"Bikini" Style Divas?

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
This following quote should clear the air about the whereabouts of Beth Phoenix & the reason for the diva's matches during RAW that having been turning from wrestling competition to eye candy competition once again...

The Wrestling Observer is also reporting that Beth Phoenix has not been seen on TV as of late because WWE is focusing more on "bikini" style Divas at the moment. It should be noted that Phoenix is not injured nor does she have any heat on her within WWE, but at this time she is not being considered for the title picture and has been kept off TV heading into Night of Champions. Ironically, the segment on Raw 2 weeks ago which saw the Divas of Raw in a bikini match lost 250,000 viewers coming off the previous segment.

:lol: :wtf:
.................................................................................

:disappointed:

:banghead:

I think these emoticons have summed up nicely how I feel. If WZ would let me use more than 5 images... there would be a whole lot more explanation as to how I feel... emoticon style! I guess we can't go on forever about our posts can we... oh wait...

... anywayz, if what The Wrestling Observer is reporting is true, I have two questions to ask...

1) Do you really want "Bikini" Style Diva's to ever so gracefully rejoin the WWE programming yet again after we have seen this repeat over & over so many times or do you absolutely disagree with this style of approach as you currently enjoy how the diva's division is now being rebuilt with the WWE into a more family-orientated product where the women will become like the men's division full of wrestling & storyline with no exposing of body for entertainment?

2) Should Beth Phoenix be cast aside like this?

My opinion is that I DON'T, for the love of God, want to see this again. This will only benefit every once in a while if the situation requires to. Say if WWE held a Bash at the Beach one night only PPV then I would deem Bikini Beach Volleyball as acceptable & entertaining where I can proudly say "PUPPIES" without any consequences attached. I know RAW is the ENTERTAINMENT brand, but did anyone notice how viewers of the show went DOWN in numbers during what was supposed to be a FEMALE ENTERTAINING SEGMENT?

Oh... and Beth Phoenix is one of the best the WWE have right now. She is respected, credible, can wrestle/hold herself in the ring &, with the right booking/creativity behind the match, will garner some interest in the division. WHY IS SHE NOT ON TV? Not saying the other divas dont need/deserve the spotlight... just that Beth is one who could [& I mean could] bring interest back to the division. But, if WWE insists with going ahead & actually doing this style to the divas division, why wouldn't you put Beth in the mix? I know she is mean't to be a heel & the power/tough girl, however I believe her "bikini" [whatever that's referring to] is something that has more... errr... worth... than someone like Rosa Mendes or Jillian Hall??? Just my opinion, but I do believe Jillian isnt that much of a looker compared to Beth. If you like looking WWE diva's on google images or raunchy websites, then compare Jillian to Beth. I think you might find that Beth has more/better photo's than the likes of Jillian [& no, I didn't go searching myself so I could make this statment in a post stating opinions only]:icon_rolleyes:

That's my rant... any thoughts?

Personally, I don't watch the WWE to watch Divas competition. I watch Divas segments to see puppies, and to look at Kelly Kelly. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bikini match, and wished very many times that Kelly Kelly would apply a headscissors on me. Seriously though, no. It doesn't bother me. I'm assuming that viewers would have still been lost if Beth Phoenix faced Gail Kim. I'm not bothered that she is off of my screen on Mondays. In fact, I'm glad. I find her matches to be boring and slow, and I absolutely hate her outfit. I'd much rather watch a vastly improved Kelly Kelly wrestle alongside Mickie James and roll around on top of Maryse. Call me crazy if you want.

Personally, I don't watch the WWE to watch Divas competition. I watch Divas segments to see puppies, and to look at Kelly Kelly. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bikini match, and wished very many times that Kelly Kelly would apply a headscissors on me. Seriously though, no. It doesn't bother me. I'm assuming that viewers would have still been lost if Beth Phoenix faced Gail Kim. I'm not bothered that she is off of my screen on Mondays. In fact, I'm glad. I find her matches to be boring and slow, and I absolutely hate her outfit. I'd much rather watch a vastly improved Kelly Kelly wrestle alongside Mickie James and roll around on top of Maryse. Call me crazy if you want.

