Biggest WTF!?! moments in gaming

Darkshot77

Pre-Show Stalwart
So many games so little time.

Mario Brothers-When you were young and after a week of playing through world one for the first time and reaching the castle, you beat Bowser, and then....Sorry Mario but the princess is in another castle. WTF?! It was at this point that controllers were imbeded into TV's across the nation.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem-No game screws with your mind as much. Walls bleeding, women and childring screaming, your controller failing as zombies appear arround you. But what takes the cake is the Blue Screen of Death when you go to save saying all your data is corrupted. Thats just cruel.

Final Fantasy 7-Aeris runs off and you follow her only to find her praying in a temple. And then it happens. Argueably one of the most memorable FF sceans occurs. Sephiroth flies down and...she's dead. Then the music hits. And you are left in awe over what just heppened.

Thats just a few examples, what other moments top the list.

I can think of a few. However there is one that for me tops the cake. So I'm playing Super Mario All Stars for SNES. For those of you who may not know that game contains a game Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels. So I'm playing through the game. Mind you it is insanely difficult. I get up to world 6-3 I think and I get to the end of the level... Problem being it was a warp zone... The was 1 pipe.... The world number on it was 1... I had no choice but to go back to world one and literally start the whole game over. Ouch.

Another wtf moment and very inconvienet was when I was playing Star Wars Empire At War: Forces Of Corruption. I built the Death Star, but figured I'd leave it in orbit over Kuat (a planet that allows you to make capital ships). After about two minutes I hear my advisor tell me that I had lost a planet. I look around and notice that all was left of Kuat was an asteroid field and the Death Star was gone. WTF was that about. I mean I spent an ungodly amount of money for it and mass population for it... and it just randomly blows itself and a planet up...

I just have the Death Star blowing up planets crash my game all the time. LOL

Ocarina of Time. Just when you think you have Ganon beaten, and are trying to flee the castle, there he is again...DAMMIT, and I used all of my health potions beating him the first time!

I think the biggest WTF moment, also the funnist, is during the end scene of Conkers Bad Fur Day. Just as the Alien is about to jump you and kill you... The game freezes! And fucking Conker, fully aware he's in a videpo game, calls the programers tohelp him kill the alien in exchange for not ratting out the unfinished game. And then the game ends, and you get the saddest ending.

"Of all the people in the world I hate, and I'm in a room full of em."

The silly bot that posted in this thread has made me recall some of my own "WTF moments" from my gaming history. I shall give a couple examples.

Metal Gear Solid 2: I'm near the very end, right before you face the huge machine with the ninja that ends up dying, I believe. (it's been a while) At any rate, in the tunnel leading to the main section, I get this call from the Chief or whatever he was and he starts rambling completely about how long I've been PLAYING THE VIDEO GAME!

I fricken dropped the controller and flatout thought my damn game was overtaken by some type of ghost. I literally freaked out, I'd never seen anything like it and it was freaking the holy crap out of me. He just kept rambling about how I'd been going in circles for hours and needed to put the controller down and turn the game off. My friend's and I were all stunned by it and to this day still have NO clue what it was all about.

Madden 2009: Yep, that's right this year's version. It was just a day or so back. I was playing against the Saints (I think, not sure who against) and they threw a TD grab. I normally have my defense on "ask madden" and Madden told me to line-up for a FG block.

Well, when I did, they were in what I thought was 2 pt. conversion mode, so I used a TO and selected a different play. When I went back to the game, turns out apparently they DIDN'T score a TD - or the TD they did score was just "taken" from them and they ended up having to kick a FG because it was (then) 4th down. I have NO clue what that was all about.

I've also had weird 'history stats' come up on the screen that hadn't happened yet. Like I was trying to break the season rushing record (2,105 yds) and I was about 30 yds. shy of it.. well, I ran for roughly 10-11 and suddenly it claimed I broke the record by about 120 yds.

Those are my truly "what the fuck" moments in gaming. As far as shock and awe, I have to agree with Darkshot.

Final Fantasy 7: Aeris dying out of nowhere was about as emotional as I would've ever gotten in a game. I think that almost drove me to finishing the game, just to kill the bastard. :lmao:

That is one of the reasons I came to love that game more than any other from the series, because the story for it was so emotional and deep.

The silly bot that posted in this thread has made me recall some of my own "WTF moments" from my gaming history. I shall give a couple examples.

Metal Gear Solid 2: I'm near the very end, right before you face the huge machine with the ninja that ends up dying, I believe. (it's been a while) At any rate, in the tunnel leading to the main section, I get this call from the Chief or whatever he was and he starts rambling completely about how long I've been PLAYING THE VIDEO GAME!

I fricken dropped the controller and flatout thought my damn game was overtaken by some type of ghost. I literally freaked out, I'd never seen anything like it and it was freaking the holy crap out of me. He just kept rambling about how I'd been going in circles for hours and needed to put the controller down and turn the game off. My friend's and I were all stunned by it and to this day still have NO clue what it was all about.

Lol. That one is classic. My best mate actually turned the console off at that point, without having saved, and ended up having wasted the entire afternoon.

I've got 3.

Earthworm Jim 2 on the Mega Drive: At the end of the first level, you're aware that the first boss is going to be Bob the Goldfish. So you avoid all these water hazards, and take out the endless number of muscle bound cats, and you get to the end, and all these mechanical doors open to reveal........ Bob just sat there in his fish tank. And Jim just walks up, grabs the fish and eats him right there. WTF?

MGS 4: When the game feels the need to point out the wonders of the PS3 over the PS2. You re-enter Shadow Moses and when you get to a point where, in MGS 1 you would have had to have changed disc, Otacon calls up and says 'time to change the disc Snake' and then when Snake gets all confused, Otacon says 'Oh wait no sorry, we're on the PS3 system now, using a blu-ray disc with dual layer memory. Sorry Snake' And then towards the end after you beat Screaming Mantis, the Ghost of Psycho Mantis appears and says 'I'll beat you this time Snake. I'll start by reading the information on your memory card....... Oh no, you're using a hard drive! Ok, i'll just take control of your control pad! No, this can't be! Wireless controls!!!!!' and then he explodes. Yes that's right, a ghost explodes. WTF?

Resident Evil 4: I used to get the villagers attacking me from behind and usually i'd be able to turn around in time to blast their faces in. Then i met the chainsaw dude for the first time, and when i turned to see a chainsaw speeding towards and through my neck i let out a very loud and distressed WTF? (I was stoned at the time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back