Best Two: New York Mets

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
ny-mets-3d-logo.jpg

This is the last one for my favorite teams, so people are going to have to start sending me ideas, or starting their own. The New York Mets are probably best known as New York's "#2 Baseball Team" behind the Yankees, but they'll forever be my favorite. It's in my blood. My dad was a Mets fan from the day he heard the team was coming. It's been tough narrowing it down to just two great games, but I think I've done it.

The first one, which will be a surprise to almost no one, is Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. Best known as the game where Buckner didn't get his butt down to pick up a gorund ball. The entire game was great, and had amazing back and forth momentum, but it all came down to Mookie Wilson squeaking one past one of the game's best first baseman of the 1980's. Game 7 was just as good, but nowhere near as exciting as this one, and the crowd erupted like no other when Ray Knight scored the winning run.

The second game, is one that almost no one here will probably remember. It was in 1999, when the New York Mets had to play the Cincinatti Reds in a one game playoff to determine who would go to the postseason. The Reds' crowd was in to the whole game, and never let up. It couldn't overcome one of Al Leiter's career-best outings. The Mets won 5-0, and eventually came within one pitch of going to the World Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back