I won't hold it against you to say this. Personally, I like these eye candy competitions but there HAS to be a balance here. Make bikini matches if you want with diva's like Kelly Kelly & Maryse who are awesome to look at, but give others like Beth & Gail Kim a chance to shine competitively. I would love for a great diva's contest & an awesome expose of women in the one night but since WWE only has really one segment a night dedicated to the diva's, then they should hold these types of contests on special occasions or every once in a while so creative can spare 5 minutes to condure up another "you got title, me want title" diva storyline thingy.

I wish WWE would put just a BIT more effort into giving us at least decent Diva wrestling on a semi-regular basis. Only a few of the Divas can actually wrestle. I know they're pretty much only there as eye candy, which means that them wrestling well isn't the focus. This leads to many viewers, including myself, to change the channel for the few minutes that they're on.

As for Beth Phoenix, she's talented, and shouldn't be pushed aside like this. Hell, she's been carrying the Divas division on Raw for a few years now; she should be shown a little gratitude.

I'm gonna go against the crowd here and support the idea... at the moment I find divas matches really boring. It's the time I go to the toilet, get a drink etc. That is... unless its eye candy Divas like Kelly Kelly. Now if they were to make Divas matches with Divas with bikini hot bodies in a bikini, I think it would pay more attention to it. Imagine a match with Kelly Kelly vs Stacy Keibler in a bikini.

Diva's matches are boring. Phoenix was one I could watch, albeit barely. I get why the WWE has 'Bikini style' divas. None of the diva's are really very good at wrestling. So, my question is, why make hem wrestle? They could still be on the show..do all that model type shit. It'd make me hate them less. No one wants to see them wrestle.

Yes we do (want to see them wrestle)... one of the rules in the Bro Code is to never stop a catfight. Why? Because 2 women fighting each other is hot.

This following quote should clear the air about the whereabouts of Beth Phoenix & the reason for the diva's matches during RAW that having been turning from wrestling competition to eye candy competition once again...

:lol: :wtf:
.................................................................................

:disappointed:

:banghead:

I think these emoticons have summed up nicely how I feel. If WZ would let me use more than 5 images... there would be a whole lot more explanation as to how I feel... emoticon style! I guess we can't go on forever about our posts can we... oh wait...

... anywayz, if what The Wrestling Observer is reporting is true, I have two questions to ask...

1) Do you really want "Bikini" Style Diva's to ever so gracefully rejoin the WWE programming yet again after we have seen this repeat over & over so many times or do you absolutely disagree with this style of approach as you currently enjoy how the diva's division is now being rebuilt with the WWE into a more family-orientated product where the women will become like the men's division full of wrestling & storyline with no exposing of body for entertainment?

My opinion is that I DON'T, for the love of God, want to see this again. This will only benefit every once in a while if the situation requires to. Say if WWE held a Bash at the Beach one night only PPV then I would deem Bikini Beach Volleyball as acceptable & entertaining where I can proudly say "PUPPIES" without any consequences attached. I know RAW is the ENTERTAINMENT brand, but did anyone notice how viewers of the show went DOWN in numbers during what was supposed to be a FEMALE ENTERTAINING SEGMENT?

Oh... and Beth Phoenix is one of the best the WWE have right now. She is respected, credible, can wrestle/hold herself in the ring &, with the right booking/creativity behind the match, will garner some interest in the division. WHY IS SHE NOT ON TV? Not saying the other divas dont need/deserve the spotlight... just that Beth is one who could [& I mean could] bring interest back to the division. But, if WWE insists with going ahead & actually doing this style to the divas division, why wouldn't you put Beth in the mix? I know she is mean't to be a heel & the power/tough girl, however I believe her "bikini" [whatever that's referring to] is something that has more... errr... worth... than someone like Rosa Mendes or Jillian Hall??? Just my opinion, but I do believe Jillian isnt that much of a looker compared to Beth. If you like looking WWE diva's on google images or raunchy websites, then compare Jillian to Beth. I think you might find that Beth has more/better photo's than the likes of Jillian [& no, I didn't go searching myself so I could make this statment in a post stating opinions only]:icon_rolleyes:

That's my rant... any thoughts?

