Big Van Vader Campaign HQ

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
It's been a damn while since I ran this HQ, and since my original Vader HQ was the ORIGINAL HQ and started this whole campaign deal (it's true, it's damn true) I figure myself a little nostalgic here.

Big Van Vader is the greatest Superheavyweight in a business that has been long dominated by larger than life individuals.

Vader is one of the few men in the history of professional wrestling to win World Heavyweight Titles on three different CONTINENTS, not just countries. (North America, Asia, Europe.)

Vader is one of the few professional wrestlers to truly dominate both the American and Japanese scenes.

Vader holds major wins over some of the great legends in the history of professional wrestling, including Sting (he dominated Sting in the early 90's in WCW), Cactus Jack, Yokozuna, Antonio Inoki, etc.

With MAYBE the exception of Bam Bam Bigelow, Vader is the most agile SHW in wrestling history, routinely hitting top rope moonsaults, corner splashes with hang time, and the Vader Bomb.

He won a major Japanese World Title in a 4-round tournament, wrestling for a total of more than a half hour, longer than Randy Savage wrestled en route to his Wrestlemania 4 victory, which totally invalidates the stereotype that SHW's gas out and can't go in long matches.

He has a pain tolerance that make today's wrestlers look like pansies. I will often invoke the story of a match he had with long time rival Stan Hansen. Both men are stiff workers, and Hansen "accidentally" potatoed Vader with a punch in one match that literally caused Vader's eye to bulge from its socket. Rather than panic, Vader pushed his eye back in its socket and finished the match.

And if you want to know about inflicting pain, he's the man responsible for Mick Foley's ear being torn off his head in Germany.

I'll (try to) dazzle you with videos and more evidence as the tournament progresses, but Big Van Vader, who has made the final 4 in this tournament in the past, is due for a victory. He's the most dominant, agile, talented, brutal Superheavyweight in history, and this is his year.

Ah yes Big Van Vader. That man was an awesome sight to behold and I love how you kept referring to him as the greatest SHW of all time.

Unfortunately, my guy, THE GREATEST BIG MAN OF ALL TIME, will be the one that takes it this year.

Oh, Christ... here we go again...

Yes, he is a phenomenal talent but I will always, ALWAYS push Andre the Giant over him.

It was forearm shots that did the deed to Vader's eye.. and that was after numerous shots to Hansen's face. Either way, it went to a no-contest. Also Vader nearly killed Sting... and Antonio Inoki.

And he beat up Gorrilla Monsoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back