. I think it would be awesome, and I said several months ago that it would be a cool scenerio to battle against Hogan and Bischoff, but instead they used the EV 2.0 which wasn't strong enough.
I also think if they are going to try to attempt to possibly go out side the IMPACT ZONE for taping that it would be a necessity to have more recognizable names to push these live impact taping's...

Have you even been reading twitter or anything? Dude Nash has trashed TNA multiple times on there. WWE is trying to get Sting for the HoF now. Yes Steiner has returned but at his age what the heck can you really expect from him? Booker T to WWE is not a misprint. Think about it. WCW themes WrestleMania.... Booker T was a big part of WCW. It only makes sense that WWE would try to bring in big named WCW stars for this upcoming year.
Can you please provide links to your speculation of Booker T in talks with TNA and about TNA's storyline plans that you seem to know of so well.

And if TNA couldn't come to terms on a contract with Booker T don't you think that may signify that WWE may have gotten to Booker? Booker, I'm sure wants to go out by playing in the MAJOR LEAGUES not in the MINOR LEAGUES. Hell if he wanted to go out in the Minors he could sign a wimpy contract with WWE Development and still have a better send off than anything TNA would/could ever do.

id be very surprised to see booker t back in wwe, but that dosnt mean i dont want him to come back. Booker T returning to raw would be great to shake things up and make things more interesting! maybe a fued with sheamus or the miz, id love to see him wrestle again! sadly the chances of him coming back in my opinion are slim but oh would it be great to see him again! :)

I always quite liked Booker T. He brings a lot of energy to everything he does and has the ability to put on good matches and carry on good gimmicks.

I doubt he'll be pushed to the main event when he comes back, rather, he'd be used to elevate heel talent. He'll win a feud or two when he comes back and then they'll use him to put over some of their younger heel talents like Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus. Booker T is a big enough name that they could get a decent rub from Booker by being in a program with him.

Having Booker in the WWE could be a nice walk down memory lane for the fans and he can serve a decent purpose in the WWE. I say what the hell, bring Booker back.

Booker T from Harlem Heat, sure I'll Love to see him come back. I think he's needed in WWE. But if he was to come back, I can see him doing 2-3 years on a part time schedule. Say what you want, one thing about Booker, just like Jericho, Kane, and even RVD, Booker T never had no major injury that required surgery. And he'll make a nice fill in for the roster until some of the main people get back from injury then he can rest and come back to fulfill the rest of his part time obligations. But within the time he do comes back, I don't mind seeing the reunion of Booker T and Goldie. (Goldust for Some of you PG era fans.) 5x WCW Champion. Obi-Booker Nobi......NOW CAN U DIG THAT? (Walks Away) ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... (Comes back flashing the 5 fingers on the camera.) SUCCCCCCKKKKKKAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

As long as he comes back as the regular Booker T character that we all know and love...well some love, haha, I don't mind. But I really, really, really hated the King Booker gimmick. The segments were stupid and took forever and it made him look like a moron in the ring.

Honestly I'd love to see it, but he isn't going to be there for anymore than a year at most even though his condition is still very good.

Why couldn't he be return for more than a year if his condition is still good. Sting is 50 and Booker could quite easily work a part-time schedule if he isup to it

I would do what usually happens with returns like this face return shortly modified into a heel character for the long term after which he'll return to face once again before he officially retires in WWE. I honestly wouldn't even mind seeing the guy hit the HOF. He was the only shining light in WCW's main event scene from 2000/01, was succesful in WWE and also TNA.

Agreed, I think he would definitely return as a face. He was a succesful face for most of his run in WWE, and is a great entertainer. I smell the return of the Spinnaroonie if he was to come back. I also think he certainly deserves a spot in the HOF at some point, Booker won an unbelievable amount of titles both as a singles wrestler and in tag team competition.

On top of that he aparently has a great talent school, supposedly far better than the team 3-D one and is just generally a legend anyway.

Yeah, his school is meant to be pretty good. Definitely something Vince would be interested in as a potential developmental league.

He didn't achieve loads in WWE but he has done a lot of the span of his career so I'm hopeful.

I think he did. 1 World Title reign, 3 US Titles, 1 Intercontinental Title, 3 Tag Team Title reigns, a KOTR win, 1 WCW Title and 1 WCW Tag Team Title (while WWE owned WCW) make for a pretty awesome haul if you ask me.

Not to mention the 4 other WCW titles, 1 WCW US title, 10..read it..TEN WCW Tag Team Titles with Harlem Heat, and 6 WCW TV titles.

Booker was a title winning MACHINE. He is definitely HOF worthy. An induction from Stevie Ray would do nicely.

And yes he is an old guy but on the other end of the scale FCW is only applying for guys under 30 so it's nicely balanced. Besides I can't see what harm bringing in him could do if he won't be there very long.

I would definitely like to see Booker back. He has name value, something which most free agents dont. When was the last time WWE brought back a genuine star? I think Jericho and Christian were probably the last two, unless I am missing someone glaringly obvious. I hope to see Booker T back in the WWE, even for a short run, if he is in good enough shape. He has the charisma and mic skills to even continue as a manager/mouthpiece once his in-ring days are done.

It would be great to see charismatic Booker T back especially as they are building up the young talent and they have not had any good changes to the roster recently.

He is 45.. and am not going to lie.. but still in good shape.. and it's too early for WWE to induct him into the HoF.. he is a good wrestler.. his WWE run was very good apart from the whole king bookah which was just awful.. but I would love to see him return, even on a legends cotract, I know he can still wrestle a good match soo why not.. hopefully if the contracts right, then am sure he dn the "E" can work something out..

I would not mind one bit if he returns. Many of the fans of WWE (excluding the John Cena fans) have been talking about this topic ever since he left. Personally, I would love to see Booker come in the Royal Rumble this year and throw out John Cena in Boston, could you imagine how much heat that would create???

Truthfully, I think Booker T. is very impressive on the mic and in the ring. He's always entertaining.

He'd be refreshing and could help with the younger talent. It simply depends on how they bring him in and which role they would go with. The comedic role is taken up with Santino, so that seems like a waste of time. However, I think a program with he and Sheamus would be entertaining. Give Sheamus a bit of the rub and they could play up the King thing, for example.

Simple enough, and one of the many options they have.

I wouldn't mind seeing him return, I thought he was a great wrestler and definately knew how to work her character persona. For me it kinda annoyed me that the WWE spent so long before putting him into the main event hunt. His Feud with HHH should have culiminated in a World championship win, especially given the heel heat HHH and Ric Flair used over Booker T was intentially a few steps shy of racist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back