Its quite obvious, Raw fails at the minute. In teh mind of the Vincent Knnedy Mcmahon. 'Lets try and get the Perverts fans'. Get bikinis and Bets body competitions atrracting the perverts of the world.

Pervs Unite !!!!!!!!!

Even tho its entertaining, Id rather see a match such as Gail Kim vs Beth pheonix.

Diva's matches are boring. Phoenix was one I could watch, albeit barely. I get why the WWE has 'Bikini style' divas. None of the diva's are really very good at wrestling. So, my question is, why make them wrestle? They could still be on the show..do all that model type shit. It'd make me hate them less. No one wants to see them wrestle.

Anybody want to know the definition of ironic. A female doesnt care about the womens division in terms of wrestling yet a male does. I will be assuming here that Becca you are indeed a female... lol.

I can see why someone can hate the diva's wrestling, but for most of them, its not their fault. I have said this a million times & will say it until I die... If the WWE actually gave a flyin fuck about the division, it would be a lot more successful than it should be today. They need to inject some SmackDown! creative/booking into the whole division, as well as the tag team division but this isnt the place to discuss it, for it to garner many people's interests. I see potential, a lot of potential, just no interest by the business which means no interest by the fans. I'm sure if Marty Jannetty tossed HBK through the Barber Shop window & WWE gave him the push to become one of the greatest wrestling legends of all time whilst HBK rotted into a withering nothing in mainstream wrestling whose greatest achievement was being teamed & carried by the famous one... [catching my breath here]... would change your mind on being a HBK-aholic, Becca. Not trying to start something as I would never want to anatognise Becca, just making a point out your post for the purposes of discussion.

Anybody want to know the definition of ironic. A female doesnt care about the womens division in terms of wrestling yet a male does. I will be assuming here that Becca you are indeed a female... lol.

Lol, well done for figuring that out.

I can see why someone can hate the diva's wrestling, but for most of them, its not their fault. I have said this a million times & will say it until I die... If the WWE actually gave a flyin fuck about the division, it would be a lot more successful than it should be today. They need to inject some SmackDown! creative/booking into the whole division, as well as the tag team division but this isnt the place to discuss it, for it to garner many people's interests.

The dva's aren't there to wrestle, pretty much everyone agrees on that. They aren't picked for ability, but rather who looks the best..loosely translated that means which diva has had the most silicone pumped into her. But anyway, seeings as the point of them is to look good, why don't they just do that? Random bikini contests, let them be managers, involved in storylines with the male wrestlers. Makes SO much more sense.

I see potential, a lot of potential, just no interest by the business which means no interest by the fans. I'm sure if Marty Jannetty tossed HBK through the Barber Shop window & WWE gave him the push to become one of the greatest wrestling legends of all time whilst HBK rotted into a withering nothing in mainstream wrestling whose greatest achievement was being teamed & carried by the famous one... [catching my breath here]... would change your mind on being a HBK-aholic, Becca. Not trying to start something as I would never want to anatognise Becca, just making a point out your post for the purposes of discussion.

Shawn was, and is better than Jannety. 'Tis that simple. I'd go into more, but I don't want to go off topic. We can have the debate another day.

Lol, well done for figuring that out.

Thankyou ma'am.

The diva's aren't there to wrestle, pretty much everyone agrees on that. They aren't picked for ability, but rather who looks the best..loosely translated that means which diva has had the most silicone pumped into her. But anyway, seeings as the point of them is to look good, why don't they just do that? Random bikini contests, let them be managers, involved in storylines with the male wrestlers. Makes SO much more sense.

