Best Professional Wrestling Storylines Of All Time!

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
From the late 80's to today, we've seen hundreds and hundreds of storylines from WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA, ROH and ect.

Some of them were absolutely terrible ie: Kane vs. HHH "Katie Vick Storyline"
Some of them were pure gold ie: Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting Starrcade 1997

So my question to you is..

From any time period, any organization
What was your Favorite professional wrestling storyline of ALL TIME?

Without a doubt the Original Hogan swerve with the NWO was the greatest ever. In addition to that, some others that I would consider great are in no particular order of importance. Too hard to rate these for me.

1. Brett vs Owen. That was a great feud and Owen played a perfect heal. It was a perfect story, brother against brother one trying to step out of the others shadow. Owen was so convincing in his role that you couldn't help but to identify with him.

2. Savage vs Steamboat. Although this one doesn't go down in the ages as one of the greatest of all time storylines on most peoples list. It does for mine simply because it was such a passionate feud where everytime these guys went out they gave it everything they had and then some. Every meeting between these two was like a clash of two titans. Almost elevated the IC title to the same level as the World title.

3. Obviously without saying Hogan vs Andre. It literally was the biggest confrontation in wrestling history and remains so to this day.

4. Austin vs McMahon. It was literally what the Attitude era was built on.

5. Von Erichs vs Freedbirds Feud. Literally one of the longest running and hottest feuds ever.

6. Samoa Joe vs Angle. Although technically this storyline isn't one of the best of all time. It is certainly the best thing going in wrestling now and is the best thing since the attitude era, so I give it some praise here.

Hulk Hogan vs Roddy Piper that kicked off the Rock N Wrestling Connection, that then gave birth to Wrestlemania and basically changed the landscape of wrestling forever. It could and would no longer be ignored by the mainstream crowd and became an entertainment force to be reckoned with.

Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior, this was the be all end all to me as a kid as I was so torn over which guy to cheer for because I loved them both so much.

D-X vs The Nation of Domination, loved this story, it was hilarious and saw some great matches as well.

The Rock vs Mankind, amazing series of matches that saw the title go back and forth between two of the best ever in the business.

Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff best of Seven Series for the US Title, all time classic right there.

Hulk Hogan vs Evil Sgt Slaughter at the height of the Gulf War, people wanted to kill Slaughter for real, he was so hated.

John Cena vs JBL, really cemented Cena as a future superstar.

Savage vs Steamboat, simply one of the best ever, it was perfect.

The rise and fall of the Mega Powers, this was amazing stuff that had me so excited as a kid.

Austin vs McMahons, definitely one of the all time great wrestling rivalries and storylines.

Austin vs Rock, see above it's classic.

Edge vs John Cena, they ruled the WWE Main Event scene going back and forth for the better part of a year, and I love long storylines, we don't get nearly enough of those anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back