Best Angle of the Year

• US Open Challenge

• Jay Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal

• Pentagon Jr.'s Path of Destruction

• Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

• Anyone But You Roman

• Bayley's Road to the Title

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to give it to the US Open Challenge. Despite how it ended (so it may seem), I don't think I know of any angles in the history of wrestling that have resulted in as many top shelf matches as this one has.

It was a tough call but I'm casting my vote for Bayley. It has been a long time since a woman doing anything in wrestling has interested me so much. Well has done anything that didn't eventually result in putting my hand down my pants.

While I agree the US Open Challenge should win, I feel Pentagon Jr. deserves some love here. I'm not surprised at the people that voted for him either.

This tells me more people need to watch LU.

John Cena's US Title Open Challenge was an angle in which each week, I was curious to find out what is about to happen. Who will answer the challenge this time? It had the suspense of a Royal Rumble match, where we wonder who will be the next entrant...
Good concept, good matches, good challengers, and of course, it took Cena away from the World title scene. My vote goes to the US Open Challenge.

While I agree the US Open Challenge should win, I feel Pentagon Jr. deserves some love here. I'm not surprised at the people that voted for him either.

This tells me more people need to watch LU.

It almost got my vote, but the end result was one great match, while the US open challenge had at least five. As I stated above, I don't know of many angles that have done that.

That being said, yes, more people do need to watch LU.

It almost got my vote, but the end result was one great match, while the US open challenge had at least five. As I stated above, I don't know of many angles that have done that.

That being said, yes, more people do need to watch LU.

I kind of miss when an angle was allowed to simmer before finally hitting its boiling point and that one match was all you needed. But, I know that's not the nature of the business anymore, so I understand your reasoning.

Pentagon was breaking arms and threatening to light dudes on fire all season before we finally got a pretty sweet reveal that Vampiro was his master. It just edges Bayley's rise to the title for me.

Barbs made a good point about the US Open Challenge. It had some good matches, but outside of putting Owens on the map, no one who challenged for the title benefited from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back