For those who didnt get the first definition of irony, he comes a second. Becca, is telling me FalKon [a huge womens wrestling fan] about womens wrestling in WWE! Sweetheart, I know all this & I am sadden by this. I have seen clips of many divas being interviewed & how most of them were picked due to their looks. Alicia Fox is one I saw recently on an FCW promo/interview to explain why she' there... & it aint wrestling.

However, these girls can do it this wrestling thing with time, experience, support & the proper direction. Look at SmackDown, with Michelle McCool... her storyline of being heel is much like CM Punk. Its interesting & they seem to care, even though the alleged "sleeping with Taker" may have something to do with it. They need the proper direction & influence by WWE creative/booking & can achieve more. During the time when these girls had many upon many matches that were for wrestling, these girls improved hugely. If these four factors can get pushed like other male stars can, I believe the womens division can go to heights never imagined in womens wrestling. It just seems to me that if you are going to refer these divas as an actual division, then make it credible to be called that. Apparently there are women who look absolutely stunning who can wrestle... like Mickie James, Beth & Natalya. However, there are limited numbers in this field... so the only way to create this winning combination is to pick women who have one quality & work on the other side. Idk, but I'd choose stunning women to teach to wrestle instead of getting women wrestlers & teach to look stunning.

Shawn was, and is better than Jannety. 'Tis that simple. I'd go into more, but I don't want to go off topic. We can have the debate another day.

Uh... der. I was just making a point. I know Shawn is greater. I will not debate this subject with you because it is like me betting all of my money & material possessions on Undertaker losing at a WrestleMania... however I am up for a debate on a topic with a level playing field. Just tell me when & where & I will be there... hey, I am a poet & I didnt know it!...

It would be like the John Cena/Swagger encounter. The well-known established one vs. the up-&-comer. Lol

EDIT: I said sorry in advance about the red rep... I actually have to pull something out of my ass now to get back my good rep momentum. DAMN YOU BECCA!... oh wait, it said nothing personal... my bad then.

What I don't understand is why Beth Phoenix couldn't participate in a "bikini-style" match. While she's no Kelly Kellly or Maryse (very few are), she's not hard on the eyes either. I have seen photos of her online in which I think she looks great. Granted it doesn't suit her character or her wrestling style, but when has that ever been an issue for WWE before? It's not like they're parading out Vicki Guerrero or Awesome Kong in bikinis. I say let her participate in such bikini style contests for a while, then have her character get sick and tired of this and clean house after a few sessions of this eye candy. Gives the T&A fans some eye candy for a while, and helps restore her tough character from before which has basically been ruined by Santino(a) Marella.

The WWE has been doing it wrong since day one. Yeah its nice to see a little eye candy once in awhile but not when I want to watch wrestling. If WWE actually gave a damn about women's wrestling they would follow TNA's lead. TNA doesn't have one playboy model posing as a wrestler. What WWE is doing to the Divas is a joke. When I was 14 I was all for Sable and Sunny running around in bikinis but if I want to see that now I'll throw on the Playboy channel. Its been proven time after time that no one wants to see this crap, the ratings drop drastically anytime the Divas are on the screen, its bad acting, bad wrestling...just an over all bad situation. If Beth Pheonix and any other actual women wrestler wants to be taken seriously they need to go to TNA.

I don't think there's a problem at all, I actually think the womens division has been improving in the past couple of months, I mean when was the last time there was 3 simultenous diva feuds going on (Maryse-Mickie, Melina-Michelle, Natalya-Eve)?

I might be in the minority, but I always found Beth Pheonix dominating the womens division to be boring, every match was the same, either she'd squash her opponent and win or squash her opponent then lose with a fluke roll up, I much prefer the womens division now, especially on Raw, Mickie, Gail, Maryse, Kelly, Alicia Fox etc are all roughly on the same level and you get the feeling that anyone could be champion at any time, SD is kinda struggling though, Michelle McCool has had half a decade to get over and she still gets no reaction, and Natalya shouldn't be losing clean to Eve in under 2 minutes.

First off 48.7, enjoy checking out Kelly Kelly ztwhite style !!!!!!

As for Diva's being used simply for their bikini bodies, at the expense of pissing off our highly regarded female posters (dragon, becca, etc...)... thank the sweet Lord almighty !!!!

I'm all for a highly competitive female match, but there hasn't been one in the "E" for several years. Sure, Melina, Mickie and Beth can wrestle, but they never make it look good in the ring. It's extremely painful watching a Diva's match these days because they botch more moves in one match than Shelton Benjamin has botched in his entire career (for those who don't worship Benjamin - it's true !!).

I'm all for equal opportunity, but how many people on here watch womens basketball ?? I'm venturing to say nobody and it's because mens basketball is much faster, better and more entertaining. It's the same with men and wrestling.

I'll watch womens vollyball or soccer or softball, but it's not because I like the game, it's because I like the outfits and they ladies themselves. That's not being shovenistic, that's being truthful. Women are beautiful pieces of God's work and I appreciate a beautiful woman.

In wrestling, there are a lot of beautful women... one who happens to be the hottest woman on the planet IMO... and I love seeing them strap on a bikini to show off their God given (or doctor given) goods. I'd rather not see them show off their God given talents because quite frankly, I don't think the good Lord gave them much wrestling talent.

The hay day, at least for us, in the womens division was when Trish, Lita, Jazz, Molly, Victoria, etc were around to actually put on decent matches AND look sexy. Gail, Mickey, Melina, and Beth fit that bill. The womens division should be centered around them. These lipstick wanna be wrestlers are a detriment to the show as a whole. It brings back WRASSLIN.
If you're not going to to it right, why do it at all? Like Becca stated have them be managers and truely just eye candy. Elizabeth wasn't a physical compititor and was WAY over with the crowd.
You can't try to force square pegs into round holes and try to tell everyone that the pegs are round.

I really don't care for the way the WWE run the womens/Diva's division.. If I wanted to look at women in Bikinis I would go to the beach to be honest. A few years ago WWE had the Trish/Mickie/Lita feuds going and those matches produced some of the best Diva matches in WWE History.

Keeping Beth out of the picture because they are doing bikini style matches is terrible, in my honest opinion Beth has an amazing figure and does not buy into the stick think image Vince feels his female employees must have to be on TV. (Not saying she is fat, just not stick thin, and I like that)

Mickie is another one with a fabulous figure who will probably be faded away in a while so Kelly Kelly, a wrestler with no talent can prance around to make people drool.

My point is, I watch wrestling to see WRESTLING. male or female, as long as it is good I just want to see wrestling.

I completely agree with FalKon. WWE is diminishing the passion of these women to wrestle. I mean think about it, how much better does Victoria look in TNA right now?

Imagine Beth in TNA, I bet she is starting too. She was brought in as a catalyst for Women's wrestling. she was smart, sexy and powerful, she is definitely no Chyna, but then she isn't a Maryse, not to say that she isn't attractive, she is beautiful but she is the FULL package, and just because men prefer to see women wrestling in bikini's.

It's not like John Cena wrestles in a jock strap, and yet the women still scream for him? Why wouldn't the men scream for Kelly Kelly in wrestling attire? I mean look at Natalya's wrestling attire, belly out, boobs pushed together, still very sexy? Yet she smashed Eve down on her face. What's more attractive than a powerful woman?

Beth and Natalya are both very similar and yet just because Beth is on the A show she is held back. Gail Kim was so fast, innovative and creative in TNA, the pioneer of the division in the company, she back to WWE for more money and yet looks like a model in her matches in WWE not a wrestler. Why can't she be both? A woman who can hold her own, doesn't mind getting physical, has a tremendous body, what's better than that?

I don't understand it to be honest..

Personally, I enjoy watching beautiful women who can actually wrestle and perform in the ring since I am watching wrestling. Maria and Candace are hot but I can't stand watching them in the ring. They're horrible. Maryse, along with Kelly, are the two hottest divas right now, possibly ever and I do enjoy watching them wrestle, although Maryse is leagues ahead of Kelly. Maryse has the best in-ring style and personality right now. She works the crowd better than any other diva. Divas with actual wrestling talent in real matches is interesting to me. Maria is a great valet.

Beth Phoenix's best bet is to wish WWE well on their future endeavors and walk on to TNA. I'd love to see her and ODB or Awesome Kong get it on.

Beth phoenix is pregnant,she and her husband joey knight are expecting there 1st child,Beth will be gone for the next year in a half but WWE does not know if she will come back or not because she's having a baby,she's not going to want to leave it

WWE has lost a great diva

I always read on the internet people ranting how the WWE isn't holding any bikini or swimsuit contests anymore yet their recent swimsuit contest that was recently aired on Raw resulted in 250,000 people to change the channel with me included. I mean if I want to see a girl in a bikini I could easily watch something else or I would just check out my girlfriend naked. It's not like girls in a bikini or swimsuit is anything to get excited about, that is if you're over the age of 14 or if you're some 30+ year old desperate virgin.

I hope the WWE isn't leaning to this lame direction where they want to ****e out their Divas once again. All of those Raw Diva Search, bikini, squirtgun, swimsuit, pudding contests, etc. were boring. I seriously can't believe anyone ever wished to see women wasting valuable TV time showing skin, something we seen a billion times already rather than having a wrestling match or developing characters or storylines.

[115]FalKon;1241562 said:

First of, I thought you were Little Jerry Lawler because of the Amy Lee avatar.

Secondly, I don't give a shit about the Divas. Kelly Kelly is smoking hot, I want to bang Gail Kim back into French-Ruled Korea, and I want Natalie/Beth Phoenix to get friendly in my bed. Other than that, I couldn't honestly care less. They can parade on my TV all sexily and what not; I'll go take a piss break, get a sandwich, and come back in time to catch the pin fall. It's not like this is a show devoted to Women's wrestling. If it were, it'd be different.

She doesn't fit into the current WWE scheme of things, so I suppose. She'll be brought back in eventually. And if not, TNA apparently has an awesome Women's Division, though I haven't heard anyone proclaim their awesome in a while.

To be honest I never cared for Women's wrestling. A lot of people are behind females because of their talent/s but let's be honest here, wrestling isn't a sport. It's entertainment whether it's the indy's or if it's the WWE, it's all pre-determined where there is no actual bitterness between anyone and no one is actually trying to hurt anyone. Even if the Diva's were talented I still could care less about Women's wrestling. If I like a TV show it's because of the storylines and CHARACTERS appeal to me and quite frankly the characters of the Divas do not appeal to me. I don't watch VH1 and MTV for a reason. I'm not some talent scout where I have to give a fair judgment based on talent. No. I'm just a fan and as a fan I judge someone whether their television character is interests me or not. When I became a hardcore wrestling fan, guys like Steve Austin, The Rock, DX & The Undertaker drew me in, not the females such as Sable, Jacqueline or Tori. I always liked the badasses and comedy characters because as a guy that kind of stuff appeals to me, that is when I'm looking to get entertained. Bikini contests aren't entertaining. I have a beautiful girlfriend who I can get so much more from than just looking at some girls on television I will never score on that are clothed.

If Batman were replaced with Batgirl, it would fail miserably.

Why is this a surprise? There has never been a secret that the Divas are there because they're hot. The division has been a joke for years since Trish and Lita left and it wasn't blowing anyone away back then either. The fact of the matter is this: the Divas aren't treated like regular wrestlers because they're not regular wrestlers. There's no drama in the division because it's so and so as champion, someone else challenges her for it, and it starts over again. When was the last time you saw true competitions in the division? By competition I mean more than one challenger and a real storyline other than the challenger has been picking up wins over the champion. No one cared about that style, so they scrapped it. Going with this is the best way I guess, but if you think that the division is going to be anything special, you're sadly mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back